BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-31-2019, 08:16 AM   #1
radmjk
Private First Class
radmjk's Avatar
United_States
92
Rep
182
Posts

Drives: 2020 X5 M50i, 20 RRS SE
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Rochester, Michigan

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Any updates for 2020 X5's that started production?

My 2020 build is still in "Production begins" status. Any updates or change in your status?
__________________
RADMJK
2020 X5 M50i Carbon Black
2020 Range Rover Sport SE White (wifes)
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2019, 08:41 AM   #2
gray_speedster
Private
gray_speedster's Avatar
United_States
46
Rep
65
Posts

Drives: 2020 BMW X5 xDrive 40i
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Atlanta

iTrader: (0)

Mine is still in production begins. It is "supposed" to be completed August 4th. I am in no rush to get it as I need an early September delivery, which is when the dealer said it would show up.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2019, 10:21 AM   #3
VTENGR
Major
435
Rep
1,176
Posts

Drives: 2020 X5 M50i
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Atlanta

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gray_speedster View Post
Mine is still in production begins. It is "supposed" to be completed August 4th. I am in no rush to get it as I need an early September delivery, which is when the dealer said it would show up.
If you don't mind me asking, what dealer in Atlanta did you go with?
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2019, 10:27 AM   #4
gray_speedster
Private
gray_speedster's Avatar
United_States
46
Rep
65
Posts

Drives: 2020 BMW X5 xDrive 40i
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Atlanta

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTENGR View Post
If you don't mind me asking, what dealer in Atlanta did you go with?
Sent you a PM.
Appreciate 1
VTENGR435.00

      07-31-2019, 12:36 PM   #5
RowanBuds
Lieutenant Colonel
RowanBuds's Avatar
1264
Rep
1,832
Posts

Drives: LMB F80
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Bergen County, NJ

iTrader: (0)

Echoing gray_speedster : Mine is still in production begins also. It is "supposed" to be completed August 3rd.
I am sort of in a rush to get it as I'm really hoping for an end of August/First week of September delivery - Dealer has not given any ETA on it as I'm trying to pick it up at the Performance Center, who won't even begin scheduling correspondence until the build is complete. Sold my outgoing SUV to Carvana, who came and took it away about an hour ago.

The sooner the better on my end.
__________________
Le Mans Blue F80 - Munich 5-22-2015 / US 7-7-2015
ED Recap
Arctic Grey G05 - Spartanburg 8-29-2019
X5 PCD Recap
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2019, 12:47 PM   #6
VTENGR
Major
435
Rep
1,176
Posts

Drives: 2020 X5 M50i
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Atlanta

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowanBuds View Post
Echoing gray_speedster : Mine is still in production begins also. It is "supposed" to be completed August 3rd.
I am sort of in a rush to get it as I'm really hoping for an end of August/First week of September delivery - Dealer has not given any ETA on it as I'm trying to pick it up at the Performance Center, who won't even begin scheduling correspondence until the build is complete. Sold my outgoing SUV to Carvana, who came and took it away about an hour ago.

The sooner the better on my end.
What are you going to drive in the meantime?
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2019, 02:07 PM   #7
dan321
Lieutenant
United_States
165
Rep
506
Posts

Drives: 2020 X5 40i
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Central FL

iTrader: (0)

Mine is still "Production Begins" with a completion date of August 4
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2019, 02:09 PM   #8
rayshelbygt
Private
rayshelbygt's Avatar
24
Rep
55
Posts

Drives: GT500, SRX
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Florida

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowanBuds View Post
Echoing gray_speedster : Mine is still in production begins also. It is "supposed" to be completed August 3rd.
I am sort of in a rush to get it as I'm really hoping for an end of August/First week of September delivery - Dealer has not given any ETA on it as I'm trying to pick it up at the Performance Center, who won't even begin scheduling correspondence until the build is complete. Sold my outgoing SUV to Carvana, who came and took it away about an hour ago.

The sooner the better on my end.
Rowan how is your carvana experience? That is what I am planning
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2019, 02:59 PM   #9
dan321
Lieutenant
United_States
165
Rep
506
Posts

Drives: 2020 X5 40i
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Central FL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayshelbygt View Post
Rowan how is your carvana experience? That is what I am planning
I'm trading in a 2018 X3. Carvana gave me less on trade than my local dealer. One gotcha on selling rather than trading in, at least where I live in FL, is that you pay sales tax on the price you pay for the car, not its list price. If you sell instead of trade-in your car you will pay a smaller sales tax than if you sell your car. You got to run the numbers of course to see how much that will be.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2019, 03:04 PM   #10
rcrc
New Member
5
Rep
15
Posts

Drives: Volvo XC90
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: New Jersey

iTrader: (0)

Still "production begins" with 8/3 completion date. I would expect the status to change tomorrow if that date is to be met.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2019, 03:23 PM   #11
radmjk
Private First Class
radmjk's Avatar
United_States
92
Rep
182
Posts

Drives: 2020 X5 M50i, 20 RRS SE
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Rochester, Michigan

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
So it looks like we are all in the same boat so to speak, as far as no one progressing beyond "Production begins". Please update if your status changes. Thanks
__________________
RADMJK
2020 X5 M50i Carbon Black
2020 Range Rover Sport SE White (wifes)
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2019, 05:37 PM   #12
RowanBuds
Lieutenant Colonel
RowanBuds's Avatar
1264
Rep
1,832
Posts

Drives: LMB F80
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Bergen County, NJ

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by radmjk View Post
So it looks like we are all in the same boat so to speak, as far as no one progressing beyond "Production begins". Please update if your status changes. Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcrc View Post
Still "production begins" with 8/3 completion date. I would expect the status to change tomorrow if that date is to be met.
It wouldn't surprise me to see nothing then a jump to 'quality check' or 'carrier assignment'. It wouldn't be unheard of - this happened frequently to people waiting on builds while I was doing the same for the F80 and was very active on the two forums at that time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan321 View Post
I'm trading in a 2018 X3. Carvana gave me less on trade than my local dealer. One gotcha on selling rather than trading in, at least where I live in FL, is that you pay sales tax on the price you pay for the car, not its list price. If you sell instead of trade-in your car you will pay a smaller sales tax than if you sell your car. You got to run the numbers of course to see how much that will be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayshelbygt View Post
Rowan how is your carvana experience? That is what I am planning
Ok, so, I ended up getting about 22-2300 more than the high # I was offered on trade when having 3 dealers evaluate it. The car was mostly an nyc metro local use car and the exterior showed it. I also thought it was in an accident that wasn't disclosed to me when I purchased it as a CPO, but nothing ever hit the title/carfax, so I'm left to assume not. After the tax benefit here in NJ it was somewhere around a 1400 net plus for me to go with Carvana.

I'm not going to comment on the experience until the note through BMWFS is paid off by Carvana. Pick-up Experience:

They picked it up smooth, even earlier than the projected window. I got a call first thing in the morning to clear an earlier arrival and it worked for me as well so I said sure.
Driver was very pleasant, ensured I had EZ-Pass, 12V adapters, seatbacks and doors emptied, etc..
Only had to sign 4 or 5 pieces of paper - 2 related to paying off loan and allowing carvana to do so on my behalf.
Was handed a check for the balance of value.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTENGR View Post
What are you going to drive in the meantime?
I've got two other options, as long as the weather is good and my wife is home. If it's not weather I'll drive the F80 in I've got a MkVII GTI, but occasionally my wife is out of state for work and takes it.

IF all else fails, my home and office are connected by 2 train stops, but the times aren't ideal for my schedule. I can deal for a few weeks /Firstworldproblems.
__________________
Le Mans Blue F80 - Munich 5-22-2015 / US 7-7-2015
ED Recap
Arctic Grey G05 - Spartanburg 8-29-2019
X5 PCD Recap

Last edited by RowanBuds; 07-31-2019 at 06:27 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2019, 06:19 PM   #13
rayshelbygt
Private
rayshelbygt's Avatar
24
Rep
55
Posts

Drives: GT500, SRX
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Florida

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan321 View Post
I'm trading in a 2018 X3. Carvana gave me less on trade than my local dealer. One gotcha on selling rather than trading in, at least where I live in FL, is that you pay sales tax on the price you pay for the car, not its list price. If you sell instead of trade-in your car you will pay a smaller sales tax than if you sell your car. You got to run the numbers of course to see how much that will be.
Right my expectations with carvana is they send the tow truck to pick up your vehicle you hand them the title and they hand you a check is it that simple?
I have a ballpark idea what my local dealer woud offer they know my srx but with carvana you can do the math..
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2019, 08:05 AM   #14
rcrc
New Member
5
Rep
15
Posts

Drives: Volvo XC90
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: New Jersey

iTrader: (0)

Just called and seems my completion date has been pushed back to 8/6 from 8/3. Not a big deal if that's the case.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2019, 08:14 AM   #15
dan321
Lieutenant
United_States
165
Rep
506
Posts

Drives: 2020 X5 40i
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Central FL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcrc View Post
Just called and seems my completion date has been pushed back to 8/6 from 8/3. Not a big deal if that's the case.
I just called and my completion date is still Aug 4, it hasn't changed since I first checked last week.

Of course, Aug 4 is a Sunday so does that mean that Spartanburg is working over the weekend?
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2019, 10:29 AM   #16
RowanBuds
Lieutenant Colonel
RowanBuds's Avatar
1264
Rep
1,832
Posts

Drives: LMB F80
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Bergen County, NJ

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayshelbygt View Post
Right my expectations with carvana is they send the tow truck to pick up your vehicle you hand them the title and they hand you a check is it that simple?
I have a ballpark idea what my local dealer woud offer they know my srx but with carvana you can do the math..
Yup, you've basically got the process correct there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcrc View Post
Just called and seems my completion date has been pushed back to 8/6 from 8/3. Not a big deal if that's the case.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan321 View Post
I just called and my completion date is still Aug 4, it hasn't changed since I first checked last week.

Of course, Aug 4 is a Sunday so does that mean that Spartanburg is working over the weekend?
I believe they run the line 7 days a week, but it's possibly only 6, with the Saturday being a light production day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by radmjk View Post
So it looks like we are all in the same boat so to speak, as far as no one progressing beyond "Production begins". Please update if your status changes. Thanks
As of this morning the 800 # is reflecting a change from "Build Estimated Completion Date of August 3rd" to "Estimated Completion Date of August 5th", a change from this Saturday to next Monday.

The "My BMW" Garage page shows no change, still at 'Production Begins'.
__________________
Le Mans Blue F80 - Munich 5-22-2015 / US 7-7-2015
ED Recap
Arctic Grey G05 - Spartanburg 8-29-2019
X5 PCD Recap
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2019, 06:54 PM   #17
VandalF16
Enlisted Member
VandalF16's Avatar
United_States
9
Rep
33
Posts

Drives: 2020 X5 // 2019 M5CP
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Recently ordered our 2020 X5 on 7/29.

7/29 - status 112
7/31 - status 150 (in production)
8/9 - estimated production completion date from BMW genius #

Hopefully ready for pickup from our dealership by the end of the month. Things move fast with the domestic production!
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2019, 10:05 PM   #18
bimmer1000
New Member
6
Rep
27
Posts

Drives: Ford Mustang
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

My X5 is now "scheduled for production". No estimates provided.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2019, 10:51 PM   #19
Paladin1
Captain
Paladin1's Avatar
United_States
340
Rep
730
Posts

Drives: 2020 X5 40i M Sport, Arctic Gr
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Midwest

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2020 X5 M Sport  [0.00]
Have a pair sitting on "scheduled for production" for the last week, but CA checked and says week 34 - 19 August, with first week of September delivery.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2019, 05:25 AM   #20
dan321
Lieutenant
United_States
165
Rep
506
Posts

Drives: 2020 X5 40i
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Central FL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer1000 View Post
My X5 is now "scheduled for production". No estimates provided.
Call BMW NA at 800-831-1117 and say you want "Vehicle Production Status" and follow the prompts and it will give you an estimated completion date.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2019, 07:58 AM   #21
gray_speedster
Private
gray_speedster's Avatar
United_States
46
Rep
65
Posts

Drives: 2020 BMW X5 xDrive 40i
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Atlanta

iTrader: (0)

Mine changed today from August 4th completion to August 6th, which I was expecting based on how others moved as well. It now aligns more with what the dealer said for week 32 production.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2019, 08:11 AM   #22
radmjk
Private First Class
radmjk's Avatar
United_States
92
Rep
182
Posts

Drives: 2020 X5 M50i, 20 RRS SE
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Rochester, Michigan

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by gray_speedster View Post
Mine changed today from August 4th completion to August 6th, which I was expecting based on how others moved as well. It now aligns more with what the dealer said for week 32 production.
Although still no movement beyond production begins, my estimated completion date has remained the same as well with Tuesday 8/6.
__________________
RADMJK
2020 X5 M50i Carbon Black
2020 Range Rover Sport SE White (wifes)
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:50 AM.




xbimmers
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST