BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-04-2020, 03:59 PM   #1
jpichardo91
New Member
3
Rep
29
Posts

Drives: 2020 BMW x5 M50i
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Bronxville, NY

iTrader: (0)

Paint Protection Film and Ceramic Coating Recommendations?

Anybody know or can recommend a good quality place that does PPF and Ceramic coating for a not so crazy price?

I am in NY but willing to travel up to 4 or 5 hours

I been quoted for a full Xpel wrap and ceramic coating $6,000 and $7,000 from 2 different places here in NYC.

It seems a little high to me and would like to see if any other places have better prices.

Thanks everyone and I will greatly appreciate any input anybody can provide.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2020, 08:33 PM   #2
VTENGR
Lieutenant Colonel
655
Rep
1,582
Posts

Drives: 2020 X5 M50i
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Atlanta

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpichardo91 View Post
Anybody know or can recommend a good quality place that does PPF and Ceramic coating for a not so crazy price?

I am in NY but willing to travel up to 4 or 5 hours

I been quoted for a full Xpel wrap and ceramic coating $6,000 and $7,000 from 2 different places here in NYC.

It seems a little high to me and would like to see if any other places have better prices.

Thanks everyone and I will greatly appreciate any input anybody can provide.
You're willing to drive 5 hrs for PPF and ceramic? You know you'll have to leave the car for at least 24 hours just to let the ceramic cure. For a full car PPF, that will take a full day just in itself. Seems extreme to go out that far.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2020, 11:50 PM   #3
jpichardo91
New Member
3
Rep
29
Posts

Drives: 2020 BMW x5 M50i
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Bronxville, NY

iTrader: (0)

I totally understand Vtengr , I can stay in a hotel and what not. I mean obviously it has to make financial sense. If for example, a place in boston does it for lets say 4,000 , I mean traveling 4 hrs up there and booking a hotel for one or 2 days should not equal $2,000 more dollars.

But I do get your point
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2020, 08:00 AM   #4
VTENGR
Lieutenant Colonel
655
Rep
1,582
Posts

Drives: 2020 X5 M50i
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Atlanta

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpichardo91 View Post
I totally understand Vtengr , I can stay in a hotel and what not. I mean obviously it has to make financial sense. If for example, a place in boston does it for lets say 4,000 , I mean traveling 4 hrs up there and booking a hotel for one or 2 days should not equal $2,000 more dollars.

But I do get your point
Yeah... Get that.

In ATL full front xpel will run between 1500 and 2000. So I would imagine the full car to be almost twice that. Add another 1000 for ceramic coating and adjusting for NYC cost of living, your 6000 quote doesn't seem too far off the mark.

Good luck with your search. I would go to Xpels website and search for authorized installers. Then Google and Yelp are your best friends.
Appreciate 1
      03-05-2020, 08:35 AM   #5
bodybybalco86
Enlisted Member
24
Rep
31
Posts

Drives: 2014 328i xdrive
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Massachusetts

iTrader: (0)

I got mine done right outside of Boston, full front xpel (bumper, hood, fender, mirrors, headlights) for $2000, and opti-coat pro+ for $1600

Don't have a quote for full xpel ppf for you.
Appreciate 1
      03-05-2020, 11:08 AM   #6
jpichardo91
New Member
3
Rep
29
Posts

Drives: 2020 BMW x5 M50i
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Bronxville, NY

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodybybalco86 View Post
I got mine done right outside of Boston, full front xpel (bumper, hood, fender, mirrors, headlights) for $2000, and opti-coat pro+ for $1600

Don't have a quote for full xpel ppf for you.
Thanks - I might go that route instead of the full PPF.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2020, 11:09 AM   #7
jpichardo91
New Member
3
Rep
29
Posts

Drives: 2020 BMW x5 M50i
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Bronxville, NY

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTENGR View Post
Yeah... Get that.

In ATL full front xpel will run between 1500 and 2000. So I would imagine the full car to be almost twice that. Add another 1000 for ceramic coating and adjusting for NYC cost of living, your 6000 quote doesn't seem too far off the mark.

Good luck with your search. I would go to Xpels website and search for authorized installers. Then Google and Yelp are your best friends.
Vtengr, thanks for all your help.
Im actually starting to look on google and checking the reviews like you said.

Im also calling places for a quote.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2020, 07:07 PM   #8
tellch00
Private First Class
50
Rep
189
Posts

Drives: TDI Touareg, 997 Turbo
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Long Island

iTrader: (0)

Easy - Detailing Dynamics in Mineola. not associated but a long time customer. they're work is impeccable. My new X5 is going in in 2 weeks. Check out their website or stop and pay them a visit. you will see cars that you can't believe that come from all over.

I've seen everything from F40's, Koenigsegg's, Mclaren's, Buggati's, vintage and rare super cars galore.
Appreciate 1
      03-06-2020, 11:52 AM   #9
ted920
Second Lieutenant
69
Rep
236
Posts

Drives: 2019 BMW X5 40i, Lexus GS 300
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: CT

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpichardo91 View Post
Anybody know or can recommend a good quality place that does PPF and Ceramic coating for a not so crazy price?

I am in NY but willing to travel up to 4 or 5 hours

I been quoted for a full Xpel wrap and ceramic coating $6,000 and $7,000 from 2 different places here in NYC.

It seems a little high to me and would like to see if any other places have better prices.

Thanks everyone and I will greatly appreciate any input anybody can provide.
I have had full EXPEL PPF done on my X% and also go the XPEL ceramic coating. My guy is in Danbury and I can see what he can do for you. Danbury is not that far from you in NY.
Contact me direct and I can see what he can do. I got my full car done for well under 6.
Appreciate 1
      03-06-2020, 01:43 PM   #10
jpichardo91
New Member
3
Rep
29
Posts

Drives: 2020 BMW x5 M50i
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Bronxville, NY

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tellch00 View Post
Easy - Detailing Dynamics in Mineola. not associated but a long time customer. they're work is impeccable. My new X5 is going in in 2 weeks. Check out their website or stop and pay them a visit. you will see cars that you can't believe that come from all over.

I've seen everything from F40's, Koenigsegg's, Mclaren's, Buggati's, vintage and rare super cars galore.
Thanks Tellch00, I will check them out and get a quote from them.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2020, 01:44 PM   #11
jpichardo91
New Member
3
Rep
29
Posts

Drives: 2020 BMW x5 M50i
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Bronxville, NY

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ted920 View Post
I have had full EXPEL PPF done on my X% and also go the XPEL ceramic coating. My guy is in Danbury and I can see what he can do for you. Danbury is not that far from you in NY.
Contact me direct and I can see what he can do. I got my full car done for well under 6.
I private messaged you Ted920.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:35 AM.




xbimmers
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST