New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BMW Z4 Forum (E89) > E89 Z4 Photos / Video / Media Gallery

07-11-2009, 07:59 AM   #1
lomay
Private
Rep
Drives: S23i

Welcome the new Z4 to Hong Kong

Hi guys!

As requested, let me post a few shots of my S23i which I collected yesterday.

As you can see, she only got 17" 292 wheels which looks nice but not the best wheels that I would like to have. However, I still found she did jump a bit on our poorly surfaced roads. So guys in Hong Kong who got 18" and 19" wheels please tell us how you feel.

She got 50 Km on the clock when I collected her and had been driven her for a 100 km since then. That included motorways and twisty/narrow roads on Island South.

Tyres and brakes are still not at their best condition and should improve later. Handling is no complain and you have to get used to the long bonnet for entering tight corners. Found quite a difference between normal and sport mode. Have not tried sport+ yet. Steering got heavier right away and engine rev and throttle give you a very sporty feel especially when the roof or windows are down and the sound is nice. Therefore the sound of 30i and 35i must be very very nice.

Tyres for 17" is RE 050 A "I" (225/45 91w front; 255/40 94 w at the rear) made in Poland in week 12/14 2009. So, it must be G2...... not G3 RFT

I thought there was only 050 A and 050 A II, now there is the 050 A I ...... there are just so many versions.....

The first modification that I have done is to turn the ash tray into a coin box!! This is the 3rd BMW that I have done so!! BECAUSE they do not allow us to have any option to get ride of the ash tray or smoker pack even thought you insist not to have!!

I have also took away the 2 heavy tow bars which we have no use at all in the city and leave the only tool, a screw driver, in the car. Not equipped with a jack of course with RFT.

The boot is actually not small. Done some measurement and surely you can place a 60cm H x 78 L x 26 W average size suitcase with roof down.

My car is the 2nd batch that arrived here. So there should be about 30 plus Z4s on the road by now. Hope those guys who are still waiting for their cars won't have to wait too long.........

Oh, there was some noise from the back after open and close the roof a few times it seems disappear...
but when she hit the potholes on the road.......it seems you got all kinds of noise from everywhere....

Anyway, will report further when more milage has been done
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-11-2009, 08:49 AM   #2
WP
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Z4 sDrive 35i

Thank you for your post. Your car looks very nice.

How about the standard seats? Is that comfortable so far? I am little bit worried about the noise problem as i heard many of you guys got this complain.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2009, 09:09 AM   #3
lomay
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by WP View Post
Thank you for your post. Your car looks very nice.

How about the standard seats? Is that comfortable so far? I am little bit worried about the noise problem as i heard many of you guys got this complain.
The standard seats are fine as I don't have very long legs. I did not pick the sport seats because you know they charge nearly US$1900 extra which is far too much. Instead I opted for the US$850 lumbar support which I think is more worthwhile.

Oh, one more thing. I thought the USB+Aux In was standard as I saw it on the demo car. I was wrong as I only got the Aux In which is not ideal for iPod.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2009, 09:15 AM   #4
Mark
Administrator
Rep
Drives: 1M

Garage List
beautiful! Congratulations on the new addition to the family
      07-11-2009, 09:45 AM   #5
fxhomie
Mr. Bahnbnr
United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi A4, BMW 330Ci Conv. ZHP

Ivory White is nice. Congrats...
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2009, 10:27 AM   #6
Otago
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 09 Z4 sDrive 30i manual

Nice colour but the interior is bit light for me, I am sure you are going to have a lot of cleaning to do. The rough ride experience you had is not the size of the wheels but the RFTs. Changing the wheel size will not change the comfort of the ride, I guess. I was told there was less than ten arrived in HK so far and I was the first customer to order the manual version.

I am so anxious to know followings, could you check it for me please.
1. Could you open and close the roof using the remote key (without the comfort access option)?
2. Any advice from the dealer on run-in period?
3. How’s km per litre of petrol?
4. How’s the performance Hi-fi loudspeaker system?

Thanks. Enjoy your new babe.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2009, 11:30 AM   #7
clwwong
Private
Rep
Drives: cayman

Quote:
Originally Posted by lomay View Post
The standard seats are fine as I don't have very long legs. I did not pick the sport seats because you know they charge nearly US$1900 extra which is far too much. Instead I opted for the US$850 lumbar support which I think is more worthwhile.

Oh, one more thing. I thought the USB+Aux In was standard as I saw it on the demo car. I was wrong as I only got the Aux In which is not ideal for iPod.
Thanks dude! nice car!! I was going to opt the lumbar support too, but my salesman told me there is no lumbar option in hk I have also noticed the usb in the demo car too... and I have asked the very same salesman about the usb/ipod opt but he told this is not avaliable in hk
anyway, have you opt the M-suspension (M-gear)? if so, how was it?
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2009, 01:18 PM   #8
tiborakos
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Z4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otago View Post
N
4. How’s the performance Hi-fi loudspeaker system?
i do not think it has the HiFi loudspeaker -it comes with the iDrive i believe- but rather the standard one. How is the performance please?
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2009, 06:41 PM   #9
Otago
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Hifi loudspeaker system is standard for HK version.
Below is 30i standard configuration:

Standard Equipment
Dynamic / Comfort
6-speed sport automatic transmission with steptronic. -------(manual available, -HK$5000)
Automatic air-conditioning including automatic air-recirculation control.
Electric front seats adjustment with memory for driver's seat.
EWS III anti-theft warning device and electronic immobilizer.
Integrated BMW AM/FM Professional RDS receiver with CD player. Hifi loudspeaker system. BMW 6-CD changer.
Interior and foldable exterior mirror with automatic anti-dazzle function.
Lights package.
Rain sensor and automatic driving lights control.
Roll-over protection system.
Storage compartment package.
Exterior
BMW light alloy wheels Multi spoke 293: front: 8J x 18 wheels with 225/40 R18 runflat tyres, rear: 8.5J x 18 wheels with 255/35 R18 runflat tyres.
Metallic or non-metallic colour.
Park Distance Control for front and rear (PDC).
Interior
Interior trim finishers aluminium, finely brushed lengthwise or Fine wood ash grain.
Leather Kansas upholstery.
Sports leather steering wheel with gearshift paddles and multifunction.
Velour floor mats.

Safety
Bi-Xenon headlights.
Cornering Brake Control (CBC).
Driver and front passenger airbags.
Dynamic Stability Control (DSC).
Side airbags for driver and front passenger.

Manufacturer's warranty for the first 24 months / unlimited mileage and distributor's maintenance service package for the first 12 months / unlimited mileage
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2009, 07:32 PM   #10
Jason
Administrator
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Congrats she's a beauty!! Take some photos against some of the stunning HK city skyline for us when you have a chance.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2009, 09:11 PM   #11
lomay
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
Congrats she's a beauty!! Take some photos against some of the stunning HK city skyline for us when you have a chance.
Many thanks guys for the kind words! No doubt she is a real beauty and fun to drive even only a 23i The fact is, how fast can you go for guys like us living in a crowded city? Most of the time will be stop and go

Let me try to answer the questions/comments posted so far :-

1. Don't be mistaken for the colour of the seats, may be it is the sunlight effect. It is beige, not design white. Amongst many many options restriction imposed to HK customers Design White can only be ordered on 35i. If I want a black Z4, I will go for Design White as it must look gorgeous but you have a hell of a cleaning job - both inside and ourside!

2. Again here in HK, can only have a 6 speaker system on 23i 11 speakers on 30i and 14 speakers on 35i NO upgrade even you wanted to pay more One day, we should open a new thread to debate whether BMW should sack all those marketing/sales guys which only know how to put off customers

3. Sure you can have lumbar support!! I paid HK$3600 + 85% tax for it!! 'clwwong', go and shoot your agent.

4. Of course you can order the USB/Aux In. I didn't because I really thought it is included Anyway we have the 6 CD changer in all models as standard. For that, clwwong, you can shot your agent for the second time

5. I didn't opt the M-suspension, they charge just too..... much for the options, the i-drive.......comfort access..... and if I want the 18" wheels, that will cost me something like US$ 4 to 5K EXTRA Fine. If BMW does not want our business, let us buy OZ, BBS or Rays.......

6. Right, remote key without comfort access. Yes, can open the roof by pressing the remote key but not closing. If you want to close the roof when you are outside the car, you have to insert the "metal" key into the key hole on the driver door. I still have to find out whether I can close the windows using the remote key just like other BMWs....

7. 2000Km Run-in period and don't go over 4500 rpm are stated in the manual. So far I kept it under 4000 rev which was good enough

8. I have to fill a full tank and mark some figures before I can report on the fuel consumption for our city use.

Enough for now, have a nice day
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2009, 11:07 PM   #12
clwwong
Private
Rep

thanks for ans!!
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2009, 11:58 PM   #13
tiborakos
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Z4

thx vm for the updates... On "2." how do u find the performance of the 6 speaker stereo? On "3." since you installed it, do you find it a must? how does it work?

enjoy!

Quote:

2. Again here in HK, can only have a 6 speaker system on 23i 11 speakers on 30i and 14 speakers on 35i NO upgrade even you wanted to pay more One day, we should open a new thread to debate whether BMW should sack all those marketing/sales guys which only know how to put off customers

3. Sure you can have lumbar support!! I paid HK$3600 + 85% tax for it!! 'clwwong', go and shoot your agent.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2009, 02:57 AM   #14
lomay
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiborakos View Post
thx vm for the updates... On "2." how do u find the performance of the 6 speaker stereo? On "3." since you installed it, do you find it a must? how does it work?

enjoy!
You are welcome

6 speaker is just ok since the cabin is small. If you want to have same level of music while open top? No way! There are just lots of noises around traffic, wind, tyre.... except you want to force all the pedestrians to enjoy your music, go for the 14 speaker

The lumbar support helps a bit for a young at heart like me I paid (US$850) for it ..... not really value for money.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2009, 07:59 AM   #15
WP
Enlisted Member
Rep

Our dealer is so bad i think. No any flexibility to choose what we like. I like the way of dealers in US or Europe. They set a basic price and you just need to pay the options you like. In one day, we should let German headquarter know how bad our dealer is.

I also ordered lumbar support (i paid same cost as lomay mentioned) as i think it is important to keep you comfortable. It is a extra button with four directions. 'clwwong', i think your salesman didn't want to do more job, just told you it is not available in HK or he knew nothing about the options.

Comfort access - why we need to pay this option if this spending is just for closing the roof inside the car. It seems it's not reasonable. But, it is fine i didn't pay it.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2009, 10:35 PM   #16
lomay
Private
Rep

Confirmed that you cannot use your remote to close the windows in case you forgotten to close them before you get off the car ...... have to use the metal key instead!!! Cannot believe it!!! Even very cheap cars have this function!

I am not sure about those with the comfort access.

Other than this, I enjoyed the drive very much.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2009, 11:26 PM   #17
Otago
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Hi Lomay, tks for the info. One more question

How much you paid for the car insurance, any best deal in town? my NCB is 60%.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2009, 12:06 AM   #18
richard in NC
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 Z4 35i

Quote:
Confirmed that you cannot use your remote to close the windows in case you forgotten to close them before you get off the car ...... have to use the metal key instead!!! Cannot believe it!!! Even very cheap cars have this function!

It works for me. In very close proxemity. I do have CA.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2009, 02:25 AM   #19
WP
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:

What's metal key?? Is this an extra key you got from dealer?
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2009, 02:37 AM   #20
lomay
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otago View Post
Hi Lomay, tks for the info. One more question

How much you paid for the car insurance, any best deal in town? my NCB is 60%.
I insured with Allianz thru the BMW agent.
60%NCB, 9.1K for my 23i, your 30i might be a bit more.
6.5K for general excess; 5K each for Y&I, unnamed driver and 3K for windscreen.
Zurich quoted 10K and excess much more.
Zurich won't let me have 60%NCB on all cars under my name but Allianz can.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2009, 02:46 AM   #21
lomay
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by WP View Post
What's metal key?? Is this an extra key you got from dealer?
This metallic key is integrated with your remote control.
You slide it out from the middle of the remote and in fact you seldom use it.

But now I have to use it for closing the window "MANUALLY".
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2009, 03:42 AM   #22
clwwong
Private
Rep

Hi lomay, how is your car? any short review?
Appreciate 0