BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

03-12-2021, 02:48 PM   #1
XAmbassador12
Private
Rep
Drives: 2023 Porsche Carrera T

Can 1 X5 have 2 Driver Profiles Using Connected App?

I have the Connected App on my iPhone, and I have my Driver Profile set up. My Driver Profile is also connected to my key (Key 2). Everything works flawlessly.

If my wife (who's actually the main driver), downloads the Connected App to her iPhone, can she setup her own Driver Profile on it, and connect her key (Key 1) to it?
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2021, 03:55 PM   #2
nZtiZia
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: eVeRyOnE mAD!

Garage List
yes. she then needs to log into your car with her Connected credentials in order to complete the driver profile setup
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2021, 04:10 PM   #3
Auricom
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 xDrive40i M Sport

If your wife is the primary driver and primary subscriber to BMW ConnectedDrive, she can add you as a secondary subscriber to the account. This allows you to set up a ConnectedDrive account and your associated driver profile to cloud back up your profile and settings. You can download the app and sign in using your credentials.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-12-2021, 04:11 PM   #4
Superman750
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X6 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auricom View Post
If your wife is the primary driver and primary subscriber to BMW ConnectedDrive, she can add you as a secondary subscriber to the account. This allows you to set up a ConnectedDrive account and your associated driver profile to cloud back up your profile and settings. You can download the app and sign in using your credentials.
Do you use different emails for the different profiles?
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2021, 04:18 PM   #5
Auricom
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman750 View Post
Quote:
Yus
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-12-2021, 04:23 PM   #6
Superman750
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Yus
Hmm. So when I signed up on bmwusa.com, I used a joint email and filled in my information. I am assuming I need to change that to my email, sign the wife up for a login on bmwusa using her email, then when the cars come in, we would be secondary subscribers with the other person's car. I would then just need to add both cars to her bmwusa garage account. Does that sound right?

Or do I just register for new connecteddrive accounts once the cars come in?
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2021, 07:41 PM   #7
XAmbassador12
Private
Rep

Quote:
Thanks. Using my laptop, I just logged into connecteddrive.bmwusa.com and I am the primary subscriber. How do I add my wife as a secondary subscriber?
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2021, 08:28 PM   #8
XAmbassador12
Private
Rep

^^Never mind. I figured it out, added my wife as a Secondary Subscriber, and created her driver profile, linked to her key.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2021, 10:13 AM   #9
Auricom
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Yus
Hmm. So when I signed up on bmwusa.com, I used a joint email and filled in my information. I am assuming I need to change that to my email, sign the wife up for a login on bmwusa using her email, then when the cars come in, we would be secondary subscribers with the other person's car. I would then just need to add both cars to her bmwusa garage account. Does that sound right?

Or do I just register for new connecteddrive accounts once the cars come in?
Sounds like you have an existing BMWUSA.com account and multiple vehicles arriving.

When your vehicles arrive, you'll complete an ESA (electronic subscriber agreement) for BMW Assist and ConnectedDrive. BMWUSA and ConnectedDrive accounts are not one in the same.

You can use the "joint" email address associated with the BMWUSA account or you can use your email (different than BMWUSA) for BMW Assist and ConnectedDrive ESA for both vehicles and can update your BMWUSA and BMWFS email addresses for sanity and consistency - this would be my recommendation.

The ESA will have a primary and optional secondary subscriber info. For one vehicle, you can use your info for primary and wife secondary and for the other vehicle, your wife primary and you secondary. Or you can keep it some and use your info for primary and wife secondary for both vehicles. In either case, confirm make sure the secondary subscriber is activated.

The email addresses you provide will be the email address you'll use to setup and access your ConnectedDrive account on the website and iOS/Android mobile app.

In the ConnectedDrive app, you can add one or both vehicles using your VIN and switch as needed.

I use identical email addresses for BMWUSA and BMW ConnectedDrive but of course different passwords. My X5 xDrive40i and M550i, are registered under one BMW ConnectedDrive and Assist account. I have a secondary subscriber account enabled for my associate.

Is it possible for two people, who both use the same vehicle, to each have separate access to the BMW Connected app on their own devices?

Yes, multiple devices can be used to log into the same vehicle. When using the same ConnectedDrive account (i.e., username and password), the destinations shown in BMW Connected will be the same across all of the devices.

If using different ConnectedDrive accounts (i.e., each person logs in with a separate username and password), the destinations will be personalized to each account.

FAQ_BMW_Connected.pdf

BMW ConnectedDrive FAQs

Last edited by Auricom; 03-13-2021 at 10:20 AM..
Appreciate 1
      03-13-2021, 01:13 PM   #10
Superman750
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Thank you for the detailed breakdown!
Appreciate 1
Auricom4364.50
      03-29-2021, 09:45 PM   #11
Grumpy311
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X5, 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by XAmbassador12 View Post
^^Never mind. I figured it out, added my wife as a Secondary Subscriber, and created her driver profile, linked to her key.
How did you add your wife as a second subscriber? I cannot find anything on the website that will let me do that.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2021, 11:34 PM   #12
Auricom
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy311 View Post
Quote:
How did you add your wife as a second subscriber? I cannot find anything on the website that will let me do that.
You'll have to contact BMW ConnectedDrive customer service and have them add her, if you didn't add her on the BMW Assist and ConnectedDrive contract - hopefully your dealer had you fill out before submitting.

Appreciate 1
      03-30-2021, 08:18 AM   #13
Grumpy311
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X5, 328i

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy311 View Post
Quote:
You'll have to contact BMW ConnectedDrive customer service and have them add her, if you didn't add her on the BMW Assist and ConnectedDrive contract - hopefully your dealer had you fill out before submitting.
No they were so "helpful" to do it for me before I arrived. Trying to get the connected drive guys on the phone, but so far it has been all but impossible.
Appreciate 0