BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast

EXXEL Distributions

05-25-2009, 02:19 PM   #1
M2381
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, GTI

2009 CFBMW Poker Run

June 6, 2009
Arrive at 9am

Starting Location
Bagel Bagel Cafe (UCF)
4498 North Alafaya Trail
Orlando, FL 32826
Official Sign up: http://cfbmw.org/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=8655

Last year there was some 90 cars and this year there is suppose to be around 100

Heres a FAQ I copy and pasted from the site

1Q) Is there a fee to participate in the PokerRun?
1A) No, no fee is required to drive in the run, the only money you may need is for dinner at the final stop. But remember this a charity event and donations for a great cause will be accepted throughout the run including registration.

2Q) How do I register for the PokerRun?
2A) Add your name to this thread, the "answer" button is at the the top of the Official Sign Up thread. We will register people on the day of the event.

3Q) How much money should I plan on bringing?
3A) Please bring $20 cash for the final stop, money to donate to The Russell Home, and money for drinks and other items.

4Q) How much are the official PokerRun T-shirts?
4A) T-shirt prices have yet to be determined, however they should be around $20. A portion of t-shirt sales will be donated to The Russell Home.

5Q) Will there be food and refreshments at the starting location?
5A) Yes! Bagel Bagel will be open for breakfast (the food is awesome, take it from a fat guy).

6Q) How will parking at the starting location work?
6A) We will section everyone into three groups (cruisers, daily drivers, spirited drivers). The SPIRITED will be released first and sectioned towards the front of the lot, with the CRUISER drivers towards the back of the lot.

7Q) How will I know how to get to the each stop?
7A) At Bagel Bagel, you will be given the directions to the first stop. At the first stop, you will be given directions to the 2nd stop. At the 2nd stop you will be given directions to the 3rd stop. At the 3rd stop you will be given directions to the 4th stop and 5th (final stop).

8Q) Can I open the envelopes after receiving them from each stop?
8A) NO! You will have to open your envelopes at the final destination in front of the judges. This ensures that no one is 'cheating.'

9Q) How will the hands be judged?
9A) You MUST have each envelope sealed. Any envelopes that appear to have been tampered with will be disqualified. When you arrive at the final destination, we will have a tent setup with the judges there to record your hands. You will show your envelopes to the judges, showing that you have ONE envelope from each location. Open your envelopes in front of the judges. We will record your name and your hands on a spreadsheet, so we have a record of everyones hands. (all these measures were decided on this year to curb cheating that was done in the past...)

10Q) Is there anything happening that evening?
10A) Probably, but exact details are not available yet.

11Q)Do we have to call our own hands? Or will the Judge(s) call the best set in the hand?
11A the judges will call the best hand, no poker knowledge necessary, we have the known poker experts of the group judging hands!

12Q)Is the food & drinks going to be next to the sponsors & registration ???
12A)No, Bagel Bagel is going to be open for business.

13Q)Is there away to post up the final location for anyone that cannot attend the run early, but might want to join us for dinner? I cannot think of any reason that would give anyone an advantage. Just a thought.
13A) nope! the final location is top secret...the whole point of a "poker run" is to go on the run...if you dont join us in the beginning ... you will have to call someone who has obtained a route ... if you want to "join" in later... and even then... those ppl will not have paid for dinner as we will be putting wrist bands on to those who have paid when they register that morning.

14Q)Do we have to stay in designated groups? I feel I am more of a spirited daily driver so would that put me in the back of the dailys?
14A nope! it is purely so you have a group to go with...feel free to go on your own if you want to navigate yourself...this is just b/c there were some complaints that ppl got lost with ppl who knew their way around and drove faster then some preferred.

http://www.cfbmw.org/