E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA > NYC Ticket question....

09-21-2009, 09:10 AM   #1
Alan l.
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2020 F95 X5M Competition

NYC Ticket question....

Can those traffic cops issue you tickets with just your plate number without scanning your registration?

Biotch tried to block me in to give me a ticket but i still managed to pull out and be on my way. Just wondering if they could do anything with just my plate number?

Alan
      09-21-2009, 09:59 AM   #2
Dmitriy@AUTOcouture
Major
Rep
Drives: carefully

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan l. View Post
Can those traffic cops issue you tickets with just your plate number without scanning your registration?

Biotch tried to block me in to give me a ticket but i still managed to pull out and be on my way. Just wondering if they could do anything with just my plate number?

Alan
If she got your plate #, you got a ticket. They don't need much more than that.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2009, 10:08 AM   #3
Alan l.
Major General
Rep

Really? i thought they had to at least scan your registration sticker which is why they even out out of their cars in the first place.

After i left she just pulled up next to the car infront of me and gave her a ticket.
      09-21-2009, 10:20 AM   #4
fizzle
is it the 5oclock free crack giveaway?
United_States
Rep
Drives: a motorized vee-hickle

sweet move bro LOL

yea im pretty sure they can give you a ticket
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2009, 02:56 PM   #5
Crisp
Lieutenant Colonel
Albania
Rep
Drives: F95 X5M

Garage List
How can they give you a ticket with just a plate?

This is not a moving violation he is talking about correct?

If she only had access to his license plate and not his registration, it means that he was MOVING, therefore a traffic ticket for the car being parked at a "No Standing" let's say, does not make much sense.

If somehow, you do get a ticket, it should be pretty easy to fight.
      09-21-2009, 03:21 PM   #6
5soko
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M5

Yup i got a ticket with just a plate. They can do it.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2009, 03:24 PM   #7
Alan l.
Major General
Rep

Not a moving violation. I was standing at a bus stop waiting for my fiance to pick up something. My car was on and I wasn't paying attention to the traffic cop that just pulled behind a series of maybe 4 cars. Once the car behind me moved the traffic cop pulled up right next to my door close to sorta block me in while she was getting out of the car. Since there was room in front of me i just put the car in gear and drove out while she was saying "sir you can't leave"

Once I left she went for the car in front of me.

It really pisses me off that they are resorting to down right dirty tactics to try to give people parking tickets all over the city. I've had a traffic cop hide (literally!) behind cars trying to sneak up on me from behind just to try to give me a ticket when i was minding my biz not blocking traffic at all just waiting for someone to get in my car. Once i saw the jerk I drove off and he turned around walking back in the other direction. I mean if i was one of those bastids that triple park or double park next to another double park car then yeah....i deserve a ticket but i'm not causing traffic and I am willing to move but they are still going to trying to block people in. Thats just f'ed up imo
      09-21-2009, 03:46 PM   #8
SPANAK
First Lieutenant
Greece
Rep
Drives: BSM 330xi

She's probably too lazy to even search your plate (if they can even do that on those little scanner things)

Too many other fish to catch
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2009, 07:18 AM   #9
Crisp
Lieutenant Colonel
Albania
Rep
Drives: F95 X5M

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan l. View Post
Not a moving violation. I was standing at a bus stop waiting for my fiance to pick up something. My car was on and I wasn't paying attention to the traffic cop that just pulled behind a series of maybe 4 cars. Once the car behind me moved the traffic cop pulled up right next to my door close to sorta block me in while she was getting out of the car. Since there was room in front of me i just put the car in gear and drove out while she was saying "sir you can't leave"

Once I left she went for the car in front of me.

It really pisses me off that they are resorting to down right dirty tactics to try to give people parking tickets all over the city. I've had a traffic cop hide (literally!) behind cars trying to sneak up on me from behind just to try to give me a ticket when i was minding my biz not blocking traffic at all just waiting for someone to get in my car. Once i saw the jerk I drove off and he turned around walking back in the other direction. I mean if i was one of those bastids that triple park or double park next to another double park car then yeah....i deserve a ticket but i'm not causing traffic and I am willing to move but they are still going to trying to block people in. Thats just f'ed up imo
You're not getting anything man.

I can bet on that.
She's not going to stand there doing research on your car when there are other cars PARKED waiting for a ticket.

I left from a traffic cop trying to give me a ticket for my expired registration and from an Auxiliary cop trying to pull me over for "speeding".
I didn't even bother stopping for the auxiliary.
Both had access to my plates, both were too lazy too do anything about it if they even could.