BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

09-06-2007, 03:28 PM   #1
S2K
Rep
Drives:

REsponse from San Diego dealership about deposits

This is my first post here. Thought this may be of some interest.

Mr. --------,

Let me answer your questions:

1) we are currently taking deposits for the upcoming 1 series; this deposit is fully refundable for whatever reason)

2) We not intend on marking this vehicle up with any AMV (adjusted market value)… We may require you to purchase this car with Lo-Jack or Paint Sealant if we decide to add these items to the car however.

3) BMW has only given us a general idea of the release of this vehicle with no specific date pricing or quantities.

We would love to help you with this purchase! Please let us know if you would like to schedule an appointment so that we can get the ball rolling!

Pat/ 619-

Sent: Wednesday, September 05, 2007 2:59 PM
Subject: Questions: The New 135i

I have a couple questions regarding the up and coming 135i. I know official pricing has not been released but I expect the 135i base price to come in around 32-34k. This price point will be very similar to the base MSRP of a 328i sedan. I would expect the 135i lease offer terms to be very similar to the 328i sedan as well. With that said I am very interested in purchasing a 135i when they become available early spring. My questions are:

Does your dealership provide an opportunity to be added to a waiting list?

Is a deposit required?
If so, what are your deposit terms?

Has your general sales manger talked about any markup on the new model (over MSRP)?

Last but not least; what type of info have you been given from BMW about pricing, launch date, and quantities for the 1 series?

I appreciate any information you can provide, as it will help my decision in choosing a dealership in Southern California for my upcoming purchase.

V/r
----------------------
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2007, 03:51 PM   #2
128er
Captain
Rep
Drives:

I hate when dealers do that..you know they know stuff but they wont tell you!!
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2007, 04:37 PM   #3
Tijuana
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 535xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by 128er View Post
I hate when dealers do that..you know they know stuff but they wont tell you!!
Ehh... I can't imagine a scenario where more than two people are ever able to keep a secret of any kind (fake characters from Dan Brown novels excluded) for more than a week. I would be more inclined to think the dealer is lying if they did give you a number.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2007, 09:41 PM   #4
NewhouseEnt
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: none

RIP OFF Alert

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2K View Post
This is my first post here. Thought this may be of some interest.

Mr. --------,

Let me answer your questions:

1) we are currently taking deposits for the upcoming 1 series; this deposit is fully refundable for whatever reason)

2) We not intend on marking this vehicle up with any AMV (adjusted market value)… We may require you to purchase this car with Lo-Jack or Paint Sealant if we decide to add these items to the car however.

3) BMW has only given us a general idea of the release of this vehicle with no specific date pricing or quantities.

We would love to help you with this purchase! Please let us know if you would like to schedule an appointment so that we can get the ball rolling!

Pat/ 619-
As a former dealer, I will tell you that they just DID mark up the car for "market." This dealer has already shown their colors of being a backwards, 1980's style, slick dealership. Avoid or buy a Chevy, where you'll surely get this treatment. I went to 3 Chevy and 1 Buick dealership/s in the last week, they are operating in "1984 Texas Good Ol' Boys time." The only thing missing here are Mullets. (Was looking at 07' Tahoe and 08' Enclave.)
Paint Sealant: This is a $15 bottle of wax that they have a guy making an hourly wage put on the cars. NO WAX, I repeat, NO WAX on earth lasts effectively past 3-4 months. Before a dealership, I owned a Concourse Prep Detail facility that prepped Concourse show cars for Pebble Beach. I won't go into the science of it, but I was in the business for over 15 years.
Times about 20 cars on one bottle of wax and an hourly rate... and they Paint Sealed your car for about $8. They charge from $399 to $800 for this idiotic item. Suffice it to say for the common man, if you sealed the paint, the clear coat would crack. It must BREATH. The only thing you can put onto paint and clear coats is wax.
Second, they make about $400 on the LoJack. The car already has an alarm with ignition kill and a key fob that changes the code every time you use it.
By forcing you to buy these two things, they just cleared their market over charge, thus telling you bold face that they are slick and will try anything underhanded to get a buck. Go to another dealer.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2007, 10:37 PM   #5
1ster
Large Member
Rep
Drives:

Yup. My dealer (first on the waiting list, woot!) wanted $1,000 but it's fully refundable, I get to order the car to my exact specs, and there will be no ADM or dealer-installed options that I do not specifically request. Seemed like a fair deal to me.

There are people here who will tell you that you should be able to get a 135i on March 22, 2008, for invoice price, but they are smoking better sh*t than I am. :biggrin:
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2007, 12:06 AM   #6
IrvRobinson2
Banned
Rep
Drives:

To be honest, I would try a different dealer
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2007, 12:07 AM   #7
S2K
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewhouseEnt View Post
As a former dealer, I will tell you that they just DID mark up the car for "market." This dealer has already shown their colors of being a backwards, 1980's style, slick dealership. Avoid or buy a Chevy, where you'll surely get this treatment. I went to 3 Chevy and 1 Buick dealership/s in the last week, they are operating in "1984 Texas Good Ol' Boys time." The only thing missing here are Mullets. (Was looking at 07' Tahoe and 08' Enclave.)
Paint Sealant: This is a $15 bottle of wax that they have a guy making an hourly wage put on the cars. NO WAX, I repeat, NO WAX on earth lasts effectively past 3-4 months. Before a dealership, I owned a Concourse Prep Detail facility that prepped Concourse show cars for Pebble Beach. I won't go into the science of it, but I was in the business for over 15 years.
Times about 20 cars on one bottle of wax and an hourly rate... and they Paint Sealed your car for about $8. They charge from $399 to $800 for this idiotic item. Suffice it to say for the common man, if you sealed the paint, the clear coat would crack. It must BREATH. The only thing you can put onto paint and clear coats is wax.
Second, they make about $400 on the LoJack. The car already has an alarm with ignition kill and a key fob that changes the code every time you use it.
By forcing you to buy these two things, they just cleared their market over charge, thus telling you bold face that they are slick and will try anything underhanded to get a buck. Go to another dealer.

I totally agree! I find it sad they had to go that route.(I'm half way tempted to release the name of the guy and the dealership) What I find even more sad is I emailed each and every BMW dealership in San Diego and only responded.....only one response. I thought they wanted to sell cars????

Can anyone recommend a dealership in SoCal?
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2007, 07:18 AM   #8
mikeo
Santa Fe Concorso
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 M-sport 328i, '13 X1 28i

Cunningham BMW in El Cajon used to have a good rep among BMWCCA members.

Cunningham BMW
New Vehicles
www.cunninghambmw.com
875 El Cajon Blvd
El Cajon, CA 92020-5714
Phone: 619-442-8888
Fax: 619-440-3876
      09-08-2007, 04:13 PM   #9
NewhouseEnt
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: none

Recommend Mark Czikalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2K View Post
I totally agree! I find it sad they had to go that route.(I'm half way tempted to release the name of the guy and the dealership) What I find even more sad is I emailed each and every BMW dealership in San Diego and only responded.....only one response. I thought they wanted to sell cars????

Can anyone recommend a dealership in SoCal?
I strongly recommend Mark Czikalla at Shelly BMW in Buena Park. Worth the drive. He's honest, NO BS, to the point and will give you an incredible deal. Tell him Terry sent you.
(714) 313-4714 Cell. He gave me a smoking hot deal on mmy 335i lease. I'm very happy.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2007, 05:33 PM   #10
IrvRobinson2
Banned
Rep
Drives:

like everyone else said: contact more guys and see what the feedback is. You still have plenty of time to make a decision
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2007, 10:46 PM   #11
GAL
Rep
Drives:

135i

I have checked with local BMW dealers, and they want $1000.00 refundable deposit to be put on a list, to order a 135i as soon as they become available to order. My problem is it's going to be at least 6-8 months before this will happen,( according to them March). Why so much to be put on a list???? I can see a $200-$300.00, but why $1000.00???? I have the money, I guess it's just the principle of the whole thing. I would gladly put $1000.00 down when I order it, but just to have your name on a list, so they can collect interest on your money, seems a bit unfair. It seems they are in the driver's seat, and can play any game they want !!!!!!!!! As far as dealer add ons, like paint sealant and any other items like that, I have told dealers I didn't want those items, some didn't add them, when I told them I was walking, but some others just didn't care, so I walked!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2007, 08:29 AM   #12
mikeo
Santa Fe Concorso
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 M-sport 328i, '13 X1 28i

FWIW, you should be able to spec/order the car by January or early February at the latest.