Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > spacer needed w/162's and pss9's?

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

05-22-2009, 01:09 PM   #1
mrCBR600
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2007 e90

spacer needed w/162's and pss9's?

I am going to be installing my pss9's here within the month, and wanted to know if I should/need/can run spacers to get a good look/keep from rubbing....

I am going to leave the stock 18 oem 162's on there for now, until my runflats are worn out.. What do you guys think about spacer size and need?? Thanks for any feedback!!
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2009, 05:35 PM   #2
MrBEEF
Private
Rep
Drives: E90 Dinan

Sh!t - Me Too

Yeah man,

me too actually, this was the exact thing I was searching for. . . .

I am getting my TC Klines put on tomorrow.

I want to order some spacers, but not sure. i think I read a week ago that 15 should be the max. This one guy said he had 20mm spacers but he rubbed, but i can't remember if he had 162's or not.

I got a caliper . . going to see if I can make the measurement myself.

If I figure it out, I'll post back here.

Do the same if you figure it out too.

Or hopefully someone will post for us . . .

Also, pictures would be nice if anyone had some . .

thanx,

Peter
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2009, 05:49 PM   #3
CV335
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 MCS

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrCBR600 View Post
I am going to be installing my pss9's here within the month, and wanted to know if I should/need/can run spacers to get a good look/keep from rubbing....
I dont' know what's the width and offset of the 162's, but if you want to "keep from rubbing" against the fender, then the obvious asnwer is to not get spacers. Having said that, depending on 1) wheel offset 2) tire width 3)amount of drop, you might need spacers to avoid rubbing against the coilover. Most people get spacers either to avoid rubbing against the coilover/struts or for looks. For the first case you'll know for sure once you get the wheels mounted in which case the installer should tell you on the spot whether you need spacers or not.
Appreciate 0