BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-06-2008, 05:25 AM   #1
moff
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X4M Competition

135i Build Slot Confirmed

Hi guys,

Just thought I would share my build slot dates and some 'inside' knowledge that I have picked up.

My order has been with Sytner Nottingham for a while now and they confirmed that they had indeed ran out of build slots. Any 1er orders and now going to be built for late June / July.

Luckily the Business Manager dealing with my order called Bracknell and managed to get an earlier build slot for week 18 (last week April) with delivery to the UK in week 21. We are hoping for delivery to me around the 20-27 May.

This seems to tie in with the news that BMW is reducing production of the 1er as mentioned on the main forum. Not sure what the real reasons are though, but the supply of the 135i Coupe seems to be seriously limited which is going to be great for rarity and exclusivity but really frustrating having to wait AGES for delivery.

Oh well, will have to console myself with this website and hope to see some new 135i video on YouTube:headbang:

Anyone considering ordering a 1er Coupe should get their butts to the dealer ASAP if they want it this summer!!!

Gone: 2019 X3M Competition, Toronto Red, Adelaide Grey.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2008, 05:53 AM   #2
UK135i
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Nice work and congratulations....i should be picking up mine on SATURDAY!! its been a long wait just over 3 months but i cannot wait.

Good luck with your Moff without dooubt this forum has kept me going...it is interesting though the number of UK forumers has really grown over the last couple weeks. I had been readingthis forum since November but only recently joined officially

Interesting to see you went for coral red interior i nearly went for that....what did your dealer say about that choice of colour for resale?
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2008, 09:47 AM   #3
moff
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Stuff resale, it's a company car :biggrin:

I drive a yellow car at the moment, and it didn't prove that difficult to sell myself - I made a few quid on the buy back cost.

The coral red is quite a common colour for the interior, my dad has it in his Space grey 335d (exactly the same car as my wife's but we have got black leather!).

The white will prove trickier at resale, but after seeing a 130i M Sport in white I was sold!

This site is a great resource, I have been part of the UK S2ki (S2000) forum for over 5 years now and it has an excellent online community. Hope we get the same on here and the keyboard warriors stay on ScoobyNet

Appreciate 0
      03-06-2008, 10:13 AM   #4
UK135i
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Good Man....I imagine your colour combo's having seen it on the internet will look very nice indeed in real life....i was much more conservative but then having said that i do like how the sparkling graphite looks when the sun occasionally shines in this country. I have seen at a delears - black with black interior and sparkling graphite with red. And having seen the SGM in real life next to the black it just won me over

Oh i really cannot wait now just a couple more days!!!
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2008, 02:25 PM   #5
moff
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

I am looking forward to plenty of pics

Appreciate 0
      03-06-2008, 03:45 PM   #6
UK135i
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

you will have to teach me or i will have to get somebody a lot more computer savy to show me how to put pictures on the internet because i have absolutely no idea at all!!
Appreciate 0