E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > BMW Dealer Reviews + Ratings Forum > Perillo BMW of Chicago

05-05-2006, 01:36 PM   #1
oschicago
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 650

Perillo BMW of Chicago

Avoid Perillo BMW.

The customer service is terrible, and customer sales are dishonest.

I recently purchased a BMW 650 from Perillo. I had earlier leased a BMW 530 from Perillo. While I had not been happy with the customer service, I decided to buy my subsequent car based solely on the location. Their dealership and servicing center is very close to where I live.

This turned out to be a big mistake. My 530 still had 3 months left on the lease. The sales person (named Ken Reffsin) told me that I could trade up to the 650 and would not have to make the remaining payments. I did the trade. BMW financing subsequently informed me that the dealer had no right to make the commitment and that I still owed the remaining balance on the 530. Ken Reffsin denied ever having made the offer to me. Perillo management did not address my complaint. His manager Salim Beg actually blamed me for not seeing "red flags" when Ken had recommended that I not wait till the end of my existing lease.

So for 3 months I had only one car (the 650) but had to make payments on two cars.

My advice to anyone considering buying a new BMW in Chicago - avoid Perillo. Other BMW dealers, while not in downtown Chicago, will pick and deliver the car to your home at no cost (for servicing).

Please feel free to email me at oschicago@gmail.com if you would like to learn more.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2006, 04:04 PM   #2
BenMW
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 335i

Garage List
2007 330i coupe  [0.00]
2002 325ci  [0.00]
Sorry to hear about those extra payments.

I use Hans Kribbel at Knauz BMW in Lake Bluff/Lake Forest area. and I would recommend him.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2006, 01:54 AM   #3
ages944
Captain
Poland
Rep
Drives: E90 325i

sorry to hear about that, but unfortunately, it's not the first time I've heard dishonesty stories about Perillo.

I went through Bill Jacobs in Naperville, and would reccommend them easily.
Appreciate 0