home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Regional Forums CANADA

10-31-2022, 12:08 PM   #1
JeetG80x
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3CX -Jahre

BMW messed up my G80 Jahre

So today I found out my G80CX 50 Years Edition is arriving in 2 week at the dealer. Out of curiosity, I asked to confirm the car had CF exterior and Seats as I ordered. Turns out, they didn't add the CF seats but they added Ventilated Front Seats and DAPP with TFA. Both things I didn't ask for.
Salesman told me BMW ran out of CF seats for the Jahre...doubt it.
If they really did run out it, who gave them permission to put ventilated seats DAPP?
THEY EFFED UP MY CAR I was really looking forward to the CF Seats.
Need advice.

Last edited by JeetG80x; 10-31-2022 at 12:14 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2022, 12:51 PM   #2
904_FireG80
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 F82 Comp, 2023 G80 Comp x

Ooof, hate to hear this, as I have an incoming Jahre as well. That makes no sense that they'd run out of carbon buckets though. Sure, the fabric and stitching is different but they only made 500 of these things.

I wouldn't take delivery of the car without buckets. We've all seen it across the forums that buckets make this car for the consumers that like the look of them. My suggestion would be to decline delivery and see what BMW can do. Either new buckets or another individual order. Good luck cause that stinks.

My Jahre will be getting stateside in 3 days so will be following this thread and update you if I get any bad news on mine.
Appreciate 1
JeetG80x323.50
      10-31-2022, 12:56 PM   #3
JeetG80x
Private First Class
Rep

It's a special edition so I am sure they will end up selling it if I decline the delivery. I personally think they gave my car to someone else and made the petty excuse. I am sure they did this on purpose, adding ventilated seats and DAPP. I am going to go see the car when it gets there and make a decision from there.
I just don't think this was a honest mistake.
Appreciate 1
      10-31-2022, 01:04 PM   #4
MunkyTool
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 G80 Comp X-Drive

Garage List
Ask for a discount on the car since they messed up your order. (According to them) Sell it for a profit if they agree.
Appreciate 1
JeetG80x323.50
      10-31-2022, 01:11 PM   #5
904_FireG80
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeetG80x View Post
It's a special edition so I am sure they will end up selling it if I decline the delivery. I personally think they gave my car to someone else and made the petty excuse. I am sure they did this on purpose, adding ventilated seats and DAPP. I am going to go see the car when it gets there and make a decision from there.
I definitely think you should go see the car and make a decision from there. Definitely doesn't hurt! Regarding DAPP though, that was standard on all Jahre build allocations. The only options the dealership had when specking the Jahre is Carbon Buckets or No Carbon Buckets; AND Ceramics or No Ceramics. If it was no ceramics, the dealership could pick the caliper color (blue, black or red).

Hope this helps!
Appreciate 1
JeetG80x323.50
      10-31-2022, 01:32 PM   #6
JeetG80x
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 904_FireG80 View Post
I definitely think you should go see the car and make a decision from there. Definitely doesn't hurt! Regarding DAPP though, that was standard on all Jahre build allocations. The only options the dealership had when specking the Jahre is Carbon Buckets or No Carbon Buckets; AND Ceramics or No Ceramics. If it was no ceramics, the dealership could pick the caliper color (blue, black or red).

Hope this helps!
DAPP is a $2k option as per the pamphlet.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2022, 03:57 PM   #7
Seanhfx
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: MY23 M3 Comp Edition 50 Jahre

Quote:
I get you would be upset as this isn't what you were expecting but I have to wonder who "they" are and why "they" would do this on purpose? Honestly, that doesn't make any sense.

As for the CB seats, I don't believe the majority of cars were made with them, probably not even even 33%.

I went in to the dealership May 31st, and didn't have ANY choice as ALL the builds were locked in May 22nd. I guess it's possible the dealer messed up and thought they could modify the order, that to me would be the only mistake, anything else would've been by chance.

Personally, I didn't want those seats, my back can not handle them and the normal sport seats are so comfortable. But this was your build and only you can decide. I know one thing, if you do take it, the dealer should discount the car equivalent to DAPP and Cooled seats.

Good luck
2017 340i xDrive
Appreciate 1
JeetG80x323.50
      10-31-2022, 04:09 PM   #8
Seanhfx
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: MY23 M3 Comp Edition 50 Jahre

Quote:

Hope this helps!
That may be for the states but not Canada.

Canada only had the following options.

M3 or M3 Competition

Normal Sport seats or with ventilated option available
or Carbon Bucket seats.

Garage door opener

DAPP

Carbon Ceramic brakes
or
M Compound Brakes in Black/Blue/Red

M Carbon exterior package

826M with track tires

M drivers package

/end
2017 340i xDrive
Appreciate 1
JeetG80x323.50
      10-31-2022, 04:45 PM   #9
Limegrntaln
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 DG/BLk xDrive M4C Wk 34

Garage List
I have a hard time believing that BMW messed this up. I can see the seats being out of stock, but they would probably just make you wait.

One of the only reasons I can see for them not making you wait, is that they can't get the seats, which I also find hard to believe, because, guess who makes the seats? BMW. They're made right at the factory. These seats aren't supplier, supplied.

The other is, that there is something that says, since this is a special edition, that the car needs to be completed by a certain date. Canada doesn't use MyGarage, if I remember, correctly, or you could actually look and see what's ordered.

This is how MyGarage reads, for my car. The only option I don't have, is carbon buckets.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
JeetG80x323.50
      11-01-2022, 01:08 AM   #10
904_FireG80
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanhfx View Post
Quote:

Hope this helps!
That may be for the states but not Canada.

Canada only had the following options.

M3 or M3 Competition

Normal Sport seats or with ventilated option available
or Carbon Bucket seats.

Garage door opener

DAPP

Carbon Ceramic brakes
or
M Compound Brakes in Black/Blue/Red

M Carbon exterior package

826M with track tires

M drivers package

/end
Good to know. A few more options, that's for sure!
Appreciate 1
JeetG80x323.50
      11-01-2022, 07:26 AM   #11
JeetG80x
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
I get you would be upset as this isn't what you were expecting but I have to wonder who "they" are and why "they" would do this on purpose? Honestly, that doesn't make any sense.

As for the CB seats, I don't believe the majority of cars were made with them, probably not even even 33%.

I went in to the dealership May 31st, and didn't have ANY choice as ALL the builds were locked in May 22nd. I guess it's possible the dealer messed up and thought they could modify the order, that to me would be the only mistake, anything else would've been by chance.

Personally, I didn't want those seats, my back can not handle them and the normal sport seats are so comfortable. But this was your build and only you can decide. I know one thing, if you do take it, the dealer should discount the car equivalent to DAPP and Cooled seats.

Good luck
Thanks for the help
By they, I meant the dealership. Would it be possible that they spec'd it the way they wanted it just incase I flopped? First time dealing with them too.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2022, 09:04 AM   #12
NumberNine
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2022 G80 M3C mXdrive

Quote:
Quote:

Good luck
Thanks for the help
By they, I meant the dealership. Would it be possible that they spec'd it the way they wanted it just incase I flopped? First time dealing with them too.
Which dealer are you working with.

Dealer did mess up my order but not badly.. so it could happen and I'm pretty sure it's dealer's fault.

You can ask for the build sheet not order sheet to confirm.

If BMW deleted an option from your build, there is a SOC with deletion.

If dealer forgot to add it, you simply don't see that option in build sheet.
Appreciate 1
JeetG80x323.50
      11-01-2022, 09:52 AM   #13
JeetG80x
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NumberNine View Post

Dealer did mess up my order but not badly.. so it could happen and I'm pretty sure it's dealer's fault.

I see, I will ask for it when they schedule the pick up.
Dealership is in Montreal. What happened to your build?
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2022, 09:55 AM   #14
NumberNine
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2022 G80 M3C mXdrive

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NumberNine View Post

I see, I will ask for it when they schedule the pick up.
Dealership is in Montreal. What happened to your build?
You can ask now and know it's who's fault.

It's ready once BMW accepted your order.

I heard some of 50 years edition has carbon bucket deleted in the early production, so definitely check your build sheet.

They forgot to add carbon fibre interior trim, which is not included in MY22 ultimate package. It's not a big issue compared to bucket seat.. I ended up ordering m performance matte CF trim
Appreciate 1
JeetG80x323.50