E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > Eisenhaus

06-03-2006, 11:12 AM   #1
tl_boy
Major
Rep
Drives: tl

Eisenhaus

Please share your comments and feedback on Eisenhaus company. Please ONLY respond if you have purchased an item from them. Please state item purchased, approximate time when purchased, and your overall satisfaction with product and service rendered by the company.

Thank you.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2006, 12:24 PM   #2
RaptorKTM
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1 M Coupe

Garage List
2011 BMW 1 M  [0.00]
LONGTRAN

Well, as you guys know I was the first to get the Eisenmann quad exhaust system in the U.S. I arranged this through John, the owner of Eisenhaus, who had the quad system sent to me before it was officially introduced.

There had been many problems with the quad exhaust I had received, but I had not said anything negative on the forums, because I wanted to give Eisenhaus a chance to fix these problems. Customer service couldn’t help me, so I left a message, and waited about 3 weeks before someone with enough authority to help finally got back to me. I expected help and mutual cooperation, but I was shocked to hear what this guy said to me. Instead of offering solutions to the fitment problems I had, he insulted me by questioning my technical abilities. He told me that had I taken the exhaust system to a muffler shop, they would have installed it properly. I own machine shop and manufacture precision parts; yet, I need the expertise of a muffler guy to properly cut the stock exhaust and bolt on the Eisenmann system? Seriously, with the few modifications I had to make—since Eisenmann did not design this perfectly—the overall installation was easier to do than removing the amber plastic piece from the sealed headlights I disassembled.

Now I feel obligated to tell you about my overall experience with Eisenmann.

First, I received my exhaust system with black soot on it. As soon as I noticed this, I immediately took pictures and emailed them to Eisenmann. Instead of an apology, their response was " don’t worry, that exhaust will get black over time.” I paid for a new exhaust system, not a used one. Nonetheless, I started the installation.

Second, during my installation I found out that the extra tip mounting point required a spacer (not included) to make it sit properly. I couldn’t go to the hardware store to buy a washer so I got creative and cut one of my sockets (I checked and double checked the box but found nothing).

I finally got the exhaust on and did a video clip. This video was the first one I did following the installation. You can see that one side is blowing out way more then the other side. Imagine how this would look on a cold or foggy night. Damn. I didn’t post this video clip weeks ago, because I wanted to give Eisenmann a chance to fix this shortcoming. Obviously, they have no desire to fix this.

http://livedigital.com/content/339741/u18649
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2006, 01:05 PM   #3
tl_boy
Major
Rep
Drives: tl

Thank you. Long has a very well documented and telling story. Anyone else? Good and bad are both wanted. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2006, 02:06 PM   #4
larryn
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '97 332ti, '21 X5 45e, '16 GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by tl_boy
Please ONLY respond if you have purchased an item from them.
I purchased a sport Eisenmann exhaust for my '02 330i a few years ago. Absolutely no problems. I wound up not installing it on my car, but on a friends (long story). It worked fine, no delay in shipping, no additional contact needed.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2006, 08:10 PM   #5
Jason
Administrator
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

This is the vendor feedback/comments forum. Please keep your comments to those based off your own experience. In this way we believe this forum will be most helpful. Thanks.
Subscribe to Bimmerpost Youtube Channel
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2006, 08:11 PM   #6
Hunter399
Major General
Rep
Drives: F90M5

I have purchased the full eisenmann system

I have the Catback and the Race muffler

I have nothing but good things to say about Eisenhaus and Ryan

He was always helpful whenever I called and I love their products

Eisenmann and Eisenhaus is awesome
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2006, 01:09 AM   #7
zzinco79
Major
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 325i

mine is perfectly fine.

only thing I did not like was

they, eisenhaus, took little over then 6 weeks

to shit out my exhaust.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2006, 02:46 AM   #8
romain
Good MAN....
Canada
Rep
Drives: AW-325i e90

I got full cat-back raceing exhaust systems for my e90 325i. The quanlity is great, but I got a little bit problem wt the fitment. The SR pipes are unable to put toghter(SR pipes have two pieces), because one side is too big.We used the machine to suck in. It was a easy job.
Over all, both the Eisenmann and Eisenhaus are great.
I have to say ,they make a great product!! Go for it, you will never disapointed.
      06-05-2006, 08:07 AM   #9
larryn
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '97 332ti, '21 X5 45e, '16 GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzinco79
mine is perfectly fine.

only thing I did not like was

they, eisenhaus, took little over then 6 weeks

to shit out my exhaust.
That's gotta be hella painful...
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2006, 04:09 PM   #10
Hunter399
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by romain
I got full cat-back raceing exhaust systems for my e90 325i. The quanlity is great, but I got a little bit problem wt the fitment. The SR pipes are unable to put toghter(SR pipes have two pieces), because one side is too big.We used the machine to suck in. It was a easy job.
Over all, both the Eisenmann and Eisenhaus are great.
I have to say ,they make a great product!! Go for it, you will never disapointed.

I had no such fitment problem
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2006, 08:34 AM   #11
mds82
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2006 325xi

Garage List
I purchased the Racing exhaust for my car and Eisenhaus was awesome. the shippment was very fast and the muffler was wrapped and packaged very very well. Everything with the install went smooth. It was great working with them and i would recomend them to anyone.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2006, 11:37 AM   #12
mds82
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2006 325xi

Garage List
So i went back and got the rest of the Eisenmann exhaust, the SR pipes. They were shipped out the same day and thwey will be here soon. These guys are awesome and fast
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2006, 11:33 PM   #13
Hunter399
Major General
Rep

Mds,

Im glad I got you to finally step up and get the SR pipes!
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2006, 06:17 PM   #14
dmm325
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Titanium Silver E90 335i

Just wanted to bring this post back up to life and add my opinions on Ryan at Eisenhaus, and just the eisenhaus company in general. They have been nothing but great to me. I didnt order their muffler cause i thought the price was alittle steep for me so i got the RE Ikon muffler. Didnt think that was enough so i wanted to get the SR pipes. Talked to ryan on here and he gave me his number and i called to order, he was sick but he had told someone else to take care of me and everything went great. Shipped out the next day and pipes came within a few days. Excellent service and would reccomend them to anyone! Hope to do business again with them in the future. Ryan was very helpful, he took care of everything and was very helpful answering questions.
Not to mention, great product!
      12-01-2006, 01:40 PM   #15
ck1129
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

Ordered an Eisenmann e90 Race exhaust. I ordered it at night, and was shipped in the morning. Came within two days. No problems, called up and they answered acouple of questions and were very helpfull. The exhaust has no defects to my knowleadge, and so far so good! Great product, deffinetly worth the money.

Coming soon : Black and White BMW roundels, Black out grill.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2007, 02:05 AM   #16
ksfrogman
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 330i 6MT

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
2006 330i  [0.00]
I received the Eisenmann quad exhaust awhile ago, but wasn't able to install it since my car was at the body shop getting a new rear bumper cover. Well, I got my car back so I took the day off so I could install it.

I love it! The design of the right sided tips could be improved upon IMO, but quality is very good to excellent. The appearance of the muffler (minus the shiny stuff) looks OEM. Being the purist that I am, I had a hard time accepting that the right sided tips (which are btw functional) are mainly for looks, but I realized I wouldn't care about what negative things others may have to say. I like the way they look. End of story. The Kerscher quads are nice, but wouldn't go well with the M bumper since they are too low for it. The Hamann quads IMO look funny with the M bumper and are hella expensive. The 335i exhaust could likely be adapted to fit the 330i, but I like my storage trough in the trunk.

Now I have the best of both worlds: a nice and reputable race exhaust and the eye candy to boot.

One more comment. The Eisenmann race exhaust doesn't sound much louder than the stock one on the 330i. The pitch may be slightly different, but the average person would not be able to tell. The GruppeM intake made the car a lot louder. If you want a loud sound, get the SR pipes. Ryan at Eisenhaus had already warned me about this, but I'm cool with the existing system for now, since I (nor the fiance) really care for a car that is too noisy. If I get bored with the sound, I'll get the SR pipes at a later date.

The exhaust system was wrapped, padded, and packaged very well. When it comes to performance items, I didn't think I would care about how "pretty" those parts would look. However, the muffler and components were so shiny, it the eye candy put a big smile on my face.

For those not used to using a cut off saw, I would say have a professional shop do the install. Otherwise, installation is fairly easy and straightforward. Keep in mind that I have the M-Tech rear bumper, so all I had to do was remove the diffuser. If you don't have this, you will have to remove your rear bumper (since it has to be repainted anyway).

I know what you all will say, so this will save you the trouble:

I didn't have my camera with me, but may put together a DIY at a later date. For now, here's a quick summary of how the install went:

1) Carefully unpack the new exhaust. Make sure all parts are in good shape and ready for install. Make note of the exhaust hangers and compare them with those on the OEM muffler/exhaust.

2) Remove rear diffuser on M bumper.

3) I jacked up my car on both sides with a hydraulic floor jack, and lowered it back down on tire ramps, obviously one side at a time.

4) Detach the three exhaust hangers (the ones with the rubber donuts attached) that hold the exhaust system onto the car. Do this by unbolting them--I believe these were 12mm or 14mm bolts or nuts. Once the hangers are off the car, remove the rubber donuts from them. Btw, the donuts don't really look like donuts.

Optional: you may also want to loosen the two front bolts closer to the exhaust manifold that hold the pipes by the cats to the body.

5) The OEM exhaust system will now hang down low enough for you to access the top and bottom of the pipe.

6) This is the hard part. I have an air compressor and a cut-off tool that I used to cut the muffler from the inlet pipe. Cut around the entire circumference of the pipe, immediately adjacent to the muffler on the inlet side. Cut as close to the muffler as you can! If you've never used a tool like this before, be careful not to cut your fingers off. LoL. Always use good eye protection, and a full clear face mask would be helpful.

7) Remove the OEM muffler.

8) Using a die grinder or flapper wheel, smooth out the rough edges of the pipe's (the one on your car) end.

9) Put clamp onto the existing pipe, attach Eisenmann muffler with the OEM hangers you removed from the stock muffler.

10. Tighten clamp. You will have to adjust this later as this helps determine the muffler's position with the ground.

11. Attach the right sided tips and pipe to the Eisenmann muffler. The hanger for this piece utilizes the existing bolt that attaches the metal portion of the rear bumper. I know this must be hard to understand unless you have a photo (which I will provide later).

12. Using the left side exhaust opening of the rear diffuser, make a template of this opening, and cut out a right sided exhaust opening. This should be 100% symmetrical with the left side. Use a dremel cut-off tool, then a die grinder for the finishing touches.

13. You will now loosen the exhaust to muffler clamp, then rotate the muffler so that the tips are all parallel to the ground and situated evenly on the left and right sides.

Addendum:

The right side plastic undercarriage just underneath the battery can be removed completely. I decided to remove it, then cut out a portion just enough to clear the right sided exhaust tips. This way, that plastic piece can still do what it was intended to do: reduce wind resistance and air buffeting under the car.

My diffuser will go to the body shop for repainting.

Last edited by ksfrogman; 01-24-2007 at 02:27 AM..
Appreciate 0