E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > BMW Dealer Reviews + Ratings Forum > Bad experience at BMW Autohaus on Steeles in Toronto

09-06-2009, 11:15 AM   #1
drewhmryca
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4

Bad experience at BMW Autohaus on Steeles in Toronto

While visiting my fiancé in Toronto over the past week, I convinced her that she should look at a BMW as a replacement for her vehicle which would shortly be going off lease. Currently, I live in Monterey, California, am on my second Z4 lease, and plan to repeat again when my lease expires next April.

The local California dealership, BMW of Monterey has always treated me with the highest degree of courtesy and respect, in regards delivery date, sales and service. I naturally anticipated the same degree of courtesy from BMW Autohaus on Steeles, and so on Tuesday of last week, we stopped into Autohaus in the early evening.

A suitable automobile was in stock, and arrangements were made for delivery on Friday, September 5. The salesperson, Larry was great, but we had less than a stellar experience with his sales manager Mr. (first initial) M who tried to sell us unnecessary tire warranties. The process was all downhill from that point.

The rest of the week was a nightmare, as Autohaus repeatedly stalled on the agreement, and each phone call introduced a new and bizarre element, shifting, morphing and changing the original written sales agreement. The sense of trust, and that warm and fuzzy feeling disappeared very quickly. The treatment that we received from the various layers of management was both rude and discourteous and would have been rare even for a stereotypical 1950’s fly by night used car lot.

Needless to add, the car was not delivered by the date stated on the sales contract, and because of other complex details, my fiancé will be filing a human rights violation complaint against Ms. F., Mr. (first initial) M, Mr. (first initial) C, and Autohaus on Steeles.

As a loyal BMW owner, it has seriously undermined the image that I have in my mind of this company, and of the local Toronto dealership which is supposed to maintain the high standards of BMW.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2009, 11:40 AM   #2
Lummer535i
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2008 535i

Drewhmryca,

Sorry to hear that you had a bad experience at BMW Autohaus.

I use to service my 325i there when they were on Highway 7 in Markham. They were good 9 years ago.

When I bought my 535i, I checked them out at their Steeles Ave. location and found them to be less than what I expected from BMW.

I ended up buying from Budds BMW in Oakville (50 miles away) because I felt the service and customer experience met my expectations. They are also an authorized Dinan dealer.

Buying experience was excellent. Car was delivered on time. Purchase contract was simple and uneventful. Declined the many service packages but did take the wheel and tire service as I had purchased two sets of wheels and tires.

Cheers!
2008 535i: Black Sapphire | Black Dakota Leather | Dark Poplar Wood Trim | Lane Departure Warning | Navigation | HUD | Voice | Active Cruise | Active Steering | Active Roll | Comfort Access | Comfort Seats | PDC | Logic 7 | Ski Bag | Heated Seats F/R | Heated Steering Wheel | iPod / USB | Summer Wheels: OEM 17” M244 | Winter Wheels: OEM 17” M116 | Build Date: 11/07 | Acquired: 03/09
Appreciate 0