forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW XM (G09) Forums General BMW XM Forum M mode

06-04-2023, 11:52 PM   #1
Senox
Rep
Drives: Audi A7

A Quick question:

The M1 and M2 buttons are shortcuts to the drivning settings. The M mode, where you can choose between road or track, does that only affect the display graph or does it do anything else?
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2023, 06:03 PM   #2
SamKaz
Rep
Drives: M8 X7 XM

Garage List
bmw  [0.00]
I had the same confusion, pretty sure the M botton doesn’t change any of the configurations that you have under “Setup”, but in addition to display changes, it also effected some of the safety warnings/driving assist stuff, haven’t found the exact list anywhere.
Appreciate 1
Senox3.00
      06-07-2023, 01:49 AM   #3
Senox
Rep
Drives: Audi A7

To me it sounds strange for BMW to ad a physical button, the driver then need to make a choice on the screen and the only thing that happens is some graphic changes.

It would have been smarter if I could choose what type of graphic I want to associate with which driving set up (M1, M2).

So now I need to press the M-button, press M-mode and then do a last selection on the screen before I have the set up I preferred 🤪🤯…
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2023, 05:25 PM   #4
SamKaz
Rep
Drives: M8 X7 XM

Garage List
bmw  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senox View Post
To me it sounds strange for BMW to ad a physical button, the driver then need to make a choice on the screen and the only thing that happens is some graphic changes.

It would have been smarter if I could choose what type of graphic I want to associate with which driving set up (M1, M2).

So now I need to press the M-button, press M-mode and then do a last selection on the screen before I have the set up I preferred 🤪🤯…
Indeed. In fact my sales rep believed that button configures the “default M” setup, but that can’t be true as none of the engine/chassis etc. settings changes; also for example if you setup M1 and activate it and then you press the M Mode button, none of your settings would change! So that’s how I concluded the M Mode button won’t change any driving behavior. 🤷‍♂️
Appreciate 0