BMW XM (G09) Forums General BMW XM Forum BMW XM Label Auto Quote

11-28-2023, 11:40 AM   #1
VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW XM Label

Garage List
So I did not like my Progressive Auto renewal rate for 01/01/2024, so I called to cancel. They re-ran me as a new customer (which I have done before in the past), and I got a much better rate for the same coverages with an even lower comp deductible. Glad they did this because I was about to move over all four of my policies (auto, home, flood, and motorcycle). The only catch is that Progressive no longer offers $0 glass-break deductibles. Not much of a concern like it was on my iX M60 which had a 100% glass roof.

Renewal Rate: $2,907.50 every 6 months (paid monthly)
Renewal Rate: $2,500.50 every 6 months (paid in full)

New Policy Rate: $776.50 every 6 months (paid monthly)
New Policy Rate: $706.00 every 6 months (paid in full)

Quite the difference!
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
      11-28-2023, 01:12 PM   #2
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G09 XM, G05 X5 40, 991.2 T

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualGuitars View Post
So I did not like my Progressive Auto renewal rate for 01/01/2024, so I called to cancel. They re-ran me as a new customer (which I have done before in the past), and I got a much better rate for the same coverages with an even lower comp deductible. Glad they did this because I was about to move over all four of my policies (auto, home, flood, and motorcycle). The only catch is that Progressive no longer offers $0 glass-break deductibles. Not much of a concern like it was on my iX M60 which had a 100% glass roof.

Quite the difference!
Wow, that’s a big drop. Congrats!!
Active Autowerke • KW • H&R • Ohlins • Remus • and more...
Appreciate 1
      11-28-2023, 01:45 PM   #3
VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by r33_RGSport View Post
Wow, that’s a big drop. Congrats!!
#Winning 😂😂😂
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
      11-28-2023, 03:00 PM   #4
AndWhat
Rep
Drives: '23 M8 GC, '23 BMW X6 M50

Did they quote the full amount? Progessive wouldn’t quote me over the $150k mark.
Appreciate 1
      11-28-2023, 03:03 PM   #5
VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndWhat View Post
Did they quote the full amount? Progessive wouldn’t quote me over the $150k mark.
Yes I was finally able to get away from that “stated amount” $150k limit BS which I was doing before. Now my XM Label is completely covered even though it’s MSRP is well over $150K. There’s another system where they can input the VIN and profile it correctly.

I don’t use an agent, but I can put you in contact with the rep that I went through today. I do have her email address. Let me talk to her first to make sure she’s good with handing it out.
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2023, 03:05 PM   #6
AndWhat
Rep
Drives: '23 M8 GC, '23 BMW X6 M50

Quote:
Yes I was finally able to get away from that “stated amount” $150k limit BS which I was doing before. Now my XM Label is completely covered even though it’s MSRP is well over $150K. There’s another system where they can input the VIN and profile it correctly.

I don’t use an agent, but I can put you in contact with the rep that I went through today. I do have her email address. Let me talk to her first to make sure she’s good with handing it out.
That would be much appreciated, the rep I called said they won’t go over $150k. I did notice on your quote that it said XM not XM Label.
Appreciate 1
      11-28-2023, 03:10 PM   #7
VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
That would be much appreciated, the rep I called said they won’t go over $150k. I did notice on your quote that it said XM not XM Label.
I was very upfront with her that it is a label - Plus the VIN tells them everything when it’s not a stated amount. She told me that many of the direct agents are not trained on how to do this properly. I ran into the same thing as you and have been doing that “stated about” crap since I leased the vehicle last month. My existing policy was set to renew on January 1, so now I decided to call once I get the renewal amount. Glad I got the right agent.

Be prepared to spend at least 45 minutes on the phone as they will rerun you as a new customer. You won’t lose any of your perks or benefits, but they do ask you a gazillion questions that they already have the answers to.

She’s calling me on Friday to put my new policies in force. I just asked her how you should handle your situation. If she’s good with me handing out her email address, I’ll send it to you via PM.
Appreciate 1
r33_RGSport12971.00
      11-28-2023, 08:15 PM   #8
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G09 XM, G05 X5 40, 991.2 T

Quote:
I was very upfront with her that it is a label - Plus the VIN tells them everything when it’s not a stated amount. She told me that many of the direct agents are not trained on how to do this properly. I ran into the same thing as you and have been doing that “stated about” crap since I leased the vehicle last month. My existing policy was set to renew on January 1, so now I decided to call once I get the renewal amount. Glad I got the right agent.

Be prepared to spend at least 45 minutes on the phone as they will rerun you as a new customer. You won’t lose any of your perks or benefits, but they do ask you a gazillion questions that they already have the answers to.

She’s calling me on Friday to put my new policies in force. I just asked her how you should handle your situation. If she’s good with me handing out her email address, I’ll send it to you via PM.
Does she cover California?
I know that many insurance companies left California.
Active Autowerke • KW • H&R • Ohlins • Remus • and more...
Appreciate 1
      11-28-2023, 08:16 PM   #9
VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by r33_RGSport View Post
Does she cover California?
I know that many insurance companies left California.
She’s just an agent that answered the progressive direct line. I’ll ask her when I talk to her on Friday.
Appreciate 1
r33_RGSport12971.00
      11-28-2023, 09:28 PM   #10
patrikr
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 760i, 2020 Model X LR

Nice!! With regards to windshield deductible I ended up getting BMWs (or maybe the dealer’s) windshield coverage as part of my lease. I live close to a place where gravel trucks drive on the freeway and have had way too many cracked windshields the last few years.
Appreciate 1
      11-28-2023, 09:31 PM   #11
VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrikr View Post
Nice!! With regards to windshield deductible I ended up getting BMWs (or maybe the dealer’s) windshield coverage as part of my lease. I live close to a place where gravel trucks drive on the freeway and have had way too many cracked windshields the last few years.
I never go with the BMW option because it’s not a native BMW service. It’s through a third-party that they partner with. Since she lowered my comp deductible $100, that’s all I would have to pay. A claim is still a claim with any insurance company - even if it’s glass not related to an accident.

The dealers in Texas always try to throw it on there unless you specifically ask them to remove it. They call it Prima Plate which is ultimately a third-party company that makes the decision. At least it won’t affect your insurance if you use it.
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2023, 10:09 PM   #12
patrikr
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I never go with the BMW option because it’s not a native BMW service. It’s through a third-party that they partner with. Since she lowered my comp deductible $100, that’s all I would have to pay. A claim is still a claim with any insurance company - even if it’s glass not related to an accident.

The dealers in Texas always try to throw it on there unless you specifically ask them to remove it. They call it Prima Plate which is ultimately a third-party company that makes the decision. At least it won’t affect your insurance if you use it.
You’re very likely right and time will tell if it was a bad idea or not. Is the tire/wheel protection the same or is that a BMW offered protection?
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2023, 10:21 PM   #13
VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
You’re very likely right and time will tell if it was a bad idea or not. Is the tire/wheel protection the same or is that a BMW offered protection?
It’s all third-party. The only native BMW service offered during the finance part of your purchase is the extended factory warranty which can always be added later before your included warranty runs out. The only benefit of purchasing it upfront is that it can be included with your payments and is generally cheaper than if you buy it later on. Most service plans, dent protection, and wheel/tire protection packages, are all third-party. I generally stay away from those offerings because it’s a huge profit margin for the dealership and ultimately it’s the third-party company that makes the decision on whether they pay the claim or not. BMW does offer native service plans, just make sure that’s what they’re pushing during financing. They will generally offer both.

In my experience, it doesn’t always work out in your favor; however, there are people like my mother that ding their wheels all of the time and it’s worth it to them. Sometimes the wheel and tires package can cost in excess of $5000 which is insane because you can buy a brand new set of BMW wheels and tires from the parts department for less than that. As with any protection package, you’re basically rolling the dice either way.

Always read the paperwork as they’re pushing the services on you during finance. It’s at that point of the transaction that they try to push the services on you when you’re tired and just want to go home. You always have room to negotiate as the dealer takes a healthy portion of the profit. It’s not uncommon to get 50% off. Never hurts to ask.

I never valet my vehicle and I generally never hit curbs or have any type of road rash, so I would rather save the money upfront and not deal with a third-party company. I also drive a lot less than the average person since I work from home, so that does factor into it as well.

If you’ve already purchased your vehicle, I would go through your paperwork and look at the contracts that were signed regarding these third-party services. The dealer can remove them if you act quickly and they haven’t processed your paperwork yet.
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2023, 10:47 PM   #14
patrikr
Lieutenant
Rep

Already purchased the car (see my other post) but will review the paperwork. Fortunately I didn’t pay remotely close to $5k for tire/wheel protection.
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2023, 10:52 PM   #15
VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Already purchased the car (see my other post) but will review the paperwork. Fortunately I didn’t pay remotely close to $5k for tire/wheel protection.
They have different levels, so you may want to double-check what you purchased. Some plans have deductibles and limits and some plans have no deductibles or limits. As I said earlier, you’re rolling the dice either way. I imagine you paid probably somewhere near $3500 which the dealership probably takes about half of that. That’s why they push it so hard during finance as it’s pure profit for them.

Either way, I hope what I wrote above was helpful to you and to others…
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2023, 01:23 PM   #16
VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Sent you a PM with the progressive direct agent’s contact info.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2023, 02:27 PM   #17
Warrenber
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW XM Label

Quote:

Quite the difference!
I just got quoted $1488 by State Farm but I’m in Atlanta GA so I’m probably paying for that and it has a very high accident rate.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2023, 03:21 PM   #18
VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrenber View Post
I just got quoted $1488 by State Farm but I’m in Atlanta GA so I’m probably paying for that and it has a very high accident rate.
I just paid my next six months premium for $700 with 500/CSL coverage just yesterday. Finally got a progressive agent that knew what she was talking about. She re-ran me as a new customer which takes a long time, but it’s worth it.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2023, 05:35 PM   #19
POBA
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 M5C

Thank you so much for the info! I would really appreciate it if you are able to share the Progressive insurance agent contact info with me (you can send me PM). Thank you!
Appreciate 1
      12-03-2023, 05:40 PM   #20
VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by POBA View Post
Thank you so much for the info! I would really appreciate it if you are able to share the Progressive insurance agent contact info with me (you can send me PM). Thank you!
I’ll send it to you tomorrow via PM. Her name is Tracy and is a Progressive direct insurance agent, so she’s not an independent. I would start by emailing her and letting her call you. Be prepared for it take about an hour, but it’s well worth it. I’ve done this once before on a previous BMW. You can also get the $0 glass break deductible after the policy has been written. They can’t add it over the phone for whatever reason. You also won’t lose any of your diamond, or platinum status/perks etc.
Appreciate 1
POBA272.00
      12-04-2023, 02:46 PM   #21
POBA
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 M5C

Quote:
I’ll send it to you tomorrow via PM. Her name is Tracy and is a Progressive direct insurance agent, so she’s not an independent. I would start by emailing her and letting her call you. Be prepared for it take about an hour, but it’s well worth it. I’ve done this once before on a previous BMW. You can also get the $0 glass break deductible after the policy has been written. They can’t add it over the phone for whatever reason. You also won’t lose any of your diamond, or platinum status/perks etc.

Awesome....thank you so much, greatly appreciated!!
Appreciate 1
      12-04-2023, 03:19 PM   #22
VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by POBA View Post
Awesome....thank you so much, greatly appreciated!!
Done!

Update: I Just received a refund of $16 on my new auto policy. I assume it’s because I also opened up a $1 million general liability umbrella policy. Whoever suggested that I do that, thank you!
Appreciate 1
POBA272.00