BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW XM (G09) Forums General BMW XM Forum My new drive mode habits

09-20-2023, 12:41 PM   #1
Momomo1
Private
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW XM

My new drive mode habits

Almost four months into ownership now and I’ve developed a curious style of drivetrain use. I like to start the car in electric mode (M1) and when I reach a highway, I switch to hybrid (M2). Then when I get near to my destination, I switch back to electric mode for a few miles that allows for a discreet arrival.

This method allows me to not have to charge the battery manually at all as the brake regeneration is efficient enough to keep my battery at around 28 to 32 miles range, which is pretty much 85% full at all times. The battery needs to stay at a sufficient level to enable maximum performance with the hybrid drive.

Now I am able to enjoy both drive modes of my new ride without once having to plug in. This is a benefit as I live in a condo and have to be assigned a slot with valet for level two charging. Otherwise, I have to use the occasional level one charger that came with the car which is a hassle.

How is everyone else using their drive modes?
Appreciate 1
r33_RGSport12971.00
      09-20-2023, 12:44 PM   #2
larryc
Rep
Drives: BMW M850

Driving mostly in electric but in hybrid mode, so trying to be gentle with the gas pedal not to wake up the ICE.

Sometimes I push it on purpose for a more agile driving in town, rarely use M2 for full sports mode for some fun when I am driving without family
Appreciate 1
r33_RGSport12971.00
      09-20-2023, 08:25 PM   #3
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G09 XM, G05 X5 40, 991.2 T

My M1 is Sport everything with D2 and Comfort Brake.
My M2 is Sport Plus everything with S3 and Sport Brake and MDM.

My daily commute is M1.
I only drive on Hybrid (which full electric most of the time) when I leave / arriving home. And once battery almost at fully charged from Regen, I drive my kids to school in full electric.
Active Autowerke • KW • H&R • Ohlins • Remus • and more...
Appreciate 0