Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > TPMS inactive?

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

05-28-2009, 06:13 PM   #1
06RedGoat
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Sparkling Graphite 335i

TPMS inactive?

The TPMS on my car says it is inactive. I took it to BMW to pinpoint the cause. Instead of pinpointing the cause, they said since my wheels are aftermarket that TPMS doesn't work.

I tried to explain the wheels had TPMS installed, and worked fine for a year. They said they just reset the tire pressure, and that's all they could do because the wheels aren't OEM spec.

So, is there anyway to find out what the problem is since BMW won't tell me. It could be any one of the wheels that has a problem.
Appreciate 0