Mo Reviews
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > USA - Midwest / Rockies

07-03-2019, 09:21 AM   #1
DadVibes
Captain
Rep
Drives: F87 M2 CS

Garage List
Boulder CO: Shop recommendation for springs install?

I picked up my F80 M3 about 2 months ago and I'm looking to have some Eibach v2 springs installed on just the front as the back is already perfect.

Per a buddy's recommendation I called 303 Motorsport and they gave me a ridiculous quote of $1700 for installing just the front springs. I should have figured this, knowing the absurd quote they gave me to install a part on my old STI, years ago.

I've been looking for a shop more local to the Boulder area for hopefully a much lower quote. But being new to this area, I'm not familiar with any good shops up here and Google Maps has been of little help. So I'm open to recommendations.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by DadVibes; 07-03-2019 at 09:28 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2019, 07:20 PM   #2
fknlo
Private
Rep
Drives: s2k, f80, Prius

Bimmerhaus and Auto Sport in Broomfield might be options for you.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2019, 03:09 PM   #3
DadVibes
Captain
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by fknlo View Post
Bimmerhaus and Auto Sport in Broomfield might be options for you.
Thanks for the info! I'll check both of those options out.
      07-08-2019, 01:26 PM   #4
DadVibes
Captain
Rep

Garage List
Auto Sport quoted me $850 (6 hours labor) just for the front two springs.

Bimmerhaus quoted me $1650 with alignment.

Both of those shops told me it's the front strut braces that are the biggest PITA to deal with, making the install take much longer.

At these prices, I think I'll just live with the stock suspension setup. At least for now.
      07-08-2019, 09:57 PM   #5
fknlo
Private
Rep
Drives: s2k, f80, Prius

Quote:
Originally Posted by S4toM3 View Post

Both of those shops told me it's the front strut braces that are the biggest PITA to deal with, making the install take much longer.

At these prices, I think I'll just live with the stock suspension setup. At least for now.
There are a couple shops in Longmont that might be worth the call as well. I doubt they'll be any cheaper, but you never know. One of them is also Auto Sport, but I believe it's different than the one in Broomfield and the other is Dynamic Import Service.

I don't have experience with any of them as I haven't even had my f80 for a month yet, but Dynamic Import will probably be my shop out here if I need anything done.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2019, 10:05 PM   #6
moonluv810
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW X3, 2018 BMW M3, 2022

Quote:

The strut brace literally takes no more than 10 minutes to remove. 😀

Whom did you talk to at Autowerks? Talk to Andy. He's a very cool guy and easy to work with.
The shop has lots of experience with bimmers (and other European cars) but probably not so much with F8X platform yet.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2019, 01:14 AM   #7
15minprior
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M

I am sure those guys are cool when money talks.

Let me know what shop you end up getting your car serviced. I might relocate to good old CO.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2019, 01:18 AM   #8
chetrickerman
ECUTek Master Tuner
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 YMB

Garage List
2016 BMW M3  [9.00]
Those prices are crazy. The spring install isnt hard at all, especially since you can rent a spring compressor from autozone for free.
      07-09-2019, 04:52 PM   #9
DadVibes
Captain
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by fknlo View Post
There are a couple shops in Longmont that might be worth the call as well. I doubt they'll be any cheaper, but you never know. One of them is also Auto Sport, but I believe it's different than the one in Broomfield and the other is Dynamic Import Service.

I don't have experience with any of them as I haven't even had my f80 for a month yet, but Dynamic Import will probably be my shop out here if I need anything done.
Thanks for the recommendation on Dynamic Import. I'm technically in Erie and their shop is only 19 minutes from me. I just gave them a call and they are calling me back with a quote in the morning when the BMW guy gets in. They clearly work on these newer models and have excellent reviews. Fingers crossed that they have reasonable pricing.

With that said, this morning I did have another local shop give me a quote for $700 for install and alignment. It's still a bit high but low enough for me to schedule an appointment with him for next Thursday. The shop is called Weibbach Performance.

The only thing making me weary of Weibbach is that even though he has a 5 star rating, he only has 9 reviews on Google Maps. Dynamic Import has 73 5 star reviews, many from people with newer model BMW and Volvos.

I'll report back when I get the quote from Dynamic Impoort, regardless.
      07-09-2019, 09:13 PM   #10
trackymbf82
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4, Bootmod3 on E85

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonluv810 View Post
Quote:

The strut brace literally takes no more than 10 minutes to remove. 😀

Whom did you talk to at Autowerks? Talk to Andy. He's a very cool guy and easy to work with.
The shop has lots of experience with bimmers (and other European cars) but probably not so much with F8X platform yet.
They have done extensive work on my f82 there.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2019, 11:18 AM   #11
Gomeler
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '16 M235iR, '16 M4 GTS

Curious what your experience was like with Dynamic Import.

I've used SCR Performance out in Loveland for my racecar to do corner balances and alignments, I do all my wrenching minus engine/trans/diff builds. I know they service a ton of BMWs/support an e36 in amateur endurance racing.

I've also used 5250 Performance out in Longmont for my STI. Had them build an in-tank surge system to help eliminate fuel starvation on track.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2019, 05:25 PM   #12
delirium45
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5 50i

I'll pile on here, late, but with experience.

I spent about 6 years going from daily, to AX, to HPDE, to W2W with E46M, and SCR Performance was my shop.

We went from just doing the stuff i couldn't or wouldn't do on my own garage floor to full race support (arrive + drive). They handled it all.

Additionally, i took my E39M to them for similar stuff i didn't want to do. Great shop.