E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA > Worst Traffic Violations Post

06-03-2009, 11:11 AM   #1
SpmnE9zero
DENY THE WORLD THAT SURROUNDS YOU
United_States
Rep
Drives: JB 33ZERO

Garage List
2006 330xi  [0.00]
Worst Traffic Violations Post

I have had two unfortunate traffic viloations.

1) 80 in a 55, not using turn signals, following to closely, erratic lane changes, which all leads to wreckless driving. Fine was in the neibeorhood of $400.00. (I was very young in a ricer and cant say I didnt deserve that one)
Faught it, got some points knocked off, but had to take a written exam and saved two more points allowing me to keep my license.

2) 80 in a 65 (however was in a construction zone on the turn pike which dropped the speed limit to 55). I had my cruise set at 70 mph. I got pulled over the cop claimed I was at 80 mph. I got into a verbal dispute with him, asking to see his calibration records for his radar gun (you do have to the rite to see those btw) The cop would not let me see them so I told him I wasnt signing his citation, he got pissed and threatened to arrest me because of my attitude, I said go ahead because he was wrong and would then get him for wrongfull arrest. All said and done I tried to fight and and the judge through my case out because of my bad attitude toward the officer on the day of the so called traffic violation. I got all my points and fines. Total Assholes!!!! I swear I was not going 80 mph. Bitches F'ed me!
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2009, 11:20 AM   #2
KrysAlpineE92
Live, Love, E92
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 Alpine White E92

92 in a 55 stoned. Was let got with a seatbelt ticket. I thanked god after I left that place. I met the coolest cop in the world. His exact words were "man, I know these things are fast, but you just cant be doing that, when I was a kid we could get away with it, the roads are different now." He convinced me I wasn't wearing a seatbelt (I was and it was on me right in front of him), then just wrote me a ticket for that because he said "You can't leave here without a ticket".

I have slowed down a lot since then (never more than 5 over) . Back then I was in a intercooled twin-turbo G35 (my last car). It was around 470rwhp, I miss it...but there is no comparison between the luxury and interior quality between the two cars. It's night and day.

06-03-2009, 11:30 AM   #3
NYCGarbagePrince
Major
Rep
Drives: X6 50i

121 in a 70 on I75 in Florida. I had just picked up my car from its latest set of upgrades and was on my way to visit my girlfriends parents in Naples. I had no registration or insurance card in the car. Till this day I tell myself if I can get out of that situation without getting arrested I can talk my way out of anything. Especially a young man from NY driving a bmw in South Florida. I was a mile from my exit and I was stretching out my legs and he says he had been following me for quite some time. He said he would have pulled me over earlier for doing 90 but he had a "feeling" I had more in store.

Long story short, if I ever apply for a FL Drivers license I have to serve a 3 month suspension. Moral of the story, don't drive like an asshole(me) be smart and most of all be safe.. Driving that fast on public roads is irresponsible and stupid.

That's so funny I had a Turbonetics Single turbo 350z before i got the 335i.. Great engine that VQ was.. till i miss shifted and bent a valve and that was the end of that.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2009, 11:39 AM   #4
KrysAlpineE92
Live, Love, E92
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 Alpine White E92

damn man... impressive result tho. and I considered myself a frickin leprechaun for being so lucky

06-03-2009, 11:45 AM   #5
LiKWiD335xi
Anthony
Italy
Rep
Drives: '08 E90 335xi

In 2005...

94 in a 55 "Safe Corridor" zone, failure to stay to the right, tinted windows, license plate holder covering Garden State, and obstruction of view.

I deserved it 100%. He slapped me with all those extra tickets because I was a jerkoff. When he got to my car he said "Pardon me for interrupting your race plans." I replied that it takes two to race... He didn't like that. I didn't get a lawyer and worked out a bargain for 3 points and a $400 fine. Now I try to be polite as I can to cops since they can taser you for no reason...

06-03-2009, 11:50 AM   #6
K330i
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpmnE9zero View Post
I have had two unfortunate traffic viloations.

2) 80 in a 65 (however was in a construction zone on the turn pike which dropped the speed limit to 55). I had my cruise set at 70 mph. I got pulled over the cop claimed I was at 80 mph. I got into a verbal dispute with him, asking to see his calibration records for his radar gun (you do have to the rite to see those btw) The cop would not let me see them so I told him I wasnt signing his citation, he got pissed and threatened to arrest me because of my attitude, I said go ahead because he was wrong and would then get him for wrongfull arrest. All said and done I tried to fight and and the judge through my case out because of my bad attitude toward the officer on the day of the so called traffic violation. I got all my points and fines. Total Assholes!!!! I swear I was not going 80 mph. Bitches F'ed me!

wow.....you do know that not signing the ticket is a free ride to jail correct?
when you sign you are not admitting guilt it is only promissing that you will show up in court if you choose to do so.

on topic: pulled over 6 times in 15 years....no tickets. it's all about attitude.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2009, 11:59 AM   #7
PNF
Colonel
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: 15' YMB F80 M3

only 2? I must have like 7 or 8 in the past 6 years.

The 2 highest I went were

1) 92 in a 65 on I87 (I think it was I87, the one in NY connect to Montreal ) $300 fine + 5 points, which NY asked me to $60 / point. So, a total of $600 paid that year (in 2006 I think)

2) 88 in a 65 on NJ Turnpike (exist 7a, around there). Got a warning + a ticket for covered license plate. ($56 I think). This time I was lucky.

4-5 misc ones such as 38 in a 25, 42 in a 35, etc.. (incidentally, ALL OF the small ones are in Fort Lee, NJ... fuk)

Seriously, NJ/NY has the worst cops that they tail gate you and make you speed up. (thats what happened for my 38 in a 25, where the cop was literally on my azz and I sped up a little bit)

Interestingly, my insurance premium have been going down and never up..

2008 E92 335i (sold)
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2009, 12:00 PM   #8
SpmnE9zero
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 330xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by K330i View Post
wow.....you do know that not signing the ticket is a free ride to jail correct?
when you sign you are not admitting guilt it is only promissing that you will show up in court if you choose to do so.

on topic: pulled over 6 times in 15 years....no tickets. it's all about attitude.

Oh, I learned my lesson! I have a lot of friends who are police officers now, I have nothing against them, but this cop was just bold faced lying about my violation, there was a lot more to the story, like 6 other people waiting for their hearing that day and 4 of them had the exact same citation as me and they all said the same thing as me. Just a really bad day I guess.
Yah when I told him I wasnt signing his citation, he put his hand on his gun and unclipped it. He didnt like that very much.
At the hearing he told the judge I was adiment about seeing his calibration records so he said "if you want to see them, come back to the cruiser and I'll show you". That jerkoff never said that! Just a complete Asshole! Then I found out two weeks later my one buddy used to date his daughter, wish I had that info a little earlier!!! (Maybe)!
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2009, 12:08 PM   #9
SpmnE9zero
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 330xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by PNF View Post

1) 92 in a 65 on I87 (I think it was I87, the one in NY connect to Montreal ) $300 fine + 5 points, which NY asked me to $60 / point. So, a total of $600 paid that year (in 2006 I think)

2) 88 in a 65 on NJ Turnpike (exist 7a, around there). Got a warning + a ticket for covered license plate. ($56 I think). This time I was lucky.

4-5 misc ones such as 38 in a 25, 42 in a 35, etc.. (incidentally, ALL OF the small ones are in Fort Lee, NJ... fuk)

Seriously, NJ/NY has the worst cops that they tail gate you and make you speed up. (thats what happened for my 38 in a 25, where the cop was literally on my azz and I sped up a little bit)

Nah, more than two just the only ones really worth talking about!
Well I did give a cop the finger once while my brother was driving. He turned around and pulled us over, started asking if we had any hand grenades and stuff in the car, was pretty funny actually. Told me I could either take a lecture or a fine. I asked eagerly how much the fine was! Man was I a dumbass, He told me I was lucky he didnt drag me out of the car and beat me to death for being so cocky. I am surprised I have never been in jail!
I was a pretty rowdy kid from time to time. All better now! LOL. If you knew me now you would think I was a cuddly fella!
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2009, 01:14 PM   #10
kjrulz
Mastermind
Rep
Drives: girls krazy

94 in a 45 in a work zone (got out of it)

just got suspended for 3rd time. i dont know how many tickets i've gotten, but i know i have a stack of warnings at home.

not proud of myself...
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2009, 01:26 PM   #11
sbux
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 330i 06

most cops are a$$holes. i ran into one a$$ in PA. i drove into the shoulder lane (I didnt know it was very dark) and he pulled me over and yelled at me and gave me a ticket. FXXX his mother, I still didn't pay the ticket. I don't have PA license.

Dare to shoot me on my head! I hate them.

Quote:
Oh, I learned my lesson! I have a lot of friends who are police officers now, I have nothing against them, but this cop was just bold faced lying about my violation, there was a lot more to the story, like 6 other people waiting for their hearing that day and 4 of them had the exact same citation as me and they all said the same thing as me. Just a really bad day I guess.
Yah when I told him I wasnt signing his citation, he put his hand on his gun and unclipped it. He didnt like that very much.
At the hearing he told the judge I was adiment about seeing his calibration records so he said "if you want to see them, come back to the cruiser and I'll show you". That jerkoff never said that! Just a complete Asshole! Then I found out two weeks later my one buddy used to date his daughter, wish I had that info a little earlier!!! (Maybe)!
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2009, 01:28 PM   #12
sbux
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 330i 06

just told him "hey officer remember me, you lied and gave me a ticket the other day, and btw my friend slept with your daughter (insert name) and told me your daughter has a good body and showed me a picture. u wanna see the pic haha...go fxxx yourself.."

Quote:
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2009, 01:33 PM   #13
shocka1212
Philanthropist
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92

96 in a 50. begged and pleaded and walked away with no ticket.

234235 times for tints and no front plate in my old car. LOL prob like 6 or 7 tickets resulted from that

Improper passing (total BULLSHIT TICKET). cop was such an ahole. gave me both improper passing(4 points) and operating vehicle in unsafe manner. all this for passing a transit bus that did not pull over all the way on a street as wide as a friggen football field. $800 later, no points thanks to my lawyer.

twice pulled over for absolutely no reason by the same cop in 2 different cars. cop basically told me i looked awfully suspicious.LMAO. no tickets because i didnt do anything wrong on either occurance.

The 2011 3-Series coupe offering the infamous "Harmon Kardon Badging"
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2009, 01:35 PM   #14
SpmnE9zero
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 330xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbux View Post
just told him "hey officer remember me, you lied and gave me a ticket the other day, and btw my friend slept with your daughter (insert name) and told me your daughter has a good body and showed me a picture. u wanna see the pic haha...go fxxx yourself.."
Yah, not too sure that would have worked at all.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2009, 02:16 PM   #15
rooster3.0
Major
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

140 in a 55 and he let me go.

140+ in a 65, racing on a highway, and reckless. I wasn't so lucky that time. However, due to lack of discovery in an appropriate amount of time, I was just given a small fine and a long speech.
      06-03-2009, 02:33 PM   #16
shocka1212
Philanthropist
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooster3.0 View Post
140 in a 55 and he let me go.

140+ in a 65, racing on a highway, and reckless. I wasn't so lucky that time. However, due to lack of discovery in an appropriate amount of time, I was just given a small fine and a long speech.
you must have stepped in dog shit cus you sound lucky. i know a few cops and they all tell me the same thing. if they catch someone doing over 100, they dont even worry bout the tickets, they call the tow truck

Appreciate 0
      06-03-2009, 02:40 PM   #17
SpmnE9zero
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 330xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by shocka1212 View Post
you must have stepped in dog shit cus you sound lucky. i know a few cops and they all tell me the same thing. if they catch someone doing over 100, they dont even worry bout the tickets, they call the tow truck
I know, right?!
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2009, 03:16 PM   #18
rooster3.0
Major
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by shocka1212 View Post
Oh yeah. I was very lucky these 2 times.
      06-03-2009, 03:38 PM   #19
SpmnE9zero
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 330xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rooster3.0 View Post
Oh yeah. I was very lucky these 2 times.
I have gotten out of a few myself, but not like that! Cops around here have zero tollerance for people messin around in cars and once you hit 100mph or better they are all over your ass!
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2009, 03:39 PM   #20
shocka1212
Philanthropist
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I have gotten out of a few myself, but not like that! Cops around here have zero tollerance for people messin around in cars and once you hit 100mph or better they are all over your ass!
fastest ive ever passed a cop without getting pulled over was like 85 once and thats because traffic was moving unusually fast.

Appreciate 0
      06-03-2009, 03:45 PM   #21
ejazbmw
blahhh
Rep
Drives: 2014 M235I

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNF View Post

lol yeah that happened to me a few times like they'll speed up to catch you and then tail gate you to see if you speed up but i always look for the lights in there front grill so i usually just go into the right lane.

I don't know but i have like a 6th sense for cops lol i always get a odd feeling when i think there behind me and so far no speeding tickets :knock on wood:
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2009, 04:04 PM   #22
ToadHollow
Once upon a time ......
Italy
Rep
Drives: 2008 JB E92 - SOLD 5/2010

Garage List
2008 E92 335i  [8.00]
123 in a 55 zone driving thru the Grapevine of N. Cali. CHP plane clocked me and when I saw the CHP cruiser sitting up ahead of me I just pulled in behind hime. There was like NO traffic out there that day ...... $180 fine back in 1992.

Appreciate 0