E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA > sound system question

09-06-2009, 07:09 PM   #1
i own an e90
chief general
Rep
Drives: e90 white on black manual 6spd

sound system question

whats up guys...i just recently got my soound system installed from these guys mobile addiction.....i have a 2006 325xi sedan...i know for a fact that my stock system sounds awesome..sounded like i didn't need a system ..but i wanted to boost up the bass so i added one mtx 12" and a rockford fosgate amp...well here's my situation and wanted to know if this was normal ...

one, when they finisshed installing my sound system....the only time my mtx would work if my car is fully turned on ....when the car is off and just turned on the accessory ..my subs sound system (mtx) wouldn't work .. but the interior speakers would still work w/ no bass at all.....so basically, when that happens ...shouldn't my stock bmw system be the same sound when i first bought the car....but all i hear is vocals ......but when my car is fully turned on my subs would work and it works great .....

but my question to u guys ..is this normal?? shouldn't my stock interiors be the same as when the car is purchased from a bmw dealer even though installing a sound system (12" subs and an amp) ...or does it cancel it out the stock amp that we have when installing another sound system..... im new to this ..if u guys could give me a good explanation..that'd be great..maybe these guys did suttin wrong..
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2009, 11:10 PM   #2
RevC
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: a couple fast toys

Quote:
Originally Posted by i own an e90 View Post
whats up guys...i just recently got my soound system installed from these guys mobile addiction.....i have a 2006 325xi sedan...i know for a fact that my stock system sounds awesome..sounded like i didn't need a system ..but i wanted to boost up the bass so i added one mtx 12" and a rockford fosgate amp...well here's my situation and wanted to know if this was normal ...

one, when they finisshed installing my sound system....the only time my mtx would work if my car is fully turned on ....when the car is off and just turned on the accessory ..my subs sound system (mtx) wouldn't work .. but the interior speakers would still work w/ no bass at all.....so basically, when that happens ...shouldn't my stock bmw system be the same sound when i first bought the car....but all i hear is vocals ......but when my car is fully turned on my subs would work and it works great .....

but my question to u guys ..is this normal?? shouldn't my stock interiors be the same as when the car is purchased from a bmw dealer even though installing a sound system (12" subs and an amp) ...or does it cancel it out the stock amp that we have when installing another sound system..... im new to this ..if u guys could give me a good explanation..that'd be great..maybe these guys did suttin wrong..
lol, shiot that was a lil confusing, but your saying your running a mtx sub to the stock amp (powered by another amp), so your line tapped into the stock amp? did the shop install bass blocks in the interior speakers? is the mtx amp connected to a remote turn on wire, or power sensing? i don't think any of it is normal, see if they tweaked with the factory amp at all, sometimes they do and it throws off everything.
i had a lot of audio quality/fidelity problems when i installed my old sub in my car, but found a solution from JL audio, its called the cleansweep and it does wonders for factory integration, look into it asap, it will fix all these problems your facing.

SGM e92 335xi|Helix|AFE|AWE|PROCEDE|SYNAPSE|ER|OSS|BMW PERFORMANCE|P3|always growing..
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2009, 12:33 AM   #3
JayKay335i
Banned
Egypt
Rep
Drives: ///M323 DCT

Yeah....They need the remote turn on wired to something that turns on with the accessory rather than when the cur is fully turned on. Go to the audio section. Plenty about that as well as where you can wire it.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2009, 10:02 AM   #4
i own an e90
chief general
Rep

to tell u the truth guys....i didnt see what they were doing....but i saw them messing around w/ my stock amp ...tapping something in my stock amp.....but, it sounds like my amp and subs is tapped in to a car engine....cuz my subs only turns on when the engine is on....lolz.....does any shop in new jersey would be able to look into my problem...or i dont even know if its a problem ...just making sure..i'd like my subs and amp is setup properly..and my interior speakers sound like it should be when i first bought the car ...
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2009, 10:03 AM   #5
i own an e90
chief general
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayKay335i View Post
Yeah....They need the remote turn on wired to something that turns on with the accessory rather than when the cur is fully turned on. Go to the audio section. Plenty about that as well as where you can wire it.
i guess..but im not trying to do it myself..hehehe i migght mess other stuff up..lol
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2009, 10:06 AM   #6
Alex@AKMotorwerk
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 AW F10 535i

Quote:
to tell u the truth guys....i didnt see what they were doing....but i saw them messing around w/ my stock amp ...tapping something in my stock amp.....but, it sounds like my amp and subs is tapped in to a car engine....cuz my subs only turns on when the engine is on....lolz.....does any shop in new jersey would be able to look into my problem...or i dont even know if its a problem ...just making sure..i'd like my subs and amp is setup properly..and my interior speakers sound like it should be when i first bought the car ...
Ask for Ron...

The Finishing Touch
50 Morris Street
Morristown, NJ 07960
(973) 538-3111‎
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2009, 10:16 AM   #7
Craig@SupremePower
G.O.A.T.!
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 GMC Yukon XL

Lol we tried tellin him that...
Quote:
Originally Posted by nj323ci View Post
Ask for Ron...

The Finishing Touch
50 Morris Street
Morristown, NJ 07960
(973) 538-3111‎
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2009, 10:19 AM   #8
Alex@AKMotorwerk
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 AW F10 535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig@SupremePower View Post
ohh... HAHA... didn't even notice it was the same guy.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2009, 10:27 AM   #9
i own an e90
chief general
Rep

yah ima call this week ....and explain to him my situation....i wouldn't know if he'll understand me..hopefully he'd be able to look what kind of setup my previous install did...
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2009, 10:29 AM   #10
i own an e90
chief general
Rep

on another note..i can't even leave a message..cuz their vmail is always full...or not picking up..lol
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2009, 10:50 AM   #11
RevC
Lieutenant General
Rep

if your ever around new brunswick..just hit me up i will look at it for you, i was an installer for tweeter for a couple years. and my last bit of advice, if your keeping the headunit factory, YOU MUST GET A CLEANSWEEP.

SGM e92 335xi|Helix|AFE|AWE|PROCEDE|SYNAPSE|ER|OSS|BMW PERFORMANCE|P3|always growing..
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2009, 10:55 AM   #12
i own an e90
chief general
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevC View Post
if your ever around new brunswick..just hit me up i will look at it for you, i was an installer for tweeter for a couple years. and my last bit of advice, if your keeping the headunit factory, YOU MUST GET A CLEANSWEEP.

yes i am keeping my stock headunit....and ive been hearing cleansweap...ive researched it ..and pple say they dont need it if pple are only running a simple system as in 1 or two subs and a aftermarket amp....but what is a cleansweap?..and why so many things have to be added just to have a simple system working for bmw...
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2009, 11:02 AM   #13
RevC
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
yes i am keeping my stock headunit....and ive been hearing cleansweap...ive researched it ..and pple say they dont need it if pple are only running a simple system as in 1 or two subs and a aftermarket amp....but what is a cleansweap?..and why so many things have to be added just to have a simple system working for bmw...
very complicated and long explanation..here is the link if you want to read up on it, way too long for me to get started! http://mobile.jlaudio.com/products_c...php?page_id=92

but your not getting the same level signals now. which is throwing off everything, the cleansweep is all about this response correction.. i am guessing the shop installed a hi-lo converter or simiiar box tapped into the stock amp, theoretically it shouldn't of fu*ked up the audio in the components. but more than likely they may have tapped the wrong wire or pulled another one out. the cleansweep helps in factory integration when you are keeping the stock headunit/speakers. whoever is telling you they don't need a cleansweep in their car for a simple system bs's you my friend. i have a cleansweep tuned to the key of the logic 7 system and i guarantee you if you come out and listen to it, you will be amazed how much more is available with these speakers.

Appreciate 0
      09-07-2009, 11:12 AM   #14
i own an e90
chief general
Rep

Quote:
very complicated and long explanation..here is the link if you want to read up on it, way too long for me to get started! http://mobile.jlaudio.com/products_c...php?page_id=92

but your not getting the same level signals now. which is throwing off everything, the cleansweep is all about this response correction.. i am guessing the shop installed a hi-lo converter or simiiar box tapped into the stock amp, theoretically it shouldn't of fu*ked up the audio in the components. but more than likely they may have tapped the wrong wire or pulled another one out. the cleansweep helps in factory integration when you are keeping the stock headunit/speakers. whoever is telling you they don't need a cleansweep in their car for a simple system bs's you my friend. i have a cleansweep tuned to the key of the logic 7 system and i guarantee you if you come out and listen to it, you will be amazed how much more is available with these speakers.

yah im not saying im not agreeing with you....i just dontknow much about audio and how its suppose to be set up with these bmw's..all i know is that my stock sound speakers and stock subs under my seats..seems not to be working....or maybe they are working when the engine is turned with the aftermarket subs...but i can't tell cuz the subs over powers it ... well craig tells me to call the shop in morristown but they never pick up the phone or i can't leave them a message cuz their vmail is full...lolz...

oh on a nother thought..i think they installed suttin to power up my amp..cuz they said with out it my amp is not getin power enough power...

i just dont want to go to another shop and pay alot of money to re-do everything...maybe its only one wire is connected wrong...iono...i guess i can't find out untill somebody checks it out for me..lol
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2009, 11:14 AM   #15
RevC
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
yah im not saying im not agreeing with you....i just dontknow much about audio and how its suppose to be set up with these bmw's..all i know is that my stock sound speakers and stock subs under my seats..seems not to be working....or maybe they are working when the engine is turned with the aftermarket subs...but i can't tell cuz the subs over powers it ... well craig tells me to call the shop in morristown but they never pick up the phone or i can't leave them a message cuz their vmail is full...lolz...

oh on a nother thought..i think they installed suttin to power up my amp..cuz they said with out it my amp is not getin power enough power...

i just dont want to go to another shop and pay alot of money to re-do everything...maybe its only one wire is connected wrong...iono...i guess i can't find out untill somebody checks it out for me..lol
yeah, like i said if your around here just drop by, i can most likely resolve your issue. --you mean they installed a capacitor for consistent power?..see if you have a square or round tube with the power wires running into it..

Appreciate 0
      09-07-2009, 11:28 AM   #16
Madson
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: AY M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig@SupremePower View Post
Wow, I remember, u guys did tell him.
      09-07-2009, 12:42 PM   #17
i own an e90
chief general
Rep

yah they did tell me..but it was impossible to get in contact wit those guys...i couldn't even leave a message ....i got in contact with them once ... and after that ....no answer
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2009, 12:43 PM   #18
i own an e90
chief general
Rep

Quote:
yeah, like i said if your around here just drop by, i can most likely resolve your issue. --you mean they installed a capacitor for consistent power?..see if you have a square or round tube with the power wires running into it..
no capacitor .... but ya, give me ur number and i'll mos def hit u up if ur around ....thats if i dont get a hold of fnishing touch....
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2009, 01:54 PM   #19
RevC
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
no capacitor .... but ya, give me ur number and i'll mos def hit u up if ur around ....thats if i dont get a hold of fnishing touch....
lol yeah my boy just walked in and said the same thing about finishing touch never returning his calls either..lmao, if i had the tools, i would work out of my apartment. i pmd you with my number, if you drop buy, just bring a couple of basic tools and ill sort it out..

Appreciate 0
      09-07-2009, 03:02 PM   #20
i own an e90
chief general
Rep

Quote:
lol yeah my boy just walked in and said the same thing about finishing touch never returning his calls either..lmao, if i had the tools, i would work out of my apartment. i pmd you with my number, if you drop buy, just bring a couple of basic tools and ill sort it out..

k sounds good...i'll try finishing touch again...if no respond ..i'll holla at you...
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2009, 04:37 PM   #21
RevC
Lieutenant General
Rep

http://www.e90post.com/forums/images/smilies/word.gif

Appreciate 0
      09-08-2009, 11:49 AM   #22
i own an e90
chief general
Rep

yup
Appreciate 0