E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > All-Wheel-Drive (Xi / xDrive) Talk > Help me mod my first car 325xi

04-29-2009, 12:07 PM   #1
Stillmaticbeat
Rep
Drives: BMW

Help me mod my first car 325xi

I recently bought my first bimmer, a used 2006 325xi cpo with 37k miles on it + premium and cold packages. Its monaco blue with tan interior, came with 16inch runflats. I've never modded a car before because I drove hondas before this one but now I'd like to do some things that will improve look and driving.

1. The first thing I want to do is switch to a xenon kit from my halogen stock and do a corner delete. maybe put rd angel eyes in there too. I love the look of the corner delete.

2. I want new tires/rims. I want to go to 17s and get tires that are good in the winter and summer. I live in an area that has horrible winters so looks and functionality are equally important to me. Can anybody recommend a good set of wheels.

3. I am wondering if KW v3's would fit in my car. I'd like to lower the car a bit but not too much because I don't want to compromise driving in the winter and I wouldn't be a huge fan of going into the shop all the time to change the height on my car. but I hear this improves the handling a ton. If I don't lower it real low will I still get the same benefits to the handling?

4. chrome exhaust sleeves

5. 35% tints

For each point can you guys tell me what you think, your suggestions, and approx how much it would cost. I'm really new to this so if anything is not compatible or if you guys have a better suggestion please post. Thanks. I can't post pics of my car because I'm still at school and my car is at home :-( but thanks for all the help!
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2009, 12:25 PM   #2
LateBraking
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Relatively Quick.

All personal opinion. I'm bored.
1 sounds good.

2 you might want to go 18"s/19"s. 17"s just look too small on a 3 series. My friend ran 17"s before, and they weren't so great. He's running 19" CSL reps now, and they look great.

3 I'd think you'd probably be fine with KW V2's. Unfortunately, after totting around and taking a peek here and there, I've found that they only have V1 and V3 for xi (I think). About 2.1 grand from **********s, I've only ever heard good things about KW V3's.

4 Do a search on Cyba (Dvision autowerks), check out the tips he's selling. *Personally* I despise chrome. He has brushed aluminum tips, and also has anodized titanium ones, and I think they look great.

5 i'm looking at 45% front 35% rear. I have black interior, so I figured that's what's best for me.

Additional notes: Check out the M aero front lip and the Mtech rear bumpers. They look fantastic. I've seen both on friend's cars and they really set off the look of the car. Try not to chrome or rice, just go for a clean look. Get painted reflectors, that amber is freaking nasty.

In the end, just have fun with it.

Last edited by LateBraking; 04-29-2009 at 12:43 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2009, 12:30 PM   #3
LateBraking
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Relatively Quick.

Some guy's M-Tech rear with Cyba's brushed aluminum tips. (Single-sided duals sold too)

My friend's M-Aero front lip.

Also might want to check this out.
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...highlight=cyba

Last edited by LateBraking; 04-29-2009 at 12:51 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2009, 03:44 PM   #4
nomile
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 328xi; 318ti

Keep the 16's for the winter, and get a set of 18's for the summer. I'm in Colorado, and that combination works very well.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2009, 04:28 PM   #5
Stillmaticbeat
Rep

What set of 18's should I get? I'd like to put them on a set of BMW wheels
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2009, 04:46 PM   #6
Stillmaticbeat
Rep

http://accessories.bmwusa.com/ItemVi...=0&subItemId=5

what do you guys think of these performance wheels
WTF 5g's though thats crazy
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2009, 04:47 PM   #7
Master Deep
Captain
Rep
Drives: 06 325xi

Garage List
2006 325xi  [0.00]
Get a set of 18" 162's that someone is selling on this forum. They look amazing and they are relatively cheap if you only want OEM wheels. Plus since there is no lip, 18" looks the perfect size.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2009, 09:38 AM   #8
nomile
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 328xi; 318ti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Deep View Post
Get a set of 18" 162's that someone is selling on this forum. They look amazing and they are relatively cheap if you only want OEM wheels. Plus since there is no lip, 18" looks the perfect size.
That's what I did, and they look great. I was also considering the 197s.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2009, 11:37 AM   #9
bimdaddy
Major
Rep
Drives: 911 Carrera & G01 X3

I sold my 162s to someone with a 325 and they look amazing. If you don't want to mess with adjusting and re adjusting ride height, get Eibach Pro springs and you're done!
      05-23-2009, 08:40 AM   #10
MrDummy
→сяuisiиg iи му вмш←
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 Space Gray 328i

Garage List
2010 BMW 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillmaticbeat View Post
I recently bought my first bimmer, a used 2006 325xi cpo with 37k miles on it + premium and cold packages. Its monaco blue with tan interior, came with 16inch runflats. I've never modded a car before because I drove hondas before this one but now I'd like to do some things that will improve look and driving.

1. The first thing I want to do is switch to a xenon kit from my halogen stock and do a corner delete. maybe put rd angel eyes in there too. I love the look of the corner delete.

2. I want new tires/rims. I want to go to 17s and get tires that are good in the winter and summer. I live in an area that has horrible winters so looks and functionality are equally important to me. Can anybody recommend a good set of wheels.

3. I am wondering if KW v3's would fit in my car. I'd like to lower the car a bit but not too much because I don't want to compromise driving in the winter and I wouldn't be a huge fan of going into the shop all the time to change the height on my car. but I hear this improves the handling a ton. If I don't lower it real low will I still get the same benefits to the handling?

4. chrome exhaust sleeves

5. 35% tints

For each point can you guys tell me what you think, your suggestions, and approx how much it would cost. I'm really new to this so if anything is not compatible or if you guys have a better suggestion please post. Thanks. I can't post pics of my car because I'm still at school and my car is at home :-( but thanks for all the help!
HAHA I just got a used 325xi a few days ago and was going to ask these SAME questions?
Appreciate 0