BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

08-20-2020, 01:15 AM   #1
RexDong
China
Rep
Drives: BMW G20

Automatically change lanes following the navigation route

[IMG]https://thumbnail0.baidupcs.com/thum...-&ft=video[/IMG]

Does anyone know how to code automatically change lanes following the navigation to get on and off the ramp?
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2020, 01:33 AM   #2
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Tesla MY LR AWD

I do but I'm not sharing the code yet. It's a bit buggy for one.

It doesn't auto change lanes, it jiggles the wheel and displays a message in console and HUD to change lanes using the auto LCA. You still have to indicate.

I can see that they will introduce the capability for the car to auto move off itself, but it's not there yet.
Appreciate 1
volodp198.00
      08-20-2020, 02:03 AM   #3
RexDong
China
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifr View Post
I do but I'm not sharing the code yet. It's a bit buggy for one.

It doesn't auto change lanes, it jiggles the wheel and displays a message in console and HUD to change lanes using the auto LCA. You still have to indicate.

I can see that they will introduce the capability for the car to auto move off itself, but it's not there yet.
Yes, it still needs manual confirmation. I found the code in BDC and MGU, but I don't know which one is in SAS2
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2020, 02:08 AM   #4
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

The NAV keeps track of all routes taken, and sometimes adjusts its preferred route based on the drivers preferences.

The exit assistant uses that information, incorrectly, to sometimes try and get you off the highway. So if you sometimes come off a specific junction but not always, and the NAV is routing you past that junction without exiting, the exit assistant will still try and slow you down and get you off the highway. Not a good experience.
Appreciate 1
volodp198.00
      08-20-2020, 02:22 AM   #5
RexDong
China
Rep

Quote:
The NAV keeps track of all routes taken, and sometimes adjusts its preferred route based on the drivers preferences.

The exit assistant uses that information, incorrectly, to sometimes try and get you off the highway. So if you sometimes come off a specific junction but not always, and the NAV is routing you past that junction without exiting, the exit assistant will still try and slow you down and get you off the highway. Not a good experience.
Yes, my car will automatically slow down at the exit, but there is no prompt from the exit assistant.

It was indeed an unpleasant experience before smarter navigation
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2020, 05:55 AM   #6
RexDong
China
Rep

Quote:

Could you tell me which one to choose in SAS?Thank you very much.
CCM_1SW OR CCM_QV_1SW?
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2020, 01:32 AM   #7
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RexDong View Post
Yes, my car will automatically slow down at the exit, but there is no prompt from the exit assistant.

No you misunderstand me - it is an unpleasant experience WITH the exit assistant coding. It has bugs.

I have no idea why you are on SAS2. i-step 07/2020.x uplifts the SAS to SAS3 on the G05 at least, and this is a G05 forum. If you have not even upgraded your car to i-step 07/2020 then I suggest you develop a lot more skills and experience before even looking at coding new features like these.

The codes you posted are either trimmed or not relevant to the G05. More likely the former.

As I stated, I am not providing any coding on any of these new 07/2020 assisted driving features.
Appreciate 1
volodp198.00
      08-21-2020, 03:29 AM   #8
RexDong
China
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

No you misunderstand me - it is an unpleasant experience WITH the exit assistant coding. It has bugs.

I have no idea why you are on SAS2. i-step 07/2020.x uplifts the SAS to SAS3 on the G05 at least, and this is a G05 forum. If you have not even upgraded your car to i-step 07/2020 then I suggest you develop a lot more skills and experience before even looking at coding new features like these.

The codes you posted are either trimmed or not relevant to the G05. More likely the former.

As I stated, I am not providing any coding on any of these new 07/2020 assisted driving features.
Hi,ifr
Well, the i-step of my car is 03/2020, I just can't wait to want some new features, but it doesn't seem to work, I'll wait for BMW to release it. I very much agree with your rigor. I hope you can share with us when the time is right.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2020, 04:04 AM   #9
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Hi,ifr
Well, the i-step of my car is 03/2020, I just can't wait to want some new features, but it doesn't seem to work, I'll wait for BMW to release it. I very much agree with your rigor. I hope you can share with us when the time is right.
Yes you will need 07/2020 at the very least.

You are missing nothing in its current format, at least on the G05. It's at best irritating, at worst dangerous as it suddenly slows the car to try and take you on a journey you may have taken days before, and not the one the car is currently following!
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2020, 04:40 AM   #10
RexDong
China
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Hi,ifr
Yes you will need 07/2020 at the very least.

You are missing nothing in its current format, at least on the G05. It's at best irritating, at worst dangerous as it suddenly slows the car to try and take you on a journey you may have taken days before, and not the one the car is currently following!
I will upgrade to 07/2020 and try again,But such an unexpected slowdown seems too dangerous, Hope BMW can fix it before the official function is launched
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2020, 04:42 AM   #11
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
I will upgrade to 07/2020 and try again,But such an unexpected slowdown seems too dangerous, Hope BMW can fix it before the official function is launched
Yes, when it works its good, and you can see where they are going with it.

It's just not ready yet.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2020, 07:05 AM   #12
RexDong
China
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Yes, when it works its good, and you can see where they are going with it.

It's just not ready yet.
Looking forward to the arrival of new features
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2020, 04:09 AM   #13
Zethii
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 G05

I have the function exit coded for a long time already. ACC speed is following navigation perfectly and is not buggy. Either you follow navigation and the car adapts the speed accordingly, or in case you decide to continue on the highway, you simply override by accelerator. It just a matter of getting used to it.

New with software 07/2020.xx is the indication in the instruments to pull over, the little jerk of the steering wheel and the connection with SWA... Working quite nice as well...
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2020, 10:57 AM   #14
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zethii View Post

New with software 07/2020.xx is the indication in the instruments to pull over, the little jerk of the steering wheel and the connection with SWA... Working quite nice as well...
This is the topic of discussion - the 07/2020.x feature.

While it works, it doesnt work well for me in the UK.

It is buggy in that it tries to exit the vehicle on routes that have been taken on previous occasions and not the route the nav is currently following. Not a good experience when you are sat in the outside lane expecting to take an exit 10 miles away, and the car starts to decelerate and jiggles the wheel to move off with auto lane change.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2020, 05:42 PM   #15
Zethii
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 G05

Ok. Understood. Didn't experience that yet.... I'll be reporting.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2020, 12:42 AM   #16
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zethii View Post
Ok. Understood. Didn't experience that yet.... I'll be reporting.
Thanks.

Another example is if there are multiple routes and exits it could take to get to the same destination.

If I choose an alternative route in nav during the drive and it changes the navigation to come off at a later exit, it still tries to take me off at the earlier exit even though the nav is following a different route.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2020, 08:00 AM   #17
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Hi,Zethii
How can I code it?
if you followed my codes and it doesnt work in China, then you can't?

I gave you all the coding you need. Dont you believe me?
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2020, 08:25 AM   #18
RexDong
China
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Hi,Zethii
How can I code it?
if you followed my codes and it doesnt work in China, then you can't?

I gave you all the coding you need. Dont you believe me?
Oh, I didn't read the code behind, it's great, I'll test it, thank you so much,ifr
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2020, 09:07 AM   #19
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Oh, I didn't read the code behind, it's great, I'll test it, thank you so much,ifr
It's in the 3rd worksheet (ALL MY21).

Working fine for me, apart from a few bugs but nothing coding related.

Just a little too eager to take me off motorway exits....
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2020, 09:18 AM   #20
RexDong
China
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
It's in the 3rd worksheet (ALL MY21).

Working fine for me, apart from a few bugs but nothing coding related.

Just a little too eager to take me off motorway exits....
I'm so excited, I'm going to test it. Just now Weilai (an electric car brand in China) released its pilot assist similar to Tesla's NOA. I don't know how BMW performs this function.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2020, 09:37 AM   #21
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
I'm so excited, I'm going to test it. Just now Weilai (an electric car brand in China) released its pilot assist similar to Tesla's NOA. I don't know how BMW performs this function.
It's not that great. It prompts for lane changes but you still need to complete the change yourself by pressing the indicator stalk. Think tesla is the same as well though.

If you do it wrong it says exit manually.

You need navigation running on a highway
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2020, 09:46 AM   #22
RexDong
China
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
It's not that great. It prompts for lane changes but you still need to complete the change yourself by pressing the indicator stalk. Think tesla is the same as well though.

If you do it wrong it says exit manually.

You need navigation running on a highway
I watched NIO's test, it can manually confirm or change lanes automatically, and can go up and down the ramp. Its hardware is the same as BMW.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0