BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW XM (G09) Forums General BMW XM Forum Augmented view switch to right side display ?

11-19-2023, 11:13 AM   #1
joesdayjob
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: bmw xm label red

Augmented view switch to right side display ?

My augmented view is in my instrument cluster behind steering wheel I’ve tried everything to move it to the right display , how ?

Thank you
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2023, 11:16 AM   #2
VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW XM Label

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by joesdayjob View Post
My augmented view is in my instrument cluster behind steering wheel I’ve tried everything to move it to the right display , how ?

Thank you
You can’t do both at the same time. It’s one or the other. In order for it to show up on the main screen, you’ll have to change your view on your instrument cluster to something else first, then change the navigation display preferences within iDrive.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2023, 12:02 PM   #3
joesdayjob
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: bmw xm label red

Thanks I’ll try this today

Not really sure how

Settings on navigation then guidance them change augmented to not instrument cluster
Appreciate 1
      11-19-2023, 12:12 PM   #4
VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by joesdayjob View Post
Thanks I’ll try this today

Not really sure how

Settings on navigation then guidance them change augmented to not instrument cluster
There’s a setting for it somewhere within iDrive. I just know it can’t be enabled with the instrument cluster version simultaneously. I provided the same instructions to someone else on here very recently and it worked for them, but I’ll check a little later today.

Also note that unlike the version on the instrument cluster, it will disappear after you get to a certain speed which I think is around 25 mph; however, it will pop back on automatically for an approaching turn or to show you what lane you need to be in for an upcoming exit This is the way it was on my iX M60. It will also only appear on the main display when you’re navigating to a destination.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2023, 03:50 PM   #5
XM Label
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: XM/XB7

Garage List
2024 XM Label  [0.00]
On steering wheel, right side, middle button between phone and microphone buttons. Press it (3 dots 3 lines) then in instrument cluster move augmented reality to another choice. I use asssisted view.

Then push map button next to home button. Select settings on right side, then guidance, select augmented view to be control display.
Appreciate 1
      11-19-2023, 04:30 PM   #6
VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWXMBlack View Post
On steering wheel, right side, middle button between phone and microphone buttons. Press it (3 dots 3 lines) then in instrument cluster move augmented reality to another choice. I use asssisted view.

Then push map button next to home button. Select settings on right side, then guidance, select augmented view to be control display.
That’s the view I prefer on the head up display and the instrument cluster - especially with my ultra dark window tint.
Appreciate 1
XM Label904.50