E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Hawaii > Somebody tried to run me off the road today.

07-11-2009, 10:13 PM   #1
808MGuy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 M3

Somebody tried to run me off the road today.

I was passing Sam Club in Pearl City on my way to the H2 on-ramp. He was coming out of the side road near the twin towers. He comes out into traffic causing me to hit the brakes pretty hard and I got to within about 1 car length of the rear bumper of his black F-150. He moves into the left lane and then as I pass him in the right lane he makes a hard swerve into the right lane to try to run me off the road. Luckily he didn't actually try to hit me but I think he was either trying to get me to swerve into the side of the mountain or just scare me. I swerved a little bit when I saw him move over but then just took off to get away from that dumb ass.

Funny thing, my mom also said she witnessed someone actually get run into the concrete barrier at the Waipahu cutoff near the H1/H2 split. Another ford truck ran a small car off the right lane and into the crash barriers at the Waipahu exit. My mom stayed behind the truck long enough to get the plate and then pulled off and called the cops. Don't know what happened to the girl driving the car. According to my mom, the guy in the truck was celebrating and clapping while driving away. I hope that guy goes to jail.
      07-12-2009, 03:19 AM   #2
spyderco10
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW E92 M3 6MT

man that's pretty messed. bunch of crazy people out there.
- John 3:16
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2009, 03:33 AM   #3
808E90
808E90
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 ///M

Was this after the meet? ... Thats is just crazy and stupid!!
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2009, 03:45 AM   #4
MotoMojo
Professional Lounger
United_States
Rep
Drives: A piece

That's INSANE! I've never experienced this type of intentional aggression on the road..

Dudes in trucks, man... Did he have a sweet-ass lift kit on it or what?
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2009, 05:59 AM   #5
808MGuy
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808E90 View Post
Was this after the meet? ... Thats is just crazy and stupid!!
Not right after. It was after I left my dentist's office at around 12:30.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoMojo View Post
That's INSANE! I've never experienced this type of intentional aggression on the road..

Dudes in trucks, man... Did he have a sweet-ass lift kit on it or what?
No lift. The trunk was pretty new and stock. Yeah I don't know what it is with guys in trucks. Seems like a lot of them have small man syndrome as they are constantly trying to race or overtake cars when they really shouldn't be and then get pissed when you're not interested or just blow by them.
      07-12-2009, 04:55 PM   #6
haynstyle335i
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 e90 335i

thats F@$%% whack!! some idiots don't deserve a license. do you remember his license plate?? if you want to get him let me know; i haven't knocked out teeth in awhile. let me know.....
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2009, 09:08 PM   #7
808MGuy
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by haynstyle335i View Post
thats F@$%% whack!! some idiots don't deserve a license. do you remember his license plate?? if you want to get him let me know; i haven't knocked out teeth in awhile. let me know.....
I didn't bother to get the plate since I just wanted out of there and there was no damage done. As far as the girl who got run off the road near the Waipahu exit, I hope they got that guy but haven't heard anything about it.
      07-16-2009, 11:20 PM   #8
C17MooseDriver
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 AW M3 6MT

I just had a similar incident on the waipahu exit also. Some chick almost rear ended me. We were doing about 35 on the offramp because of traffic, this girl must have been doing around 70. I saw her in the rear view then she slammed on the brakes. Freaked me out.

Then she accelerates on the left lane again then slams on the brakes, for no reason with no traffic around her. Then accelerates again, slams on the brakes again. Then drives over the dirt medium and makes an illegal uturn then slams on the gas again. I think she was coked out or something.

I knew she would probaby not have insurance, or if she did, it wouldn't be enough to cover the damages to my car. According to a news report, over 25% of drivers in HI are uninsured.
      07-16-2009, 11:55 PM   #9
spyderco10
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW E92 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by C17MooseDriver View Post
I just had a similar incident on the waipahu exit also. Some chick almost rear ended me. We were doing about 35 on the offramp because of traffic, this girl must have been doing around 70. I saw her in the rear view then she slammed on the brakes. Freaked me out.

Then she accelerates on the left lane again then slams on the brakes, for no reason with no traffic around her. Then accelerates again, slams on the brakes again. Then drives over the dirt medium and makes an illegal uturn then slams on the gas again. I think she was coked out or something.

I knew she would probaby not have insurance, or if she did, it wouldn't be enough to cover the damages to my car. According to a news report, over 25% of drivers in HI are uninsured.
What, we need to have insurance?
- John 3:16
Appreciate 0