BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-17-2020, 07:06 PM   #1
IND-Distribution
BMW obsessed
IND-Distribution's Avatar
United_States
9516
Rep
10,827
Posts

Drives: G80 M3 / G82 M4
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Chicago

iTrader: (3)

IND | F95 X5M Painted Front Reflector Set Install Guide



Tools Required:
  • Floor Jack and 17mm Socket
  • 8mm socket
  • Pry Tool
  • OEM plastic rivets (4x) – 51 77 7 171 004
  • Rivet Gun
Difficulty (1-5): 1



STEP 1: Loosen Lug Bolts

STEP 2: Jack up car and place jackstand

STEP 3: Remove Lug Bolts and wheel



STEP 4: Pull fender arch flare out and up from front bottom edge



STEP 5: Continue to pull out the front half of the fender arch



STEP 6: Remove 12x 8mm bolts holding the front fender liner in as well as 2x 8mm bolts attaching the brake duct to the liner. (Passenger side has 1 LESS 8mm bolt holding the liner in)

















STEP 7: Remove the front fender liner





STEP 8: Pry off the 2 plastic rivets holding on the lower bumper bracket. The top rivet may be more easily accessed from the back





STEP 9: Remove the bracket by pressing in the tabs clipped into the bumper cover





STEP 10: Remove 3x 8mm bolts holding on the upper bumper bracket and unclip the bracket from the fender





STEP 11: Separate the corner of the bumper cover and the inner brackets to expose the back of the reflector





STEP 12: Use a heat gun to soften the adhesive, be sure to keep it moving to avoid burning the paint



STEP 13: Starting at the bottom, use your thumbs to press in the reflector until it separates from the bumper cover. Use spreading tool to help separate the adhesive





STEP 14: Once removed, be sure to remove any adhesive from the inside of the bumper cover that didn't come off with the reflector



STEP 15: Peel the tape to expose the adhesive on the painted reflector and reinstall



STEP 16: Press all around the reflector from behind to secure the adhesive







STEP 17: Installation is the reverse of removal. When reinstalling the lower bracket, use 2 new plastic rivets and a rivet gun









__________________
IND DISTRIBUTION | 866-963-4520 • INSTAGRAM • YOUTUBE • FACEBOOK • FLICKR

Last edited by IND-Distribution; 12-22-2021 at 11:54 AM..
Appreciate 4
Simple1133.50
BMW003E788.50
      10-20-2021, 02:58 PM   #2
halfbent
Peanut Butter Jelly Time
India
21
Rep
199
Posts

Drives: 2014 Audi R8
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Northern Virginia

iTrader: (0)

What if you don't have a rivet gun?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IND-Distribution View Post


Tools Required:
  • Floor Jack and 17mm Socket
  • 8mm socket
  • Pry Tool
  • OEM plastic rivets (4x) – 51 77 7 171 004
  • Rivet Gun
Difficulty (1-5): 1

STEP 1: Loosen Lug Bolts

STEP 2: Jack up car and place jackstand

STEP 3: Remove Lug Bolts and wheel



STEP 4: Pull fender arch flare out and up from front bottom edge



STEP 5: Continue to pull out the front half of the fender arch



STEP 6: Remove 12x 8mm bolts holding the front fender liner in as well as 2x 8mm bolts attaching the brake duct to the liner. (Passenger side has 1 LESS 8mm bolt holding the liner in)

















STEP 7: Remove the front fender liner





STEP 8: Pry off the 2 plastic rivets holding on the lower bumper bracket. The top rivet may be more easily accessed from the back





STEP 9: Remove the bracket by pressing in the tabs clipped into the bumper cover





STEP 10: Remove 3x 8mm bolts holding on the upper bumper bracket and unclip the bracket from the fender





STEP 11: Separate the corner of the bumper cover and the inner brackets to expose the back of the reflector





STEP 12: Use a heat gun to soften the adhesive, be sure to keep it moving to avoid burning the paint



STEP 13: Starting at the bottom, use your thumbs to press in the reflector until it separates from the bumper cover. Use spreading tool to help separate the adhesive





STEP 14: Once removed, be sure to remove any adhesive from the inside of the bumper cover that didn't come off with the reflector



STEP 15: Peel the tape to expose the adhesive on the painted reflector and reinstall



STEP 16: Press all around the reflector from behind to secure the adhesive







STEP 17: Installation is the reverse of removal. When reinstalling the lower bracket, use 2 new plastic rivets and a rivet gun









Appreciate 0
      10-20-2021, 03:27 PM   #3
IND-Distribution
BMW obsessed
IND-Distribution's Avatar
United_States
9516
Rep
10,827
Posts

Drives: G80 M3 / G82 M4
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Chicago

iTrader: (3)

We sell the rivet gun and pry tool kit to complete this installation if you do not have your own.
__________________
IND DISTRIBUTION | 866-963-4520 • INSTAGRAM • YOUTUBE • FACEBOOK • FLICKR
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2021, 11:04 PM   #4
Roch M4
I /// M FAN
Canada
422
Rep
425
Posts

Drives: M4 SS/SO 2016 / X5M C 2023
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Montreal

iTrader: (0)

As my G05 is black, I will just add a black film over the reflectors, thank you for this procedure, but it's quit long and removing the plastic around the fenders is not that easy as you can easily damage them
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2021, 12:07 PM   #5
Burnt C6
First Lieutenant
Burnt C6's Avatar
255
Rep
317
Posts

Drives: 2024 X3 M40i
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Katy Texas

iTrader: (0)

I've been looking for these for my 2020 X6 but can not find them. any one got a line to where I can buy them painted?

I found them on your web site & Ordered.

Thanks
__________________
2024 X3 M40i. wife says no Mods since it's aLease.. I see a JB4 tune in the near future.
2014 328i Melbourne Red Sport Line Dinan Dinantronics tune,
Dinan Exhaust, Dinan Suspension, H&R Sway bars, 18x9 APEX PS-7 ,AFE CAI, BMW M Performance Brakes Retired

Last edited by Burnt C6; 10-25-2021 at 12:17 PM..
Appreciate 1
      10-25-2021, 12:28 PM   #6
IND-Distribution
BMW obsessed
IND-Distribution's Avatar
United_States
9516
Rep
10,827
Posts

Drives: G80 M3 / G82 M4
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Chicago

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnt C6 View Post
I've been looking for these for my 2020 X6 but can not find them. any one got a line to where I can buy them painted?

I found them on your web site & Ordered.

Thanks
X6/X6M do require a different core reflector and can be found at the link below for easy access to our website. Installation process shown in the guide is similar though!

https://ind-distribution.com/product...2ceb2cd5&_ss=r
__________________
IND DISTRIBUTION | 866-963-4520 • INSTAGRAM • YOUTUBE • FACEBOOK • FLICKR
Appreciate 1
Burnt C6254.50
      10-25-2021, 12:33 PM   #7
Burnt C6
First Lieutenant
Burnt C6's Avatar
255
Rep
317
Posts

Drives: 2024 X3 M40i
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Katy Texas

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IND-Distribution View Post
X6/X6M do require a different core reflector and can be found at the link below for easy access to our website. Installation process shown in the guide is similar though!

https://ind-distribution.com/product...2ceb2cd5&_ss=r
that's the ones I picked up. You guys looking into front lips and rear diffusers for the G06. I can't seem to find anything. Well there is that Russian company but their prices are way over the top.
__________________
2024 X3 M40i. wife says no Mods since it's aLease.. I see a JB4 tune in the near future.
2014 328i Melbourne Red Sport Line Dinan Dinantronics tune,
Dinan Exhaust, Dinan Suspension, H&R Sway bars, 18x9 APEX PS-7 ,AFE CAI, BMW M Performance Brakes Retired
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2021, 12:45 PM   #8
IND-Distribution
BMW obsessed
IND-Distribution's Avatar
United_States
9516
Rep
10,827
Posts

Drives: G80 M3 / G82 M4
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Chicago

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnt C6 View Post
that's the ones I picked up. You guys looking into front lips and rear diffusers for the G06. I can't seem to find anything. Well there is that Russian company but their prices are way over the top.
We are not producing anything in house, and we are not currently aware of anything to market for the G06.

BMW isn't producing any M Performance parts for the G06 at this time either.
__________________
IND DISTRIBUTION | 866-963-4520 • INSTAGRAM • YOUTUBE • FACEBOOK • FLICKR
Appreciate 1
Burnt C6254.50
      10-25-2021, 07:43 PM   #9
Roch M4
I /// M FAN
Canada
422
Rep
425
Posts

Drives: M4 SS/SO 2016 / X5M C 2023
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Montreal

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roch M4 View Post
As my G05 is black, I will just add a black film over the reflectors, thank you for this procedure, but it's quit long and removing the plastic around the fenders is not that easy as you can easily damage them
https://g05.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1869476

5$ Reflector delete
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2021, 04:57 PM   #10
Burnt C6
First Lieutenant
Burnt C6's Avatar
255
Rep
317
Posts

Drives: 2024 X3 M40i
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Katy Texas

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IND-Distribution View Post
X6/X6M do require a different core reflector and can be found at the link below for easy access to our website. Installation process shown in the guide is similar though!

https://ind-distribution.com/product...2ceb2cd5&_ss=r
front ones came in today, look good. I now have enough bubble wrap to protect a small TV. LOL

great job on your guys packaging and shipping.
__________________
2024 X3 M40i. wife says no Mods since it's aLease.. I see a JB4 tune in the near future.
2014 328i Melbourne Red Sport Line Dinan Dinantronics tune,
Dinan Exhaust, Dinan Suspension, H&R Sway bars, 18x9 APEX PS-7 ,AFE CAI, BMW M Performance Brakes Retired
Appreciate 1
      11-04-2021, 08:26 PM   #11
JimVR4
Captain
JimVR4's Avatar
United_States
333
Rep
839
Posts

Drives: 21 X5 M50i M-Sport
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: San Jose, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roch M4 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roch M4 View Post
As my G05 is black, I will just add a black film over the reflectors, thank you for this procedure, but it's quit long and removing the plastic around the fenders is not that easy as you can easily damage them
https://g05.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1869476

5$ Reflector delete
You do realize you're posting in a vendor thread! Probably should delete from here.
__________________
2021 G05 X5 ///M50i / Phytonic Blue / Cognac Vernasca
iStep 03/2023.50
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2021, 09:57 PM   #12
Roch M4
I /// M FAN
Canada
422
Rep
425
Posts

Drives: M4 SS/SO 2016 / X5M C 2023
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Montreal

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimVR4 View Post
You do realize you're posting in a vendor thread! Probably should delete from here.
You do realize that we are all adults here, able to decide what is best for them or no...they can choose for a simple mod or a complicated one

Last edited by Roch M4; 11-04-2021 at 09:58 PM.. Reason: Typo
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2022, 09:51 PM   #13
TexanDiesel
Private
22
Rep
57
Posts

Drives: X5M Competition
Join Date: May 2022
Location: Earth

iTrader: (0)

Is there any easier way to do this? I bought these without looking at the install videos thinking it’d be simple but I don’t have half the tools and am definitely going to f**k this up.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:27 PM.




xbimmers
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST