E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > No throttle response

02-23-2022, 05:04 PM   #1
RedonBlack3
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw 328i

No throttle response

I own a 2008 328i(6 speed manual), and I'm having a slight issue after a recent clutch job(having to take the whole transmission out of course). My car has no response in the acceleration pedal, I have done numerous throttle reset Adaptions, even after the pedal starts to work after a couple of tries of resetting it, after I put the car in gear, it's back to its no response state, I tried looking all over for solutions and pulling codes, doing research, and nothing seems to really come to narrow down on what can be causing this. I've heard people say it's the crankshaft sensor, or it's the throttle body itself, the battery, the ECU being damaged in someway(I checked earlier today for any corrosion or water damage on my DME but pins and all that look great). I do have two MAF codes and since I heard people say it could be the throttle body, I've ordered both parts just in case. Since I do have to remove my manifold to check the crankshaft sensor, i ordered gaskets for it just outta good habit, but until all those parts come in, I'm stuck right now and there's not much else I can do, least not what I can think of, I tried everything, I'll be open for any help or suggestions
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2022, 11:44 AM   #2
RidersMontego328i
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2008 328i

Can you take a video and post it here? I have a similar issue that just started yesterday.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2022, 02:07 PM   #3
Jros
Private
Rep
Drives: EUDM E92 325i 2006

If before the clutch job there was no problem, i would start inspecting everything that would need to come off in that scenario; like rear o2 sensor connectors, ground straps and everything that lies behind the engine, and maybe intake manifold and all connected sensors (if i remember correctly last time i did a clutch job i had to unbolt the manifold too). I bet this is an electric problem.

Good luck
Appreciate 0