BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in | Oil & Fluids | Servicing | TSB | Recalls    Coolant Levels

01-30-2022, 11:02 AM   #1
M5 F90 (2018)
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M5

Coolant Levels

Hi all and just looking for thoughts as you all know you cant trust all BMW dealerships. When i spoke to the service department, they said the levels do rise/fall depending on the temperature outside and the engines temperature and that the levels in the picture are fine.

I cant actually see the minimum level being reached and its not wet to the touch there either. Im thinking this needs a little top up as i tested it after the car had been off for a good while.

Anyone have any experience and or thoughts?

Thanks
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-30-2022, 12:59 PM   #2
FatRear08
Major
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

I routinely check mine when it’s been sitting overnight. Drastic temp changes can make it fluctuate a little but I always make sure I’m within the Min and Max no matter what. When I bought the wife’s G82, both reservoirs were below the Min line. Ironically my daughter just picked up a new 330 yesterday and I checked both reservoirs before she headed back to school. Just the opposite happened…I removed close to 10 ounces from the main reservoir and a bit from the intercooler tank. I couldn’t believe it was filled that high.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2022, 02:02 PM   #3
italiabrain
Private
Rep
Drives: 19 M5 Comp

You're probably good here. The car will give you an indicator on the screen when it's low. Also note that there are two separate cooling loops with two separate fill locations.
Appreciate 0