BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

08-03-2008, 05:47 PM   #1
SnakeDoc?
Gold Member
Rep
Drives:

Headlight adjustments for Europe

Taking the beast around the continent this week. Thought I had sorted everything but had forgotten about headlights. People (and the Interweb) tell me I need to have my lights adjusted. I've always rented locally so this wasn't a concern before. I also read Xenons are different to other lights.

So, do I need to do anything with my xenons before I hit up France? Cos I don't imagine that stick-on thing would have any effect.

Thanks.
      08-04-2008, 04:15 AM   #2
moff
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X4M Competition

IIRC you can't do anything to the Xenon's unless you have the optional adaptive lights which I think have a Euro road setting.

Gone: 2019 X3M Competition, Toronto Red, Adelaide Grey.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2008, 04:33 AM   #3
123D-M
Captain
Spain
Rep
Drives: BMW 123d M-Sport Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by moff View Post
IIRC you can't do anything to the Xenon's unless you have the optional adaptive lights which I think have a Euro road setting.
That sounds about right to me too. Didn't take the adaptive lights option though so can't check it out...
2009 123D Coupe | Sedona Red | Black Boston Leather | Brushed Aluminium Trim | Tinted Windows | M-Sport Package | 6M | Comfort Access | Heated Seats | Navigation | Park Distance Front & Rear | USB | Bluetooth | Voice Control | Efficient Dynamics | Rain & Light Sensors | Xenon Lights
My blog: http://urbanemusings.wordpress.com/
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2008, 04:34 AM   #4
123D-M
Captain
Spain
Rep
Drives: BMW 123d M-Sport Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeDoc? View Post
Taking the beast around the continent this week. Thought I had sorted everything but had forgotten about headlights. People (and the Interweb) tell me I need to have my lights adjusted. I've always rented locally so this wasn't a concern before. I also read Xenons are different to other lights.

So, do I need to do anything with my xenons before I hit up France? Cos I don't imagine that stick-on thing would have any effect.

Thanks.
If you feel like a visit to Belgium drop in and say hi! We can't offer the most exciting roads but we have the best beer.
2009 123D Coupe | Sedona Red | Black Boston Leather | Brushed Aluminium Trim | Tinted Windows | M-Sport Package | 6M | Comfort Access | Heated Seats | Navigation | Park Distance Front & Rear | USB | Bluetooth | Voice Control | Efficient Dynamics | Rain & Light Sensors | Xenon Lights
My blog: http://urbanemusings.wordpress.com/
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2008, 04:41 PM   #5
SnakeDoc?
Gold Member
Rep
Drives:

Cheers guys.

Well I picked up some circular thingies for £2 cos they specifically said they're for BMW xenons. Probably a con, but better than getting stung at the French port by being made to pay for an over-priced equivalent.

Cheers for the invite 123D, enjoyed the Belgian beer many times. But now they're insisting I have a fire extinguisher, triangle, first aid kit, GB sticker and yellow jacket to drive there!