BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

08-31-2020, 02:36 PM   #1
lair12
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 X3 35i, 2016 X1, 2020 X3

Tracking production?

Any idea on the time from when my BMW X6 tracking shows "production begins" (where it has been for three days) and the next step of "exterior body assembly begins"?
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2020, 10:50 PM   #2
Osheatwo
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 Comp Xdrive

Garage List
2021 BMW X5 M50i  [10.00]
2023 BMW 330E  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lair12 View Post
Any idea on the time from when my BMW X6 tracking shows "production begins" (where it has been for three days) and the next step of "exterior body assembly begins"?
IT really depends on your build date. Until you have a build date, it will stay in schedule for production until a few days before build date. For reference: below was my timeline for G5 we order in August.

Placed order: Aug1
Order Accepted: Aug 5
Scheduled for production: Aug 14
Assigned build date Aug 28
Entered Assembly: Aug 26
Quality Check: Aug 27
Awaiting Carrier: Aug 28.

Since we are doing PDC we are scheduled for September 25. Interesting thing was they actually scheduled/confirmed our PDC date on Aug 11 which was before the car was scheduled for production.

Hope this helps
Appreciate 1
Noneya251.50
      08-31-2020, 11:53 PM   #3
Auricom
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 xDrive40i M Sport

Tracking isn't in real time. It can sit in production begins for days then skip multiple stages.

Production overall doesn't take very long - 2 days at the most. If you've requested PCD delivery, it can add 2 weeks to your delivery due to delivery availability. They can deliver up to 14-16 in a day but prefer around 8 - allowing the Genius to spend enough time for them to walkthrough the vehicle features, settings and setup.

Appreciate 0
      10-27-2020, 12:51 PM   #4
Portocale
Private First Class
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auricom View Post
Tracking isn't in real time. It can sit in production begins for days then skip multiple stages.

Production overall doesn't take very long - 2 days at the most. If you've requested PCD delivery, it can add 2 weeks to your delivery due to delivery availability. They can deliver up to 14-16 in a day but prefer around 8 - allowing the Genius to spend enough time for them to walkthrough the vehicle features, settings and setup.
Please tell me : F1 production date means production started (I presume so, because the chassis was assigned yesterday) and F2 means that car is completed? F2 is not yet visible.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2020, 12:59 PM   #5
Caramel
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: blue car, grey car, white bike

Not sure about F1, but F2 date (which is different from production completion date) is when the car has finished all plant-side quality assurance processes and thus is ready for shipping / transportation.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2020, 03:33 AM   #6
Portocale
Private First Class
Netherlands
Rep

BMW production status

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caramel View Post
Not sure about F1, but F2 date (which is different from production completion date) is when the car has finished all plant-side quality assurance processes and thus is ready for shipping / transportation.
I found this, it explains the process :

000 Order is canceled [Order deleted by NA]
017 Order registered without quota - dummy model (master data not released); not confirmed and not scheduled [Order not specified]
027 Order registered without quota - outside the ordering time window; not confirmed and not scheduled
037 Order registered without quota - technical approval is missing; not confirmed and not scheduled [Order at BMW NA][Model or feature unavailable]
047 Order registered without quota - no quota in the entire planning period; not confirmed and not scheduled [Order bank request entered]
057 Order booked with quota - technical approval is missing; not yet confirmed and not scheduled [Spec. not released - available quota]
087 Order booked with quota - sales release is missing (e.g. for large customers); not yet confirmed and not scheduled [Order not released for production]
097 Order booked with quota - transfer to the central system is not carried out online; not yet confirmed and not scheduled [Transmission to AG - confirmation pending]
102 Order booked with quota - transferred to the central system; Special request not yet confirmed and not scheduled [Special request order received - AG]
105 Order booked with quota - transferred to the central system; not yet confirmed due to capacity limits and not scheduled [No production week available]
111 Order booked with quota - transferred to the central system; capacity checked production date is confirmed [Order Received]
112 Order for daily package planning (production) provided [Scheduled for Production]
150 Planning of bodyshell / display of chassis number and F2 date [Production begins/Production started] [Shell = "Body in White"]
151 Receipt of shell / review and, if necessary, correction of F2 date [Exterior body assembly begins/Entry body shop-serial # assign]
152 Receipt of paint shop / review and, if necessary, correction of F2 appointment [In the paint booth/Entry paint shop]
153 Receipt of assembly / review and, if necessary, correction of F2 appointment [Entering Assembly Line/Entry assembly]
154 Final assembly / inspection and, if necessary, correction of the F2 date [Assembly in progress/Assembly]
155 End of assembly (F1) and final inspection / review and, if necessary, correction of F2 date [Quality Check, Production completed, Final Assembly/Assembly finish-quality check]
160 Vehicle handover from the factory to sales / determination of F2 date (actual) / initiation of invoice and registration document creation transit [Released to Distribution, Ready For Transport/Vehicle handover to sales]
165 Factory exit and transit [In transit - Plant of Manufacture to Port of Departure]
168 BMW Group factory warehouse [AG Stock]
170 Vehicle intended for workshop cycle (BMW Welt car pick-up / retrofitting / direct sales + vehicle fleet/waiting for workshop)[Vehicle planned for workshop]
172 Vehicle scheduled for workshop run (Workshop planned)
174 Vehicle in the workshop run (Workshop entry)
176 Exit workshop - vehicle is ready (Workshop Complete)
180 Waiting For Export Dispatch [Vehicle awaiting release of consign.]
181 Handover to shipping (at foreign plant: port of destination) / vehicle is in the central brokerage warehouse) [Handover to Distribution/Dispatched from factory, Waiting for Domestic Dispatch]
182 Handover to freight forwarder - vehicle is loaded (Schedule for Carrier) [Handover to Carrier/Load Assignment]
190 Vehicle has left the factory (at the foreign plant: transshipment warehouse) / exit from the central brokerage center (In transit to port of exit) [Dispatched from AG]
191 Goods receipt BMW Group (retrieval of an already delivered vehicle with corresponding invoice credit, returned to BMW AG)[Returned to AG]
193 Entrance to the forwarding warehouse (car) [Arrived at Port of exit]
194 Selected for Shipment
195 Exit warehouse (car) (Shipped from Port of Exit) [In transit]
196 Shipment Arrival
198 Entrance to the dealer warehouse [At the Dealership]
199 Delivery to BMW Welt for self-collectors / direct sales / fleet entrance [Handover to Customer in Munich]
295 Approval of demonstration and fleet vehicles (note the bonus-relevant registration deadlines)
298 Registration or delivery notification by retailers to end customers (note the relevant registration deadlines)
Appreciate 1
      10-28-2020, 07:49 PM   #7
jad03060
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 45e

Only BMW and their dealer know how long it will be between scheduled and actually being built, but the dealer or BMW, once you have a production number (usually within a few days of placing the order) will know when it will actually be built.

You could book a cruise for next summer...it would just be 'scheduled'...has no accurate indication of the date it will happen. Bug your dealer if you want more information. He has it, and should be willing to share it with you. If not, with the production number in hand, BMW corporate can advise you.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2020, 04:45 AM   #8
Portocale
Private First Class
Netherlands
Rep

Schedule/built

Quote:
Originally Posted by jad03060 View Post
Only BMW and their dealer know how long it will be between scheduled and actually being built, but the dealer or BMW, once you have a production number (usually within a few days of placing the order) will know when it will actually be built.

You could book a cruise for next summer...it would just be 'scheduled'...has no accurate indication of the date it will happen. Bug your dealer if you want more information. He has it, and should be willing to share it with you. If not, with the production number in hand, BMW corporate can advise you.
Actually, only Munich and factory knows for sure, till some point, when a car is put on production.
The situation for european customers is totally different from US ones, we can t actually trace a car like you do. A german dealer said that if the clients would be aware in real time about the process, the will increase the presure on them. It is hard to explain that a car produced today will be available in Germany or Poland in 6-8 weeks, if get some luck. For this reason, they tell customers a delivery date with an extended margin, just to be sure. Take onto consideration that is now clients from Europe that wait for their 45e for about 11th months, first was corona, now defective batteries, so on. Nobody in the US will wait that long, nor for a Rolls. Maybe this is the reason they make they made the plant there...
Returning to the ground, I was informed by Munich directly (dealer in CC) that my car is taking shape, vin assigned, F2 date 27th of October, so I am on the good path. I am kind of special customer to BMW an this is the reason. 1-2 weeks from now the car will be on the boat to Europe.
Appreciate 0