BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

12-10-2020, 11:22 AM   #1
saintsinc
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 M50i

Ceramic Treatment offered by dealership

Never never fall for the ceramic treatment offered by the dealership! It is nothing but a scam with no warranty commitments and it doesn't work at all! To me it feels like the most expensive car polish, that's it ! It's just a scam that they wants you to pay more on your cars !
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2020, 12:19 PM   #2
gofast182
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i xDrive

Correct. That said, I can assure you that multi-year ceramic coatings really are a thing now, but only professional detailers certified by a particular coating manufacturer to purchase and apply these formulas are going to be able to do it. Look for one of those coatings to cost around $1k due to the amount of prep work (yes even most new cars need to be polished first).
Appreciate 1
Unit218.50
      12-10-2020, 12:46 PM   #3
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

there is a ceramic coating that you can get a warranty on I believe last time I talked to the guys where if you get a bird poop stain or something like that you can submit the claim and BMW will pay for the paint to be corrected. Again I dont stay on top of all that stuff but I just got it done for a neighbor of mine and thats what our service dir was telling me.

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL OUR GUY KOTE FIRST!
Kote M Sales:Kotem@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-368-9101
vipfinance@bmwofcamarillo.com for warranties!
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2020, 01:04 PM   #4
Clippers015
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi Q7, 2013 BMW 328i

I agree with this. Definitely get it at an independent shop. Some dealers say they already installed 3M clear bras on the cars. I would tell them to take it off as I prefer the professional installer to put on verses a generalist.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2020, 01:14 PM   #5
Unit
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

It’s not normally a proper ceramic. In the U.K. it’s GuardX and slapped on by the bodyshop apprentice. Absolute rubbish and the fact they often throw it in for free when a proper detailer will charge £500 - £1k for top quality ceramic coats like Gtechnique.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2020, 02:56 PM   #6
saintsinc
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unit View Post
It’s not normally a proper ceramic. In the U.K. it’s GuardX and slapped on by the bodyshop apprentice. Absolute rubbish and the fact they often throw it in for free when a proper detailer will charge £500 - £1k for top quality ceramic coats like Gtechnique.
It's totally a waste of money and they won't responsible for anything ! I paid $2K to get it done together with the 3M tint on my two front window because the sales said the warranty in the dealership is more trustworthy but looks like that's not the case again the sales as well scam me for another $1K on selling my original 20" wheels which I have replaced it with 22" M Performance wheels. In the end the sales left the company and the dealership and BMW said they are not responsible for anything that deal between the car owner and their sales people. What is disaster !
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2020, 09:26 AM   #7
Unit
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsinc View Post
It's totally a waste of money and they won't responsible for anything ! I paid $2K to get it done together with the 3M tint on my two front window because the sales said the warranty in the dealership is more trustworthy but looks like that's not the case again the sales as well scam me for another $1K on selling my original 20" wheels which I have replaced it with 22" M Performance wheels. In the end the sales left the company and the dealership and BMW said they are not responsible for anything that deal between the car owner and their sales people. What is disaster !
Sorry to read that mate. It's for these reasons I never let anyone but my known detailer touch my cars for treatment.
Appreciate 0