E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > iPhone 2G cradle!

07-22-2009, 05:35 PM   #1
ViperJPB
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 335i

Garage List
2009 E90 335i  [0.00]
iPhone 2G cradle!

So I ran a search and got a lot of conflicting information. I have on my 09 335i both the iPod and USB adapter (6FL), smartphone integration (6NF), and the required ZPP 639 BMW assist with Bluetooth system. Bought the iPhone 2G cradle and all it does is charge the phone!! No music playback or control of the phone in any other way! After over $700 for all these upgrades shouldn't the phone be able to play music from the cradle!? Am I missing something? I have a 2G iphone and when I connect directly to the iPod adapter it comes up immediatly and will play music, but in the $150 cradle it just charges.
I talked to the dealer and sort of got the run around. They said the cradle will only charge the phone and integrate the contacts...plus allow the music to be copied off the phone. Well the contacts sync over bluetooth and the music can never be copied off the phone...even with the iPod adapter, do to DRM issues and iTunes. I recieved an email today for the 3G cradle from BMW that specifically says it allows you to play music off the phone. Is that capability of the cradle only a 3G iphone thing? The Photo on my iPhone cradle manual and the BMW email shows the Smart Phone integration base with the iPhone cradle snapped onto that base. The base has a button that lets you switch out the cradle for others. That button on both the iPhone cradle manual and the BMW email has a USB insignia on it....however mine only has an arrow. Any help or clarification would be greatly appreciated! I go in on Monday to tackle the issue with the dealer. Thanks.

2009 E90 335i 6AT / Procede / Vishnu DCI / Space Gray / Oyster Dakota Leather / Light Burl Walnut /
/ Sport, Premium, Cold Weather Pkg / Paddle Shifters / iDrive / Logic 7 / Park Distance / Comfort Access / iPhone Port/
Appreciate 0