BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

08-02-2008, 06:04 PM   #1
CBLW
Private
Rep
Drives:

Question Interior Plastic Scratch/Scuff/Scrape... Whatever -- Help!!

Hi guys!

I'm driving a brand new 135i Cp with black leather interior and hence, black plastic interior as well. Upon delivery a week ago or so, I noticed a scratch (surface scratch, like a scuff really, not deep) on the plastic side piece that runs below the leather seat on the driver's side. I'm almost positive that this happened when someone at the dealership was getting in or out of the car, but whatever, not the end of the world, I'd just like to fix it. Can anyone recommend a good auto plastic scratch remover? I'd like to avoid having to pay to have this professionally repaired if possible (that would seem sort of ridiculous), and I don't want to just cover it up with protectant and ignore it.

Any product recommendations, other ideas, etc., would be greatly appreciated. I know this will drive me crazy if I don’t deal with it! Thanks.

P.S. Remember, this is not a shoe scuff or color transfer, just a plastic scratch. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2008, 10:21 AM   #2
turbojayc
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 AW 135i

I have been told, black shoe polish works wells.
Appreciate 0