E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > BMW Dealer Reviews + Ratings Forum > BMW of Freehold (NJ) - :thumbsdown

08-22-2009, 05:00 PM   #1
mjsbmw
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 535xi Luxury

BMW of Freehold (NJ) - :thumbsdown

BMW of Freehold NJ

This dealership continues to have a horrible reputation with respect to sales. The attitude of the sales management team is that they believe that they own the market (when there are many BMW stores in the NY Meto area) and are simply arrogant in their business tactics.

The attitude starts from the top with a GM who thinks that it is the customers fault as opposed to accepting that in this business climate, the GM should try to help make the sale. He came from DCH Toyota and it shows.

Their CSI still stinks and I wonder why. Go somewhere else if you want to have a great experience.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2009, 06:38 PM   #2
vgame64
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i

I beg to differ.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2009, 02:56 PM   #3
thatsosm
Miracle Whip
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 e90 AW335i

To be honest with you way before it was bmw of freehold, they were still the most expensive bmw dealership around here. And nothing has changed, and I still go there, they seem to tend my requests well so I shall go to them for now. But i heard they arent cool when you mod your car, and I am thinking of putting on dp's so maybe I will need to find a new dealer.
      10-04-2009, 03:22 PM   #4
vgame64
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexosma View Post
To be honest with you way before it was bmw of freehold, they were still the most expensive bmw dealership around here. And nothing has changed, and I still go there, they seem to tend my requests well so I shall go to them for now. But i heard they arent cool when you mod your car, and I am thinking of putting on dp's so maybe I will need to find a new dealer.
I find the prices decent if you get a good sales guy and spend time working on the numbers with him/her. As for modding, go to JMK or somewhere there is an E90post hookup (ie Sal@Paul Miller). Freehold, Open Rd, and Circle have all given friends of mine hassle for modding (and one of em works at the dealer!)

And if it means anything, Freehold was included on BMW's best dealerships list (though that may be a good or bad thing depending on how you read into it).
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2009, 05:06 PM   #5
thatsosm
Miracle Whip
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 e90 AW335i

They do have good service, I'm not going to lie, Ive got Dave as my SA, hes a pretty cool dude. I do have hookups there as well in the sales department, but their prices seemed really high back when I was searching to lease.
      10-04-2009, 06:45 PM   #6
vgame64
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexosma View Post
They do have good service, I'm not going to lie, Ive got Dave as my SA, hes a pretty cool dude. I do have hookups there as well in the sales department, but their prices seemed really high back when I was searching to lease.
Ah, gotchya. I don't know much about leasing so no comment on that aspect.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2009, 07:17 PM   #7
ADVANT123
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjsbmw View Post
BMW of Freehold NJ

This dealership continues to have a horrible reputation with respect to sales. The attitude of the sales management team is that they believe that they own the market (when there are many BMW stores in the NY Meto area) and are simply arrogant in their business tactics.

The attitude starts from the top with a GM who thinks that it is the customers fault as opposed to accepting that in this business climate, the GM should try to help make the sale. He came from DCH Toyota and it shows.

Their CSI still stinks and I wonder why. Go somewhere else if you want to have a great experience.

+1

I've been "trying" to do business with these guys for the last 10 years and they continue to disappoint.... I've had good experience with Park Ave BMW in Maywood, NJ, but it's soo far from this area. I bought my 09 335xi from Circle BMW and the experience was just "OK".
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2009, 06:52 PM   #8
ankman
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 330xi

BMW of Freehold and Bloomfield BMW are partners...I had issues with the sales staff at Bloomfield BMW...they wouldnt negotiate off the sticker price.. who pays sticker price especially in a recession. i walked out and bought from someone else.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2009, 08:50 AM   #9
mjsbmw
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 535xi Luxury

I was just at Freehold BMW today. Why, why , why.

This the worst dealership I have ever experienced. Poor attitude towards customer service and I have purchased several cars at this dealership over the years.

I was just there today with my 2008 328xi for wiper blade inserts and they refused to do it with an attitude because my new 2010 535xi was purchased elsewhere.

This is because management was pissed that I went to Open Road where my needs were met and my satisfaction there is very high.

Stupid, stupid, stupid.

So, Freehold's winning combination is higher selling prices, poor attitude, old facility and immaturity just draws me to go back to them time after time.

Someone at BMW NA, please pull their franchise and put them out of their misery and put some principals / operators who know how to run a business and understand the value of customer satisfaction.

Regard to all.
Appreciate 0