BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - New England

EXXEL Distributions

02-10-2009, 02:43 PM   #1
pepper
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3

auto engineering won't install aftermarket parts???

Hi, I just talked to auto engineering in Lexington to install my performance wheel and they said they won't install aftermaket parts ??? I read another post of shop recommendations and mentioned auto engineering ?

Is there a person there willing to install it if I ask for the right person? I live in Lexington so it would be really good if I didn't have to go out of town ...
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2009, 03:03 PM   #2
Kev
Critical Care Anesthesiologist
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: SMB F83

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepper View Post
Hi, I just talked to auto engineering in Lexington to install my performance wheel and they said they won't install aftermaket parts ??? I read another post of shop recommendations and mentioned auto engineering ?

Is there a person there willing to install it if I ask for the right person? I live in Lexington so it would be really good if I didn't have to go out of town ...
Did you talk to Chip? If he said no, then the answer is no. Go to Bavarian Performance Group in Winchester. It's only a couple exits away on 128.
      02-10-2009, 04:59 PM   #3
pepper
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3

I wrote them an email to make it clear what I wanted, and they replied with not being able to mess with anything invloving the airbags... erased the email but I guess they won't touch it so off to the shop kev posted ( thanks by the way )
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2009, 06:29 PM   #4
Kev
Critical Care Anesthesiologist
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: SMB F83

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepper View Post
I wrote them an email to make it clear what I wanted, and they replied with not being able to mess with anything invloving the airbags... erased the email but I guess they won't touch it so off to the shop kev posted ( thanks by the way )
No problem. Glad to be able to help.

The airbag is really a non-issue. It's held on by two springs behind the steering wheel. You just need to stick a thin screw driver into the slits behind the steering wheel to pop it out. It's very easy to do. The only problem that I have seen on here is the steering angle sensor, which can be messed up during install. You might want to bring that up with BPG before the install.