BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-20-2008, 03:13 AM   #1
pavelitto
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 135i Performance

BMW Performance mods in exchange for stock?

Well, as in the title I am ordering the 135i AW and I am really keen on getting the seats from performance range (thats why I will probably go for black leather) and also rims but since I got it confirmed that those "options" are "strictly dealer fitted" my dealer said there is nothing they can do. Which means I will pay normally for the parts and stay with the stock....
The seats are jut ridiculous as I will never sit my butt on them the dealer cannot do any buy-back etc.
The rims are smaller problem as I can always sell them as new since they will be taken out form my car as soon as it arrives but obviously I will make a loss on them.
Anybody got any better deal with the dealer about fitting those accessories
(I will also stay with the stock kidney grill, mirror caps, diffuser, gearshift- but i guess i can live with that

I can't even imagine if someone decided to get the suspension or brakes in the brand new car----- what on earth is he going to do with brand new stock parts which will come with the car????
I think bmw didn't think twice before offering the performance accessories... or it is just the way to earn extra on us, poor enthusiasts

Sorry it is that long but this issue just upsets me...
      05-20-2008, 03:32 AM   #2
esscolab
Brigadeer
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Black 135i

I guess the moral of this story is get them factory fitted or lose out.

I may change a few bits after wear and tear over time, particularly the brakes and perhaps suspension, will wait and see.

You could store your old seats and sell them on ebay.....
      05-20-2008, 04:13 AM   #3
pavelitto
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 135i Performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by esscolab View Post

You could store your old seats and sell them on ebay.....
Thats the only think that comes to my mind...
      05-24-2008, 10:44 PM   #4
friscogypsee
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: planning my getaway

that pisses me off too, i will also take a loss when i sell the stock rims. When you choose all your options they should really have a "performance" checklist which offers sway bar/seats/wheels/intake etc. etc. it sucks that the only other wheels they offer looks like a stock rim too. bastards! oh well, hopefully someone buys my wheels off ebay, good luck selling ur seats
Appreciate 0