BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic

EXXEL Distributions

10-02-2009, 08:45 PM   #1
Petlizard
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: C63 BS; LC500; F Pace SVR; P8

Kudos to LA Tint

I had my car tinted at another tint shop with very poor results near the dot-matrix area on my back window. They wouldn't fix it, statimng that it's normal with the dots.

I was so bugged by the look of it that I decided to called LA Tint in Alexandria and asked them redo the whole thing. They gave me a quote for removal and then applied new tint. It wasn't cheap but I went with it anyway.

When I brought the car over, Christian, the manager looked at it and advised me that he can fix the problem by cutting off just that section and apply black vinyl over. So he just talked me out of a couple hundred bucks job (old tint removal plus new tint) because I reallly didn't needed it. He even offered to do the vinyl at no charge.

Brought my car back the next day and they did it in 20mins while I watched tv in the lobby. I gave the tech a $20 for it the job. The new vinyl looked so much better. They have me as a customer for life there!

Here are some pics.
Top three are the before, and bottom three are the after.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-03-2009, 07:06 AM   #2
ase2dais
//Mdicted
United_States
Rep
Drives: a Cop Magnet

Garage List
nice
Im a LA Tint Fan.. Formula Tint is the best IMO
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2009, 05:53 PM   #3
V8MAN
Captain
Rep
Drives: '23 M3CxD IOMG

Wow, thanks for posting those pics. I have the same issue with my huper optik tint in the back window, just not a clean look at all. I had read about the vinyl solution, but had no idea who I could take it to in the area that knew what they were doing....

How does the black vinyl piece look from the inside on the car? I am thinking of making the trip up to Alexandria to get this fixed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petlizard View Post
I had my car tinted at another tint shop with very poor results near the dot-matrix area on my back window. They wouldn't fix it, statimng that it's normal with the dots.

I was so bugged by the look of it that I decided to called LA Tint in Alexandria and asked them redo the whole thing. They gave me a quote for removal and then applied new tint. It wasn't cheap but I went with it anyway.

When I brought the car over, Christian, the manager looked at it and advised me that he can fix the problem by cutting off just that section and apply black vinyl over. So he just talked me out of a couple hundred bucks job (old tint removal plus new tint) because I reallly didn't needed it. He even offered to do the vinyl at no charge.

Brought my car back the next day and they did it in 20mins while I watched tv in the lobby. I gave the tech a $20 for it the job. The new vinyl looked so much better. They have me as a customer for life there!

Here are some pics.
Top three are the before, and bottom three are the after.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2009, 06:38 AM   #4
Petlizard
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: C63 BS; LC500; F Pace SVR; P8

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8MAN View Post
Wow, thanks for posting those pics. I have the same issue with my huper optik tint in the back window, just not a clean look at all. I had read about the vinyl solution, but had no idea who I could take it to in the area that knew what they were doing....

How does the black vinyl piece look from the inside on the car? I am thinking of making the trip up to Alexandria to get this fixed.
It's a clean look on the inside. Solid black. It looks like a dark stripe of paint along the top line. The outside appearance is a big improvement over the before though.
Appreciate 0