E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > BMW Dealer Reviews + Ratings Forum > Bob Smith BMW Dealership Review! (Calabasas, CA)

07-03-2006, 03:49 AM   #1
HappyG
Major
Rep
Drives: 06 BMW 330i / 6SP

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Bob Smith BMW Dealership Review! (Calabasas, CA)

I feel that after the excellent service from Bob Smith BMW, I?m impelled to take a few minutes and give them a review...

Located in Calabasas, CA (30mins North of Los Angeles), they are one of the few dealerships not located in a busy metro city. It's a really picturesque setting with rolling hills, affluent surrounding community, and great smooth freeways to and from to drive on!

I ordered a 330i from Jeff Kline, the internet sales manager. He is by FAR, the most professional, courteous straight forward CA you will EVER deal with. He's an older gent, with a lot of racing years under his belt. He's a true gear head, racing and winning at Daytona and Sebring! NO BS.

I did most of the transaction via email..I would say around 80%. I simply sent him an email asking for pricing, availability, etc. He responded the next business day with a great deal of information, and how my car does not exist in the Western region of the US. He asked if I'd like to order one, but suggested I come in for a test drive. Once I got there, I had his utmost attention, ignoring most calls and requests for his presence the entire time.

Felt no pressure, was never rushed, and frankly, was given the most easy going and relaxed test drive I've ever experienced.

I placed an order on 5/13, and took delivery of the vehicle on 6/30. Perfect from start to finish. Always given updates, and never kept in the dark. There were no bait and switch attempts, and was truly an awe inspiring experience.

He's one of those guys that treat you the way he's treated. If you're pushy, aggressive, or just plain foolish, find another CA. He's a straight shooter and doesn't sell BS. He loves his job, and it really shows.

If you need a personal referral, PM me immediately. I will take time out of my day to help you, because I know he's worth it. BMW's are great cars, but like many others have experienced, it's the dealership and CA that truly make the impact on the buyer. I knew that I wanted a BMW, I just needed to find the right dealership/CA. I feel like it was destiny ending up over there...I'm still giddy like a child if you can't tell...

Contact Information:

Jeff Kline
Internet Sales Manager
Bob Smith BMW MINI
jeff.kline@bobsmithbmw.com
800-bob-smith
310.455.2380 Mobile

I can't stress enough how happy and satisfied I am/was with the whole experience. To give others credit as well, I dealt with David from the finance department, and while it was mostly business, he was equally easy to deal with. No in and out service...answered every question that I had, explained each line on the application, and made sure I knew what I was signing my life away to.

Overall, a 10/10 experience. Jeff and the dealership WILL be receiving all 5's on the survey. No doubt whatsoever.

Hope this helps...

Jeff!

BTW, I have no affiliation with the dealership other then as a customer. This is my personal experience only.

Also, just to add this in there, their facility is fairly new. I think about 2 years old now. Their service bay area is PRISTINE. I would eat off of their floors, then roll around in them wearing a white suit. While it's out of my way, I will be taking my baby there when she needs mechanical attention. It is truly, a state of the art service bay.
________
Side effects from nexium

Last edited by HappyG; 05-17-2011 at 02:17 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2006, 07:26 PM   #2
67bmer
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 325is, e92 328i

Bob Smith, Calabasas

I was also extremely impressed with them.

I was there two weeks ago during my daughters graduation and wanted to ckeck them out. We are from MD.

They had great inventory, on the roof. They sent us up alone and let us check out the cars. I wanted to camapre the sports seats with the regular. Definitely the sports!

We met a salesman (tall, well over 6 ft, black guy). He was very nice, very low pressure, and the most knowledgable salesman I have run into so far.

I wish I could buy my BMW there.

Appreciate 0
      07-06-2006, 10:08 AM   #3
LarryK1000
Larry from Los Angeles
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

I agree 100%. I ordered my 2006 300i from Hamlet at Bob Smith and received it on June 2nd.

The entire process was just perfect and HAMLET is a wonderful gentleman.

The car arrived on time and in superb shape.

If you are anywhere near Los Angeles, you owe yourself a favor and should call Hamlet at Bob Smith and give him a chance to get your car for you.

Larry

("Still babying my car with only 650 miles on it !"

Appreciate 0
      07-06-2006, 03:55 PM   #4
COOLHAND
Rep
Drives: 330i, TiAg/Premium/Sport/Navi

Bought my car thru Jeff Kline in April & completely agree with everything HappyG says. Stand-up, low-key guy.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2006, 05:46 PM   #5
jmonier
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i E92, 2002 325i

Some more good words for Jeff Kline (Internet Sales Manager) at Bob Smith BMW in Calabasas.

I'm actually not going to order my car for 5 months but I emailed him asking about Performance Center Delivery. He responded promptly and professionally and provided all the information I needed without any pressure. He seems like a person I can have trust in to get everything right when I order.

jeff.kline@bobsmithbmw.com
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2006, 07:00 PM   #6
AcMilan714
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 328i, e36 325is.

My gf benz is going to be lemoned can she get a decent deal on a 325i? She is paying $402 a month 1800 down when leased.. I want her to get a Bmw because i will never buy a Mercedes unless its AMG ever in my life.
Appreciate 0