BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-12-2019, 03:05 PM   #1
Jch99
Private First Class
5
Rep
122
Posts

Drives: Bmw
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (0)

Wondering if this is a good deal or not Used 2019 X5 40

Looking to get into an X5. Was looking at new and then came across a used one from a private seller that will be relocating.

With new - I know I can get about 7-8% off sticker. Bmw loyalty credit, finance credit, bmw cca credit, and a driving event credit as well.


MSRP 75250 as seen on the sticker.

January delivery - so about 8 months old with 6000 miles
$62k sale price

What do you guys think?

Thanks for the input.
Attached Images
   

Last edited by Jch99; 09-14-2019 at 12:06 AM.. Reason: picture
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2019, 04:42 AM   #2
BMW1984
New Member
2
Rep
13
Posts

Drives: BMW x5
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Virginia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jch99 View Post
Looking to get into an X5. Was looking at new and then came across a used one from a private seller that will be relocating.

With new - I know I can get about 7-8% off sticker. Bmw loyalty credit, finance credit, bmw cca credit, and a driving event credit as well.


MSRP 75250 as seen on the sticker.

January delivery - so about 8 months old with 6000 miles
$62k sale price

What do you guys think?

Thanks for the input.
New 2019 X5s can be sold easily with 15% off MSRP + rebates and incentives. Since this is used, you have plenty of room to negotiate
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2019, 08:34 AM   #3
dan321
Lieutenant
United_States
165
Rep
506
Posts

Drives: 2020 X5 40i
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Central FL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jch99 View Post
January delivery - so about 8 months old with 6000 miles
$62k sale price

What do you guys think?

Thanks for the input.
I think the price is too high. I think the low 50's is closer to its private sale price. As a trade-in even less. I know it is low mileage and still covered by warranty but once a new car leaves the dealer's lot it gets hammered on price.

There isn't much difference between 2019 and 2020 models but there are a number of new iDrive features that don't seem to be appearing on the 2019 models even when they have the latest iDrive update. I don't think any would be a deal-breaker but they certainly would be good negotiation tools.

But if the car has exactly the features you would order in a new car then it might be worth a premium; otherwise I don't think so but that is probably just me.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2019, 11:19 PM   #4
Jch99
Private First Class
5
Rep
122
Posts

Drives: Bmw
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan321 View Post
I think the price is too high. I think the low 50's is closer to its private sale price. As a trade-in even less. I know it is low mileage and still covered by warranty but once a new car leaves the dealer's lot it gets hammered on price.

There isn't much difference between 2019 and 2020 models but there are a number of new iDrive features that don't seem to be appearing on the 2019 models even when they have the latest iDrive update. I don't think any would be a deal-breaker but they certainly would be good negotiation tools.

But if the car has exactly the features you would order in a new car then it might be worth a premium; otherwise I don't think so but that is probably just me.
Thanks for the input, came down to
$59,900 is the low they will take.
It almost has all the options that I would like but I think if I can get a new one for a few thousand more....it would be a better deal.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2019, 11:21 PM   #5
Jch99
Private First Class
5
Rep
122
Posts

Drives: Bmw
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW1984 View Post
New 2019 X5s can be sold easily with 15% off MSRP + rebates and incentives. Since this is used, you have plenty of room to negotiate

Thank you for the input. I agree. The low is 59,900 so I might as well just order one with every option and pay a few thousand more.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2019, 03:30 PM   #6
dan321
Lieutenant
United_States
165
Rep
506
Posts

Drives: 2020 X5 40i
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Central FL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jch99 View Post
Thanks for the input, came down to
$59,900 is the low they will take.
It almost has all the options that I would like but I think if I can get a new one for a few thousand more....it would be a better deal.
Good luck! I'm sure you will end up better off in the end.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2019, 11:48 AM   #7
0_steve
Private First Class
19
Rep
147
Posts

Drives: 17 540i/20 M50i
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Charlotte/Orlando

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW1984 View Post
New 2019 X5s can be sold easily with 15% off MSRP + rebates and incentives. Since this is used, you have plenty of room to negotiate
Do you have a dealership that is giving 15% off? I'm not seeing this and can do a PC delivery. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2019, 11:52 AM   #8
BMW1984
New Member
2
Rep
13
Posts

Drives: BMW x5
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Virginia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0_steve View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW1984 View Post
New 2019 X5s can be sold easily with 15% off MSRP + rebates and incentives. Since this is used, you have plenty of room to negotiate
Do you have a dealership that is giving 15% off? I'm not seeing this and can do a PC delivery. Thanks!
Check with PassportBMW; they are a volume dealer and can provide aggressive discounts on 2019 models
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:56 PM.




xbimmers
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST