F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > F30/F32/F33 Classifieds (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor and Seller Review/Feedback Forum > Autotecknic
Studio RSR

07-10-2020, 06:26 PM   #1
328iX
David
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 328iX F31

I purchased some Alpine white M Inspired mirror caps from Autotecknic back on 05/22. One week passed after the purchase and the money I paid for the caps ($235) still wasn't taken out of my account.

I called and asked where shipping info or status on the order was, they said they're coming from China and there's an ETA of 4-6 weeks. I asked why they didn't specify on their website they're made to order? Out of stock? Unavailable? they said they will update their website. (Which they never did).

The next day, they took the $235 out of my account. I emailed them 5 weeks later asking for a status update, they said there's still no ETA. I get a call back a few minutes later saying they could just take a black mirror cap and paint it white for me, I said ok sure so long as it comes out just as good.

I finally receive my package 07/01 and no surprise each corner has paint missing, and there's a scratch in the paint. (Keep in mind the reason I upgraded is because I had a rock chip in my own cap).

I call them the same day 07/01, and they say to email them picture proof. I do so. 10 days go by and no response. Today 07/10 they say just "send them back for a refund".

Cool, I wasted 5 weeks of my time with super lousy customer support. I sent them back and put on my stock caps.
Appreciate 1
davidr3447.50
      07-12-2020, 04:45 PM   #2
davidr3
Captain
Rep
Drives: 335i

Shit company, not impressed with them or ECS tuning. Ordered paint matched MG reflectors from them a month ago and they claimed on their site it was in stock. Now ECS is waiting for autotechnic to ship them over so ECS can ship them out to me... Won't even be projected to ship until July 23. Will be the first & last time, I should of gone with IND for the reflectors :/ lesson learned.
Appreciate 1
328iX782.50
      07-12-2020, 04:47 PM   #3
328iX
David
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidr3 View Post
Shit company, not impressed with them or ECS tuning. Ordered paint matched MG reflectors from them a month ago and they claimed on their site it was in stock. Now ECS is waiting for autotechnic to ship them over so ECS can ship them out to me... Won't even be projected to ship until July 23. Will be the first & last time, I should of gone with IND for the reflectors :/ lesson learned.
ECS doesn't even know when products will be there as well, it's just a wild guess and if you pay attention to their website the estimate date goes up each day until they receive the item.

The dates literally mean nothing to either company.
Appreciate 1
davidr3447.50
      07-12-2020, 05:01 PM   #4
davidr3
Captain
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 328iX View Post
ECS doesn't even know when products will be there as well, it's just a wild guess and if you pay attention to their website the estimate date goes up each day until they receive the item.

I understand, just felt a little screwed when they initially said it would ship next day as if they had some in stock. Once ordered it went up to July 23rd. But yeah autotechnic is the root of the issue, shit company probably just reselling shit from china.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2020, 05:11 PM   #5
328iX
David
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidr3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 328iX View Post

I understand, just felt a little screwed when they initially said it would ship next day as if they had some in stock. Once ordered it went up to July 23rd. But yeah autotechnic is the root of the issue, shit company probably just reselling shit from china.
Oh yeah they definitely are. Straight up told me their waiting on their China shipment. They could really care less once they got your money, they figure you won't go through the trouble of cancelling.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2020, 06:14 PM   #6
f32ftw
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 435 xdrive

I bought carbon fiber mirror caps from autotecknic and the carbon fiber weave pattern started warping after a few months. I asked for a replacement and they refused. I figure all they do is rebrand and markup carbon fiber parts that are made in china. They really don't care about their customers, I will never buy another product from them.
Appreciate 1
328iX782.50
      08-26-2020, 09:32 PM   #7
s55jesus
M Enthusiast
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 ZCP

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by f32ftw View Post
I bought carbon fiber mirror caps from autotecknic and the carbon fiber weave pattern started warping after a few months. I asked for a replacement and they refused. I figure all they do is rebrand and markup carbon fiber parts that are made in china. They really don't care about their customers, I will never buy another product from them.
I'm pretty sure they just resell things sold on AliExpress. I bought the carbon paddle shifters from them and am not impressed at the quality for almost 400 bucks.
2015 F82 M4 (SOLD)
Appreciate 0