home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Regional Forums USA - California

07-10-2022, 08:13 PM   #1
dJt3xtbook
Private
Rep
Drives: 2021 G82

7/9 - 405 North to 118 West

I had just gotten a car wash (BSM G82 6MT) and was headed to Moorpark to play a round of golf with friends. I'm headed up the 405N and a white F80 (definitely not stock) rolls up next to me and rolls down his windows and tries to communicate with me. However, I had just gotten a car wash and was not about to open my windows and get streaks all over them. I also have 5% tint all the way around, so it was not easy trying to communicate with him. It seemed like he wanted to race me since he was matching my speed and I hear his wastegates going PSHHH PSHHH PSHHHH.

Let me take this time to mention that I have zero performance mods. I'm lowered on MSS springs with H&R spacers and a Stradale Design front lip. I guess one may could presume from my exterior that I had some performance mods, but that's a big no.

We get on the 118 interchange and he's frantically trying to communicate with me over sign language and he definitely is trying to do a rolling 60 run with me. I'm never one for 'street racing', but the freeway was very clear and thought what the hell. We both match speeds at 60 and he motions a 3-2-1 countdown with his fingers. I tried to take it in 3rd gear, but he takes OFF. It was not long before I see his tail lights while I'm standing on the gas while barely starting to hit redline to go into fourth.

He slows down to 60 again and I catch up and he's motioning to go again. Same thing, but this time, I downshift to 2nd gear before the countdown. Much better this time and we're matching speeds until I'm about reaching redline in 3rd. He starts pulling on me until it's obvious he has me outpowered. Honestly, wasn't bad for my stock G82 and he gave me a thumbs up. Drove together a few miles until he exited and we went our separate ways.

Can't complain about how my G82 performed against a modded F80 and feel like I can probably invest in a few mods (intake, downpipe, tune) and most likely be a contender if a similar situation arises in the future. If you were in the F80 (license plate ending in 951) and happen to see this, sorry I wasn't trying to ignore you...I couldn't roll down my windows because of the car wash.
Appreciate 1
Limegrntaln13472.00