variant
Rep
Drives: Nissan S14x2

'25 X5 50e Singapore Grey II Metallic

50e
SG2M/Tartufo/Fineline Black
915M
Msport Pro/DAPP/Exec/PAP/Climate/Multi/Massage/Alcantara/Hitch

Last day of August I picked up my 25 50e. When I ordered my X5, Singapore Grey Metallic was top choice (also considered Ruby Red Metallic). I placed the order at the end of May, production was the week of August 19th and picked it up for the long Labor day weekend.

When I ordered, I looked at the X5 Visualizer, but it was difficult to tell how the color would look (looking back, the visualizer is bad at showing the color). Photos are easy to find online of Singapore Grey Metallic, but I wasn't sure how much it had changed from the "II". Google searching for any 24 or 25 in SG2M lead me to just one X6 being delivered to a dealer in California and I was not able to get photos before I received my car. I was willing to take the risk, I ordered.

I really could not be happier with the color or the X5, it has a lot of variation depending on the light. It getting prepped for ppf and I will post my photos when its back. This thread is for photos for anyone interested in this color.

I have driven around 800 miles including a 300 mile drive. The X5 is a good size, I have had four people in it and they really enjoyed the comfort and the quiet. The trunk is shallower then I was expecting even with the battery but otherwise, space is good. Engine is still breaking in, so I can't assess overall power, but in Elec, its more power then needed to win the stop light gran prix against commuters and I commute round trip without the b58. It is smooth when the engine kicks in under low power (for example if the battery power runs out), under acceleration its noticeable but its not unpleasant. I've been reading for months what people have though about the air suspension and for my perspective, I am coming from a mid size sedan on coilovers/swaybars. In comfort mode, in a turn, you feel the body roll but it does not wallow. Hitting a bump mid corner, control is tight enough that you hear/feel it and then it doesn't reverberate. In sport mode, handling is sorted enough to make it interesting and not uncomfortable to go through fast direction changes and its fun to drive freeway ramps. I was really surprised at being able to enjoy cornering in sport mode compared to what my daily was before. For me, unless I just had to be able to say I was driving the ultimate handling machine, I can't see why you wouldn't choose air, the benefits outweigh the downsides.

Issues, more leg room in back and front and more ambient lighting colors would be nice. I wish there were more drive mode settings then just comfort or sport, like a sport plus or more adjustment to steering/suspension. The lane change with DAPP is aggressive, it didn't bother me but surprised some passengers. The brakes don't bite as much up front as I would like, but I will get use to it. The center console, glove compartment and the left hand driver cubby are all shallower or smaller then I think they should be. Last thing, I like the illuminated lines in the moonroof on the 7 series better then the dots in the X5. What I wasn't bother by is the aircon noise or power or the comfort of the seats (I have massage) or the noise of the ventilated seats. I use voice command for most functions or the gesture control, having to access menus through the screen hasn't been an issue except for when I tried to look in the owners manual while in drive at a stoplight and the system didn't allow me.

I am really pleased with my purchase, it was worth the wait and this feels like a very well designed SUV that will do everything at the top of its class.

Appreciate 4
LDT2017.50
nZtiZia5202.50
Trex515.50
      09-11-2024, 10:41 PM   #2
BigVegas17
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2025 X5 x40i

Garage List
2025 BMW X5 x40i  [10.00]
That combo looks great. Congrats and enjoy!

09-12-2024, 08:56 AM   #3
LDT
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 M60i

Spectacular! Congrats.
2015 GL350--diesel burner and highway Queen
2011 X5 50i
Appreciate 0