E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > jlevisw's shipping doesn't require sig for fedex home delivery

08-19-2008, 01:05 AM   #1
lul77
Lieutenant Colonel
Philippines
Rep
Drives: e92

Unhappy jlevisw's shipping doesn't require sig for fedex home delivery

last month i ordered some small parts (painted reflectors and cf overlays for embems). looonnnng story short. i was away and left my housemates to take the package. jlevisw shipped it with out requiring signature and fed-ex "left it at my door". i never got it. fed-ex denied the claim and said that the vendor didn't opt for the $2 signature option. i talked to nick and he stated there was nothing they could do once fed-ex says they delivered the package and suggested that i file a police report for the missing parts.

nick wasn't being a jerk about the whole thing or anything, but really couldn't help and skimping out $2 for a signature is ridiculous. imagine this happening with the $350 simota intake or something more expensive.

word of caution/ lesson of the day: prior to buying something from them ask the specifics of how the package will be shipped.

available for photoshoots in NJ/NY area. click links for ::samples:. http://lul77.zenfolio.com/
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2008, 01:41 AM   #2
longtran
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
ouch.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2008, 01:42 AM   #3
Dr.phuOnger?
*BluRp*
United_States
Rep
Drives: Blurple

ouch.
      08-19-2008, 01:42 AM   #4
SES_D
pewpew
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 535i

ouch x3
      08-19-2008, 01:42 AM   #5
Minipuck V 2.0
秘書負責保持它真正
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 快車

this does not sound like them ... *virtual thumbs down* if true
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2008, 01:44 AM   #6
evoi19
Lieutenant General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 G80C

damn that sucks! I hope they take care of your issue man. $2 for peace of mind is a no brainer....
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2008, 01:46 AM   #7
jay spec
Rep
Drives: a 7-seater

poor business practice. sorry to hear.

Appreciate 0
      08-19-2008, 02:04 AM   #8
e92phreak
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i TiAg/E46 323i TiAg

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [9.50]
2000 E46 323i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lul77 View Post
last month i ordered some small parts (painted reflectors and cf overlays for embems). looonnnng story short. i was away and left my housemates to take the package. jlevisw shipped it with out requiring signature and fed-ex "left it at my door". i never got it. fed-ex denied the claim and said that the vendor didn't opt for the $2 signature option. i talked to nick and he stated there was nothing they could do once fed-ex says they delivered the package and suggested that i file a police report for the missing parts.

nick wasn't being a jerk about the whole thing or anything, but really couldn't help and skimping out $2 for a signature is ridiculous. imagine this happening with the $350 simota intake or something more expensive.

word of caution/ lesson of the day: prior to buying something from them ask the specifics of how the package will be shipped.
Weird... one time I lost something at my doorstep that was shipped via UPS. It was delivered (at UCI... Dartmouth Court apartments) but I never received it.

Filed a claim and UPS worked with the vendor to order another one.

Can you appeal?
07 E92 335i | TiAg | Step | Padl | Cmft | Alum Trm | PDC | Nav | Assist | Sat | Lthr | Prem | Sprt | Rear Splr | RDSport Quads | iPod | V1 | LT Refl | VS Clear Bra | OEM Lip | KWV2 | Mtec Sides | BBS LM-R
00 E46 323i | TiAg | 5sp | Sport | Roof | RDSport Cams | RDSport tune | RDSport Shift | Volk LE37 | M3 spoiler | PSS9 | SuperSprint | Brembo
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2008, 02:10 AM   #9
tek818
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3M Competition

Garage List
2018 M3 ZCP  [9.50]
moral of the story... always pay with Amex. They would reimburse you for that without thinking twice...
      08-19-2008, 10:34 AM   #10
KingKye
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335i

Last edited by KingKye; 09-12-2008 at 11:30 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2008, 10:45 AM   #11
SV Concepts
United_States
Rep
Drives: Vorsteiner E60 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKye View Post
I would hate to have to sign for everything that comes delivered. You shouldn't expect vendors to do signature delivery, if that's something you want, you should have asked for it.
Precisely.

First off, I would like to reiterate what Nick said, that we are very sorry to hear about this poor experience you had with our shipping carrier of choice.

If possible, I'd like to explain why this happened.

We actually used to require signature delivery on ALL packages (Express it is automatically required, but we used to do it for ground, too). Out of, say, every 10 packages we shipped FedEx, we would get at least 6 or 7 angry customers, saying things like:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Customer
Who do you think I am that I have time to sit at home and wait for your products to arrive to me?
Quote:
I have a job, I can't just wait at home
Quote:
I paid for shipping so that I don't have to go pick the product up, now I have to drive down to the nearest fedex hub which is 20 miles from me? I want a refund for my shipping to cover this inconvenience
Quote:
Now I have to tell my wife to stay home and look out for the package for me, when she has errands to run, too
and even the occasional

Quote:
I needed this by today, now it won't be re-delivered till tomorrow, you guys really let me down
So, in short, we stopped requiring signature confirmation. People were just getting fed up and complaining non-stop. We always want the customer to be happy, and since we know that most of you work or have obligations outside the house, we do not require signature delivery. We know you want your parts to be there when you get home - after all, who wants to come home from a long day at work and THEN have to drive all the way to FedEx and sign for the package? A lot of people order online because they DON'T have time to run around town. We know this for a fact, since a lot of packages would come back after 3-4 days of sitting around the FedEx hub

Don't believe me? Ask around. A lot of customers even put in their orders comments "Please do not require signature confirmation, I won't be home" - so we do that.

The customer is always right, and we will look into maybe adding an option where you can choose whether or not a signature is required... Nonetheless, I honestly feel that we are not at fault here, since signature confirmation is not standard on any ground shipment. Furthermore, I feel we should address the real issue - perhaps it would have been safer to ship the box to your work address, instead of your home address?

I truly wish FedEx had paid out the claim, but unfortunately they cannot be held responsible for theft off of your door step.

Nonetheless, we want to make this right, and will be happy to give you a discount on your future order to help ease the pain!

Thanks for your inputs
JL
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2008, 10:48 AM   #12
SV Concepts
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tek818 View Post
moral of the story... always pay with Amex. They would reimburse you for that without thinking twice...
As in, they provide insurance on your purchases? Or, as in, they will issue a chargeback against us, though we have delivered the products in full?

I think a lot of people fail to realize how damaging it is for you to call your credit card company. Most of the time they will just pull the money out of our account, even if we delivered the product, and they will put a black mark on our record. Enough of those black marks and soon enough VISA or Mastercard gives you the boot. I think it's 3 per billing period or something? So.. yeah.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2008, 10:50 AM   #13
akack79
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '18 F80 M3 ZCP

As with every business, virtually impossible to have 100% customer satisfaction. To the OP, sorry your package got stolen off your doorsteps.
      08-19-2008, 11:27 AM   #14
SV Concepts
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by akack79 View Post
As with every business, virtually impossible to have 100% customer satisfaction...
You know, people do say that - but it really doesn't stop us from trying... and it doesn't make it any less troubling to us when we can't satisfy a customer.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2008, 11:46 AM   #15
Minipuck V 2.0
秘書負責保持它真正
No_Country
Rep

is it possible to to require signature sometimes and then sometimes not?

i order from bigbadtoystore.com and they have multiple shipping methods, they state pretty clearly that some methods are trackable and some are not ... just a suggestion from what i have seen being done by online vendors.

at least if people want a peace of mind and all due diligence was done, that they at least have that
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2008, 12:01 PM   #16
SV Concepts
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minipuck V 2.0 View Post
is it possible to to require signature sometimes and then sometimes not?

i order from bigbadtoystore.com and they have multiple shipping methods, they state pretty clearly that some methods are trackable and some are not ... just a suggestion from what i have seen being done by online vendors.

at least if people want a peace of mind and all due diligence was done, that they at least have that
Like I had said, Ground is the only one that doesn't have signature confirmation standard. It's a little extra. The reason we don't request it has nothing to do with money and everything to do with our customer's convenience!

Let me check out that website and see how they work around it.

Thanks
JL
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2008, 12:02 PM   #17
Turkishexpress
Gixxer Man
Turkey
Rep
Drives: '08 335i E90 / '06 Range HSE

I hate having to sign for stuff as well but when shit gets stolen I'm as angry as the next person. Its a double edged sword.

Former Stable: 2008 MB C300, 2007 Chevy Avalanche, 2006 Evo IX (544awhp), 2005 Sti, 2003 Evo...
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2008, 12:05 PM   #18
OO---OO
Nekid Bandit
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

sorry to hear but the Vendor seems to want to work with you as much as he can.
...seems to me that the vendor should have a sig option but ultimately, i think its
the carriers problem that they delivered the stuff to the wrong people.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2008, 12:06 PM   #19
Minipuck V 2.0
秘書負責保持它真正
No_Country
Rep

and when they beat the shiet out of your package ... thats why i always opt for pick up or buy local when i can
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2008, 12:10 PM   #20
SV Concepts
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkishexpress View Post
I hate having to sign for stuff as well but when shit gets stolen I'm as angry as the next person. Its a double edged sword.
Exactly.
We will work with this customer to get him replacements, and this time, hopefully he will request signature confirmation or ship to a different address.

Thanks guys
JL
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2008, 12:19 PM   #21
StrifeM3
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13E92 MCB M3 18 F80M3 Atlantis

Garage List
2018 BMW M3  [0.00]
2013 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlevi SW View Post
Precisely.

First off, I would like to reiterate what Nick said, that we are very sorry to hear about this poor experience you had with our shipping carrier of choice.

If possible, I'd like to explain why this happened.

We actually used to require signature delivery on ALL packages (Express it is automatically required, but we used to do it for ground, too). Out of, say, every 10 packages we shipped FedEx, we would get at least 6 or 7 angry customers, saying things like:

and even the occasional

So, in short, we stopped requiring signature confirmation. People were just getting fed up and complaining non-stop. We always want the customer to be happy, and since we know that most of you work or have obligations outside the house, we do not require signature delivery. We know you want your parts to be there when you get home - after all, who wants to come home from a long day at work and THEN have to drive all the way to FedEx and sign for the package? A lot of people order online because they DON'T have time to run around town. We know this for a fact, since a lot of packages would come back after 3-4 days of sitting around the FedEx hub

Don't believe me? Ask around. A lot of customers even put in their orders comments "Please do not require signature confirmation, I won't be home" - so we do that.

The customer is always right, and we will look into maybe adding an option where you can choose whether or not a signature is required... Nonetheless, I honestly feel that we are not at fault here, since signature confirmation is not standard on any ground shipment. Furthermore, I feel we should address the real issue - perhaps it would have been safer to ship the box to your work address, instead of your home address?

I truly wish FedEx had paid out the claim, but unfortunately they cannot be held responsible for theft off of your door step.

Nonetheless, we want to make this right, and will be happy to give you a discount on your future order to help ease the pain!

Thanks for your inputs
JL

I agree totally with not having the signature and it should only be required if the customer ask for it. Sad to say it but it is no way Jlevi fault for this..Someone should of picked up the package, I always have things delivered to my parents house and it is always dropped off, thats why i give a heads up to whomever is home, so stuff like this does not happen to me....sorry for your loss..
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2008, 12:25 PM   #22
Minipuck V 2.0
秘書負責保持它真正
No_Country
Rep

I don't think the OP blames Jlevi, I think he just would have liked the option of having a trackable method of delivery in the future?
Appreciate 0