BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW XM (G09) Forums General BMW XM Forum Plug for Charger Q's

02-07-2023, 11:35 AM   #1
scottjays
Starfleet Command
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Plug for Charger Q's

My wife drives a Ford Mustang Mach-e...will the charger we use to charge the Ford fit on the XM? The pics I've seen on the XM looks diff than the charger that works on Electrify America outlets. I installed a 240v charger and the Ford provided a home charging cable that looks like the standard Electrify America chargers. Also will the XM require a charge to charge the battery for electric only vehicle use? Meaning will the gas engine be able to charge the electric battery for EV only use? Will the XM have one pedal drive capability? I am in year 4 on my 20 X5 M50i...thinking about the Cadillac V Escalade (the exhaust!!) and the new XM...decisions!
      02-10-2023, 04:58 PM   #2
ibimmer954
Major
Rep
Drives: '23 i4 M50, '15 M3, '18 911

Garage List
I saw an XM at the BMW Performance Center West last weekend. It was plugged into a standard ChargePoint Level 2 charger. So, yes, it's a standard Level 2 charge port. I can't imagine why they would use anything else. Don't know about DC connectors. Probably aren't needed.
Appreciate 0