E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > BMW Dealer Reviews + Ratings Forum > Machens BMW Columbia, Missouri

07-01-2005, 02:16 PM   #1
stressdoc
Dominica
Rep
Drives: BMW i8; Toy 4runner TRD pro

Thumbs up Machens BMW Columbia, Missouri

Reasonable dealership overall -- really excellent service advisor (Steve) that is knowledgeable and honest. Make that incredibly honest, a delight to talk with. They lost an excellent sales rep (Dennis Carter) to an upscale sales outfit (Woods). Dennis was the first sales rep that explained the business quickly and forthrightly: you can expect to buy a car from this dealership for $1500 over invoice on an ED. And that's how I got my 323 in 1999.

But my general impression is that it is the medium level people (e.g., Steve the service rep) that make the dealership excellent, and that the upper level management are the more typical make money at all costs types.

I will see how the process of buying an E90 via ED goes this year. Working hard to convince myself to postpone until I see what the 335i is like. Or if we finally get diesels, in which case I will opt for a touring (E91).
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2006, 08:09 PM   #2
stressdoc
Dominica
Rep
Drives: BMW i8; Toy 4runner TRD pro

Update, got a 335 via ED. Everything went smoothly and it has been fun and worry-free. Great price, about $1200 over invoice, NO FEES! Excellent, plain-spoken, and straightforward CA: Danny Gingerich. Service department continues to impress. I am feeling very lucky to have this dealer.
Appreciate 0