BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-13-2019, 04:05 PM   #1
Gogators93
New Member
1
Rep
11
Posts

Drives: F-150 Platinum
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: FL

iTrader: (0)

Wealth of information and need some guidance on buying new X5

Hi Everyone. I love all the information here and am hoping for some guidance on the best way to proceed buying my wife a new X5. We have done a couple of test drives at our local dealer and they even worked me up a quote of an M package retail of $72K offering me a $2200 discount. I have read enough here to know that is no deal but in looking at all the deals I have seen you guys posting, it is a bit confusing. So here is a link to my build that I want to order and some questions about how to get the best deal.

https://www.bmwusa.com/build-your-ow...zlxgzy/summary

1. I want to buy and not lease. Does the % discount below MSRP I have seen posted different between the two? If so, what should I try to get on a purchase that I will order?

2. I live in Florida and noticed that discounts appear to differ in different parts of the country. What should I expect in North Florida?

3. I am thinking of checking out a couple of the auto buying services to see how they do. Which ones are good? I was thinking Carvana and I have access to USAA and Costco.

Thanks for any help and guidance you can offer to help me get the best deal. I'm sure I will have other questions that I have forgotten to ask.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2019, 07:18 AM   #2
dan321
Lieutenant
United_States
165
Rep
506
Posts

Drives: 2020 X5 40i
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Central FL

iTrader: (0)

Keep in mind that a dealer often makes more money on getting you to use BMW to finance your purchase than they do on the car itself. So if you are going to pay cash the discount you can expect will probably be less than if you finance with the dealer.

The discounts in FL vary over the state. You will find a different discount from the Ocala dealer than Tampa or Miami. You'll have to contact the dealers directly to really find out what they will do. 'X5s are popular so a particular dealer may not feel they need to offer a discount.

If you purchase the car from a distant dealer you MAY be able to get the car delivered (from the factory) to your local dealer. Some will do that.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2019, 08:33 AM   #3
poppop
Private
poppop's Avatar
United_States
40
Rep
90
Posts

Drives: 2020 X5 40i TBII
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Tampa/St.Pete

iTrader: (0)

I live in the Tampa area and will be contacting at least five dealers with my X5 build. I will be presenting a deal of 9.4% below MSRP, based on 16 deals I have been tracking on 2020 X5’s. The best Floida deal I have seen was 12.2% below MSRP from a dealer in Ft Lauderdale.
I agree with dan321, there are many factors that play into whether or not various dealers will play ball in your area, so be prepared to wait them out and possibly go out of state.
I tried COSTCO and other buying services and they don’t offer the discounts you can get by being aggressive on your own. Deal with the dealers via on line telling each you will sign a contract with the dealer who offers you the best deal.
Good luck.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2019, 11:55 AM   #4
mrjoed2
Lieutenant
mrjoed2's Avatar
129
Rep
594
Posts

Drives: '14 650 M Sport Edition
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Florida

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppop View Post
I live in the Tampa area and will be contacting at least five dealers with my X5 build. I will be presenting a deal of 9.4% below MSRP, based on 16 deals I have been tracking on 2020 X5’s. The best Floida deal I have seen was 12.2% below MSRP from a dealer in Ft Lauderdale.
I agree with dan321, there are many factors that play into whether or not various dealers will play ball in your area, so be prepared to wait them out and possibly go out of state.
I tried COSTCO and other buying services and they don’t offer the discounts you can get by being aggressive on your own. Deal with the dealers via on line telling each you will sign a contract with the dealer who offers you the best deal.
Good luck.
Hi,

I am in Gainesville, will be looking for best deal on a M50i. Dealer here gives lousy discounts. Bought my 650 from Braman in W. Palm Can you tell me what S. Florida dealer quoted you the 12% below MSRP? and which X5 did he quote?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2019, 04:29 PM   #5
champkindwhammy
ChampKind
champkindwhammy's Avatar
United_States
46
Rep
74
Posts

Drives: 2016 550iM
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Fort Lauderdale

iTrader: (0)

Lauderdale BMW gave me the discount he was speaking of. Custom build. PM me for info and I'll pass on. Easiest deal I've ever done.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2019, 02:18 PM   #6
mrjoed2
Lieutenant
mrjoed2's Avatar
129
Rep
594
Posts

Drives: '14 650 M Sport Edition
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Florida

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by champkindwhammy View Post
Lauderdale BMW gave me the discount he was speaking of. Custom build. PM me for info and I'll pass on. Easiest deal I've ever done.

Thanks much.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2019, 05:09 AM   #7
Carbonx5
New Member
20
Rep
23
Posts

Drives: S4
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Florida

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by champkindwhammy View Post
Lauderdale BMW gave me the discount he was speaking of. Custom build. PM me for info and I'll pass on. Easiest deal I've ever done.
I was looking into this as well, Live in Broward. Will reach out. Thank you.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2019, 07:52 PM   #8
Lgb0250
Private
27
Rep
59
Posts

Drives: 2014 F32 435i M Sport
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: NC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gogators93 View Post
Hi Everyone. I love all the information here and am hoping for some guidance on the best way to proceed buying my wife a new X5. We have done a couple of test drives at our local dealer and they even worked me up a quote of an M package retail of $72K offering me a $2200 discount. I have read enough here to know that is no deal but in looking at all the deals I have seen you guys posting, it is a bit confusing. So here is a link to my build that I want to order and some questions about how to get the best deal.

https://www.bmwusa.com/build-your-ow...zlxgzy/summary

1. I want to buy and not lease. Does the % discount below MSRP I have seen posted different between the two? If so, what should I try to get on a purchase that I will order?

2. I live in Florida and noticed that discounts appear to differ in different parts of the country. What should I expect in North Florida?

3. I am thinking of checking out a couple of the auto buying services to see how they do. Which ones are good? I was thinking Carvana and I have access to USAA and Costco.

Thanks for any help and guidance you can offer to help me get the best deal. I'm sure I will have other questions that I have forgotten to ask.
First of all Carvana, USAA and Costco are not true auto buying services. Carvana is basically like CarMax. Just another no haggle dealer. Costco specializes is referrals. USAA is another member referral program.

I bought my last new vehicle using a referral from Costco. What most people unfortunately believe is that whatever price you get from the Costco dealer is written in stone since they give it to you in writing. This is false info. You negotiate with them the same way you do with any other dealer. I negotiated an additional $2K off of the price on my Toyota “Costco Price” plus they waived the proverbial doc fee for Costco members.

USAA is basically the same as Costco in that they provide the referral and the price the dealer gives you is still negotiable downward from there. The kudo of using USAA is on select vehicles they provide a rebate over and above any dealer/manufacturer rebate that may be available. USAA car buying service will currently send you a rebate code that is good for $2000 on a new X5. It’s $4000 fora new Audi Q7. These are over and above any dealer incentives.
__________________
2014 F32 435i M-Sport
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2019, 08:24 PM   #9
TurtleBoy
Colonel
TurtleBoy's Avatar
1066
Rep
2,579
Posts

Drives: 2019 X5 40i
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Colorado

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lgb0250 View Post
F USAA car buying service will currently send you a rebate code that is good for $2000 on a new X5.
That $2k is only if you get non BMW financing or pay cash. If you lease or finance with BMW the incentive amount is $500.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:21 AM.




xbimmers
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST