BMW XM (G09) Forums General BMW XM Forum Progressive Insurance

12-08-2023, 08:53 AM   #1
VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW XM Label

Garage List
So many of you have asked me for my contact at Progressive Insurance regarding getting my XM insured at such a low rate, so I thought it might be worthy of having a post of its own. The Progressive website doesn’t always accept VINS for the newest vehicles which is fairly common amongst insurance carriers. I’d say 90% of the ones I tried to get a quote with wouldn’t accept the VIN of my XM Label. I ran into this same thing in January on the ‘23 iX M60 that I had.

If you already have a Progressive policy and you don’t want to switch, you can call in and speak to a Progessive Direct agent over the phone. It’s also a good idea to have them rerun you as a new customer. That means you’ll get a new policy number, but you won’t lose any of your perks or status with Progressive. I have done this multiple times in the past and sometimes it can make a huge difference, but be prepared for it to take about 45 minutes.

Also note that you can add a $0 glass break deductible after the policy has been written (even before it begins). For some reason they can’t do it over the phone..

This is a reply from Tracy at Progressive who was helping me get my XM Label insured. I was able to get 500/CSL coverage with $100 comp and $2k collision deductibles for just under $700 every six months. Note that I have multiple policies with Progressive, including homeowners, which definitely lowers the premium.

Hope this helps some of you.

Good morning David,

Yes there is something that can be asked.
Reps need to know how to manually enter in the vin symbols.
The person I spoke with earlier in the week, I could not help because while I am licensed in 30 states, his state is not one of them and he had a quote not an existing policy. I can service all 50 states.

Thanks,

Tracy Johnson
Progressive Insurance
Sales Consultant
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-18-2023, 01:51 PM   #2
fbuzila
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW XM

Man, your tip with Progressive saved me $4,000+ on insurance. Thank you!
Appreciate 2
      12-18-2023, 01:53 PM   #3
VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbuzila View Post
Man, your tip with Progressive saved me $4,000+ on insurance. Thank you!
Awesomeness! If I helped even one person then it was worth it!
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2023, 10:27 PM   #4
buddenfan
Captain
Rep
Drives: i8

Hmm. In New York im laying $4k a year for my 2021 X6M comp. Liberty Mutual and Ive been with them 10 years and clean driving record
Appreciate 1
      12-21-2023, 10:46 PM   #5
VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddenfan View Post
Liberty Mutual and Ive been with them 10 years and clean driving record
That’s probably your biggest issue. The only way to get a competitive issuance rate is to leave or have your existing insurance company rerun you as a new customer. Unfortunately, this is the insurance game that we all have to play. The first time Progressive jacked my rates up several years ago for no reason, I called to cancel and then they said “let us run re-run as a new customer.” My credit score was over 830, so it definitely worked out in my favor. I’ve done it two or three times now - Just make sure you don’t lose any of your existing perks. You won’t lose any with Progressive.

When you really think about it, Insurance is not all that different than being employed by a big company. Sometimes you have to leave to save or make more money.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2023, 10:22 AM   #6
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

Just make sure your binder list that, heaven forbid you have to result in any replacement parts that they are only "brand new BMW parts from BMW direct". almost all insurance companies unless you state this and get it in writing will replace with "certified parts" or some sort of refurbished parts (aka lot cheaper)

unfortunately these parts can impact your vehicle warranty down the road if a claim were to come up. Just be aware.

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL OUR GUY KOTE FIRST!
Kote M Sales:Kotem@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-368-9101
vipfinance@bmwofcamarillo.com for warranties!
Appreciate 1
      12-22-2023, 10:26 AM   #7
VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLFFRR View Post
Just make sure your binder list that, heaven forbid you have to result in any replacement parts that they are only "brand new BMW parts from BMW direct". almost all insurance companies unless you state this and get it in writing will replace with "certified parts" or some sort of refurbished parts (aka lot cheaper)

unfortunately these parts can impact your vehicle warranty down the road if a claim were to come up. Just be aware.
Another reason why I only do repairs at a genuine BMW dealership.
Appreciate 1
GOLFFRR10816.50
      12-27-2023, 03:54 PM   #8
alexlucky
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW XM

Garage List
2023 BMW XM  [10.00]
I called Progressive today and they said that they don't insure cars that are more expensive than 150k. How did you manage to get a policy from them?
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2023, 03:55 PM   #9
VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexlucky View Post
I called Progressive today and they said that they don't insure cars that are more expensive than 150k. How did you manage to get a policy from them?
I suggest you read this thread from the top. And yes they do. They have a 150K cap for “stated amounts” when they can’t query the VIN in their system. You need to ask for an agent that can key in the VIN symbols manually.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2023, 07:07 PM   #10
AndWhat
Rep
Drives: '23 M8 GC, '23 BMW X6 M50

Good luck finding an agent that knows how to do it. The agent that was used from this thread is amazing but unfortunately for me she cannot write policies in SC, so I’m on standby until they update their system with the XM.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2023, 07:11 PM   #11
VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndWhat View Post
Good luck finding an agent that knows how to do it. The agent that was used from this thread is amazing but unfortunately for me she cannot write policies in SC, so I’m on standby until they update their system with the XM.
I got to her by just calling the normal customer service line. Just ask for a licensed agent that knows how to code the VIN symbols. I shared her exact quote on the original post on this thread because no less than a dozen people reached out to me looking for her contact info. It was starting to feel like work, so she supplied what you should ask when you call in.

And Tracy should definitely be able to tell you another agents name that can write in your state. My suggestion is to give her name to whoever you’re speaking to so she can tell them what to do.
Appreciate 0