E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast > Anyone tangled with a GTR?

08-26-2008, 05:56 PM   #1
Ricky Bobby
How much for the ape?
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E60

Anyone tangled with a GTR?

So I have been seeing the new GTRs showing up at our store and a couple on the roads here in Nash....what intrigues me is the number of races I am seeing online and their outcomes.

I am a regular on SVTperformance.com as I have owned many Mustangs and even an 03 Cobra with mods. There are a shit load of videos of the GTR getting taken out by a pullied 03 Cobra, losing a dig race by a car and then winning a roll race by a car. Dont get me wrong they are both powerful rides with all respect. Then another race might show a GTR nosing a C6 Z06.

Here is where my interest comes in....The GTR is point and shoot, all should agree. AWD with launch control is pretty hard to F up. I am curious to see 3 or 4 show up for a dyno day and see the spread in their power numbers. All the engines are hand built and I think they may be some real variance in their final performance. Maybe I am over thinking this but its an interesting arguement from what I am seeing. If i layed out 75K for a car that trapped 123MPH it better be within sight of that number if I take it to the track. I dont think some of them could go faster than 12.50's at 110 from what I am seeing....

BTW I dont condone street racing nor have I ever been involved in any
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2008, 06:13 PM   #2
pittyinSC
Drives Smart
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1968 Austin Mini Cooper 1380cc

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
As far as I have heard/read the GT-R's that were running the mid 12 runs at over 10mph less than the others were in between software changes because of the transmission
and stuff messing up. Those were pre-production cars. The production cars are or should
be an 11 second car with a 120mph trap speed.

There is a GT-R around town who got beat by an Evo and a Supra only
running 12psi of boost on a 60 something mm turbo. The GT-R was to have
said to not be running right and throwing a CEL, but I am not sure.

My friend has a GT-R and has not taken it to the track yet, but I think he will
be doing fairly soon, even though he is selling it in Dubai.

08 BMW ///M5 Space Gray/Black 6 speed
Engine: RPi GTS exhaust, RPi Scoops, Carbon Filter Delete
Exterior: Glossy Black Kidneys, LUX V3, OEM LED License Plate light, Bruce License Plate Adapter
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2008, 06:33 PM   #3
Ricky Bobby
How much for the ape?
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E60

hmmm i like the hell out of em, just curious about their consistancy in battle. I dare say the ZR1 will falter in this way and to me the GTR and the ZR1 are the 2 baddest animals you are likely to encounter regularly on the street.
Appreciate 0