BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

06-01-2019, 11:42 AM   #1
natahoa
Retired soccer mom
United_States
Rep
Drives: x5 40i 2019

Garage List
Angry How long from “awaiting carrier assignment?

Waiting for this car is driving me nuts. The online tracker is almost useless, and the dealer says he won’t know the car is coming until it shows up on his lot.

My status has been “awaiting carrier assignment” since Thursday night. I KNOW they don’t wait very long - I’m on the east coast and my guess is that they have multiple car carriers coming to this area every day.

How long did it take YOUR to arrive (from SC for US delivery)?

I’m looking for a speck of hope that I’ll get the car in the next few days.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2019, 02:48 PM   #2
Aimster82
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 X3 M40i 2019 BMW X5 5.0

Mine was delivered 3 days after that to the dealer. I texted my sales guys and he had the delivery info.
Appreciate 1
natahoa258.00
      06-01-2019, 03:52 PM   #3
natahoa
Retired soccer mom
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aimster82 View Post
Mine was delivered 3 days after that to the dealer. I texted my sales guys and he had the delivery info.
Thanks so much! My dealer is in Delaware. I hope to hear from them Monday!
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2019, 04:48 PM   #4
rmorin1249
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 MSport 40i

The status updates are NOT accurate. My car was also awaiting carrier assignment for several days but in fact it had already been dispatched. This may be the case for your vehicle but it could possibly still be waiting to be assigned to a particular load. Your CA should be able to find out exactly what is the status. Once my car was dispatched it arrived at the dealer the next day. My dealer is in suburban Baltimore, MD. Good luck.

COL(Ret), US Army Hagerstown MD
2019 X5 40i MSport Alpine White/Coffee (my 13th and likely my last BMW)
2015 Mercedes SL400; 2009 Lexus RX350
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2019, 08:49 PM   #5
natahoa
Retired soccer mom
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmorin1249 View Post
The status updates are NOT accurate. My car was also awaiting carrier assignment for several days but in fact it had already been dispatched. This may be the case for your vehicle but it could possibly still be waiting to be assigned to a particular load. Your CA should be able to find out exactly what is the status. Once my car was dispatched it arrived at the dealer the next day. My dealer is in suburban Baltimore, MD. Good luck.

Thanks so much!

I was able to get my VIN to activate the owners manual today. I’ve been trying ever since I got the VIN weeks ago. Does that mean it is at the dealers?
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2019, 10:28 PM   #6
claykin
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: various BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by natahoa View Post
Waiting for this car is driving me nuts. The online tracker is almost useless, and the dealer says he won't know the car is coming until it shows up on his lot.

My status has been "awaiting carrier assignment" since Thursday night. I KNOW they don't wait very long - I'm on the east coast and my guess is that they have multiple car carriers coming to this area every day.

How long did it take YOUR to arrive (from SC for US delivery)?

I'm looking for a speck of hope that I'll get the car in the next few days.
The mygarage site on bmwusa is sometimes accurate, sometimes slow to update.

Call your dealer and get someone to check your VIN in DCSnet. They can get an accurate update.

East coast deliveries are usually no more than a week from time the car leaves Greer, SC. Occasional transport delays happen. Otherwise, delays are sometimes associated with the car having an issue that needs to be addressed before its delivered to dealer.
      06-02-2019, 07:09 AM   #7
natahoa
Retired soccer mom
United_States
Rep

Garage List
My gut feeling, based on nothing at all, is that because the VIN was activated yesterday, is that the car arrived at the dealer and was driven and logged in somewhere.

They are closed on Sunday but I’ll call tomorrow to see if they have the car or can track it!
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2019, 09:14 AM   #8
Soxypoo
Rep
Drives: 19 X5 4.0 grey

Drive to the dealer on your morning coffee run and ask them ! I know the feeling it is exciting btw what color combo/option did you get ?
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2019, 09:27 AM   #9
Auricom
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 xDrive40i M Sport

Easiest way to tell if your vehicle arrived at the dealer is do an inventory search on your dealer site for X5 and look for your vin.

Appreciate 0
      06-02-2019, 10:47 AM   #10
natahoa
Retired soccer mom
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auricom View Post
Easiest way to tell if your vehicle arrived at the dealer is do an inventory search on your dealer site for X5 and look for your vin.
Oooh, good tip. I’m on it ...
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2019, 10:57 AM   #11
natahoa
Retired soccer mom
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Cool Dealer is 90 minutes away

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soxypoo View Post
Drive to the dealer on your morning coffee run and ask them ! I know the feeling it is exciting btw what color combo/option did you get ?
I’m retired, and if I had a job it wouldn’t be that far away. I live in a somewhat rural area, and this is the closest dealer. They pick up and drop off cars for any kind of maintenance and repairs. It’s the only reason I bought the car. I just liked it when I drove it. Closer luxury dealers are limited to Lincoln and Mercedes. I hated the Mercedes.

I got the mineral white with white Vernasca leather. I’ve been researching how to keep them clean. I’ve got queries out to two local shops for pricing on PPF wrap.

BEST of all, I got the ventilated massaging seats. I just can’t wait. This is my first BMW and first luxury car. I’ve spent my 5-week waiting period figuring out a lot of stuff.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2019, 10:59 AM   #12
Marty in NY
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 21 X5 40i, 18 GTi, Snowblower

Might work, might not. My experience with dealers is that it takes them a while to load their inventory into their system and then even longer for their IT person to update their website. Plus, if this car was specifically ordered for natahoa, it may never get onto their website inventory since it is already sold.
So, if you don't see it on their site, don't freak, I am sure they will call you to set up a time to come in. They have to receive it, then put it through their prep department before you can take it.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2019, 11:14 AM   #13
natahoa
Retired soccer mom
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty in Bgm View Post
Might work, might not. My experience with dealers is that it takes them a while to load their inventory into their system and then even longer for their IT person to update their website. Plus, if this car was specifically ordered for natahoa, it may never get onto their website inventory since it is already sold.
So, if you don't see it on their site, don't freak, I am sure they will call you to set up a time to come in. They have to receive it, then put it through their prep department before you can take it.

Not any more freaked than usual. Just trying to use all my mad skills to find out. I tried dcs.net but don’t have a login (obviously).

I also tried the chat agent on the dealer web site. Useless.

What pisses me off is that the sales manager told me it would be next week before I get the car. I feel positive it has either been delivered or will be tomorrow.

I know I’m am acting out. Patience has never been one of my virtues.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2019, 02:51 PM   #14
Soxypoo
Rep

Quote:
I’m retired, and if I had a job it wouldn’t be that far away. I live in a somewhat rural area, and this is the closest dealer. They pick up and drop off cars for any kind of maintenance and repairs. It’s the only reason I bought the car. I just liked it when I drove it. Closer luxury dealers are limited to Lincoln and Mercedes. I hated the Mercedes.

I got the mineral white with white Vernasca leather. I’ve been researching how to keep them clean. I’ve got queries out to two local shops for pricing on PPF wrap.

BEST of all, I got the ventilated massaging seats. I just can’t wait. This is my first BMW and first luxury car. I’ve spent my 5-week waiting period figuring out a lot of stuff.
Oh I have ventilated massage seats also , it is awesome lol , this is my car , picked up last week right before the holiday , gray metallic and I tinted front windows
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
TurtleBoy15566.00
      06-02-2019, 02:58 PM   #15
Soxypoo
Rep

Quote:

Not any more freaked than usual. Just trying to use all my mad skills to find out. I tried dcs.net but don’t have a login (obviously).

I also tried the chat agent on the dealer web site. Useless.

What pisses me off is that the sales manager told me it would be next week before I get the car. I feel positive it has either been delivered or will be tomorrow.

I know I’m am acting out. Patience has never been one of my virtues.
I would make them give you the floor liners , front middle and back heck ask also for the cargo net ... I made my salesman give me all that cuz I have to wait for the car , they sell those for around 600 total if you want to get it after . Trust me it is worth it ! Already spilled juice coffee after 2 days ( I have a 5 years old and a 2 years old )
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2019, 05:51 PM   #16
natahoa
Retired soccer mom
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Oh I have ventilated massage seats also , it is awesome lol , this is my car , picked up last week right before the holiday , gray metallic and I tinted front windows
Nice! Thanks so much for sharing! I’m really jazzed about those ventilated seats. I’m always hot.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2019, 05:59 PM   #17
natahoa
Retired soccer mom
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I would make them give you the floor liners , front middle and back heck ask also for the cargo net ... I made my salesman give me all that cuz I have to wait for the car , they sell those for around 600 total if you want to get it after . Trust me it is worth it ! Already spilled juice coffee after 2 days ( I have a 5 years old and a 2 years old )
Lol ... when my kids were that age we got our first mini-van. Those things are indestructible. Good luck with babies in your beemer ...

I already negotiated the car mats, and roof-rack crossbars, as part of my deal with the dealer. Im hoping to get a cargo mat too.

I’m also going to ask for some motor oil so I can change the oil at about 1,000 miles. I also wanted to change to non run-flat tires, but they don’t have them at the dealership and said I couldn’t do that for warranty reasons.

I’m taking a long road trip in late July. I’ll have to work pretty hard to get some miles on it before we do that. The sooner I get the car, the better!
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2020, 12:31 PM   #18
aday504
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 428i, X3 M40i

Status?

Following this post and wondering when you received your car, natahoa ? Ours just moved to awaiting carrier assignment today and we're hoping to take it on a road trip next Friday!
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2020, 01:38 PM   #19
Auricom
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 xDrive40i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by aday504 View Post
Following this post and wondering when you received your car, natahoa ? Ours just moved to awaiting carrier assignment today and we're hoping to take it on a road trip next Friday!
She received her X5 a while ago and hasn't been active in some time.

Appreciate 0