BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

11-06-2023, 08:38 PM   #1
FrankWhite!
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BWM G87

Hi guys, I’ve got a 2024 X5 and the whole cluster is down. It crashed this morning and I’ve got an error flashing;

Emergency Call System Malfunction
Component Protection

The car drives and I have a Speedometer but that’s it. No radio, climate, cameras and nothing works on the technology side. I’m afraid it also has no safety systems or airbags if there were an accident.

Any thoughts here? I Called and made a service appointment for 1st available this week. Not a great start for a near 90k SUV
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2023, 07:08 AM   #2
swainbmw
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 x5 40!

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankWhite! View Post
Hi guys, I’ve got a 2024 X5 and the whole cluster is down. It crashed this morning and I’ve got an error flashing;

Emergency Call System Malfunction
Component Protection

The car drives and I have a Speedometer but that’s it. No radio, climate, cameras and nothing works on the technology side. I’m afraid it also has no safety systems or airbags if there were an accident.

Any thoughts here? I Called and made a service appointment for 1st available this week. Not a great start for a near 90k SUV
With the pre lci you could push stereo button down for 30 Seconds to reboot the system, try this on your car to see if it does anything. Hopefully it just needs a reboot take it out of a sleep mode. Will be interesting to see what the dealer does if a reboot does not help or work. Keep in touch
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2023, 08:43 AM   #3
FrankWhite!
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by swainbmw View Post
With the pre lci you could push stereo button down for 30 Seconds to reboot the system, try this on your car to see if it does anything. Hopefully it just needs a reboot take it out of a sleep mode. Will be interesting to see what the dealer does if a reboot does not help or work. Keep in touch
Thank you for the reply. I tried the 30 and 60 second hold to reboot button but nothing happened. At the dealer now for a drop off…we’ll see what they say…
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2023, 10:04 PM   #4
FrankWhite!
Second Lieutenant
Rep

The service manager jumped in the car before I left yesterday and tried the 70 second reboot while I was there and it did nothing. Said they hadn’t seen those errors yet. They haven’t had time to look at the car yet in depth from the VM I received today. I’ll keep yall posted when they get plugged into the car.
Appreciate 2
realdah57.00
1230vani660.00
      12-27-2023, 10:51 PM   #5
M42
Private
Rep
Drives: X5

any updates FrankWhite! ? I have same exact issue with my X5

what was your resolution ?
Appreciate 1
eluded3071.50
      12-28-2023, 10:13 AM   #6
FrankWhite!
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by V77 View Post
any updates FrankWhite! ? I have same exact issue with my X5

what was your resolution ?
They rebooted the computer and the errors cleared. I’m optimistic it’s been fully resolved and hasent returned since. Note- the Tire pressure system also reset and it took about 20 miles of driving to get the pressures back and reset after I left with the car.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2023, 12:23 AM   #7
M42
Private
Rep
Drives: X5

Apparently that’s step 1… my advisor told me there is like 90% chance it’ll return. And for me it did 9 months later
They ended up replacing the Reciever Audio Module in mine… supposedly that’s what was causing all the issues. Luckily that’s a “simple” replacement for them to do. But includes programming only they can do.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2023, 07:32 AM   #8
FrankWhite!
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by V77 View Post
Apparently that’s step 1… my advisor told me there is like 90% chance it’ll return. And for me it did 9 months later
They ended up replacing the Reciever Audio Module in mine… supposedly that’s what was causing all the issues. Luckily that’s a “simple” replacement for them to do. But includes programming only they can do.
WTF. That sucks. So, there was an actual component failure on yours? They ran all the diagnostics and the computer came back with nothing hence the reboo, that’s what’s they said anyway…
Appreciate 0