BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum

Mporium BMW

10-03-2009, 11:05 AM   #1
BarryC
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 M3

UUC is a pain in the ass

Basic story is ordered a bunch of stuff for an E36 project and subsequently abandoned the project. My experience was as follows:

- delay in receiving original order and only got it after the owner got involved
- since I had to abandon my project, they did agree to accept a partial return of the order and a partial refund
- after several weeks and phone calls no refund.
- refund was issued after I filed a dispute on my cc but for less than the agreed upon amount
- was promised another credit to get up to the agreed upon amount but now after a few more weeks - no credit

So is UUC a horrible vendor - no. Are they someone I will do business with in the future - no.

There are a lot of other vendors out there offering just a good of a product and much better service so buyer beware.

BC
      10-04-2009, 05:27 PM   #2
Nawaaz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: .

hmmm.....Thankfully, my UUC shopping experience was a positive one. I recieved my ssk pretty quickly too. Although, I haven't installed it yet so I can't say anything positive or negative about the product itself as of now.

I've heard often that UUC's service has always sucked, but their products are top-notch.

Last edited by Nawaaz; 10-05-2009 at 01:19 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2009, 07:39 PM   #3
BarryC
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawaaz View Post
hmmm.....Thankfully, my UUC shopping experience was a positive one. I recieved my ssk pretty quickly to. Although, I haven't installed it yet so I can't say anything positive or negative about the product itself as of now.

I've heard often that UUC's service has always sucked, but their products are top-notch.
I think they will be "hit or miss" on service. They just don't appear to be well run to me.

Thx,
BC
      10-04-2009, 08:40 PM   #4
808MGuy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryC View Post
Basic story is ordered a bunch of stuff for an E36 project and subsequently abandoned the project. My experience was as follows:

- delay in receiving original order and only got it after the owner got involved
- since I had to abandon my project, they did agree to accept a partial return of the order and a partial refund
- after several weeks and phone calls no refund.
- refund was issued after I filed a dispute on my cc but for less than the agreed upon amount
- was promised another credit to get up to the agreed upon amount but now after a few more weeks - no credit

So is UUC a horrible vendor - no. Are they someone I will do business with in the future - no.

There are a lot of other vendors out there offering just a good of a product and much better service so buyer beware.

BC
So were you forced to abandon the project because of the delays?
      10-05-2009, 07:58 AM   #5
BarryC
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808MGuy View Post
So were you forced to abandon the project because of the delays?
No. The delay was one of several issues but not the cause of exiting the project. My biggest gripe is best stated as not doing what they committed to. It's a pet peeve of mine - if you tell me you will do "x" then I expect it to be done. I know they wouldn't have shipped me product if I kept delaying payment....

Thx!
BC
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2009, 10:33 AM   #6
DevJ
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: R8 V10+/YMB M4

John @ UUC was very helpful and nice to me even though I didn't buy my ssk from him. They overnighted my bushings for my ssk and overall, I had a pretty good experience with them. I think you just got screwed..sorry man
http://www.bimmerpost.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=133578&d=1204654487[/IMG]
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2009, 03:27 AM   #7
MrHarris
yodog
United_States
Rep
Drives: '86 Corolla

Garage List
2009 BMW  [10.00]
+1 on John@UUC, he is legit..

2009 E92 M3 | Alpine White | Black Extended | Advan RS | Turner Test Pipes | Dinan Axle-Back | OETuning | Eibach Springs | UUC SSK | VRS Front Lip | VRS Type I Diffuser | Matte Black | RPi Scoops | MS Filter | Yokohama AD08 | F1 Pinnacle
Special Thanks: Gintani | OETuning | eAs
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2009, 08:39 AM   #8
MMMorish
Just call me J.J. McClure
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 & C4 Corvette

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHarris View Post
+1 on John@UUC, he is legit..
+2
MODS: Meisterschaft GT Racing Exhaust / BMC Air Filter / UUC SSK & DSSR (Modded)/ RPI Scoops / Passport SRX Hardwired / Custom Wrap 3M Clearbra / 20% Tint / 50% Windshield Tint / Key Hole Delete / Matted Out Accessories / VRS Type II Diffuser / Smoked Reflectors / Euphoria 6K LED Interior Lights / Rear Fog Light Mod / 6000K HID's / 6500K LUX H8 Angel Eyes / RDash License Plate LED Kit / LED Xenon Reverse Lights
"M3 drivers have no friends"
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2009, 08:53 AM   #9
!Xoible
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: ....

Garage List
2008 M3  [4.00]
2007 335i  [9.00]
2008 528i  [8.00]
2006 Infiniti - G35 ...  [8.00]
i've always dealt with UUC and they've always been great. that doesnt make it hit or miss, but you gotta understand that shit happens in this business and there's always something that falls thru the cracks. usually when the order belongs to someone who whines a lot, and that's when we see stupid threads like this
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2009, 11:26 AM   #10
BarryC
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by !Xoible View Post
i've always dealt with UUC and they've always been great. that doesnt make it hit or miss, but you gotta understand that shit happens in this business and there's always something that falls thru the cracks. usually when the order belongs to someone who whines a lot, and that's when we see stupid threads like this
Yo dude - I understand that shit happens. It's what the vendor does to make things right when it does. The shit that prompted my post is that I had to call numerous times to get them to do what they stated they would do. Hence the title.

Additionally, I've bought a ton of aftermarket parts (>$75k) over the past 10 years from different vendors therefore I have quite a bit of experience with both good and bad vendors. The purpose of my post was to state my experience with UUC and that it was less than stellar. Having said that, I would readily recommend other vendors such as Bimmerworld, IND, EAS, Custom Performance, Vivid Racing over these guys. If UUC were a well run business they would take my criticism and fix the issues that led to this post.

BC

PS - I'd add Turner Motorsport to the list of recommended vendors too....

Last edited by BarryC; 10-08-2009 at 05:25 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2009, 06:14 PM   #11
MrHarris
yodog
United_States
Rep
Drives: '86 Corolla

Garage List
2009 BMW  [10.00]
Quote:
Yo dude - I understand that shit happens. It's what the vendor does to make things right when it does. The shit that prompted my post is that I had to call numerous times to get them to do what they stated they would do. Hence the title.

Additionally, I've bought a ton of aftermarket parts (>$75k) over the past 10 years from different vendors therefore I have quite a bit of experience with both good and bad vendors. The purpose of my post was to state my experience with UUC and that it was less than stellar. Having said that, I would readily recommend other vendors such as Bimmerworld, IND, EAS, Custom Performance, Vivid Racing over these guys. If UUC were a well run business they would take my criticism and fix the issues that led to this post.

BC

I'd add Renn-Spec and Gintani to that list for being awesome people to deal with.

2009 E92 M3 | Alpine White | Black Extended | Advan RS | Turner Test Pipes | Dinan Axle-Back | OETuning | Eibach Springs | UUC SSK | VRS Front Lip | VRS Type I Diffuser | Matte Black | RPi Scoops | MS Filter | Yokohama AD08 | F1 Pinnacle
Special Thanks: Gintani | OETuning | eAs
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2009, 06:37 PM   #12
!Xoible
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: ....

Garage List
2008 M3  [4.00]
2007 335i  [9.00]
2008 528i  [8.00]
2006 Infiniti - G35 ...  [8.00]
Quote:

BC

i see dude... i wish you better luck man, it's sad to see stories like that though.

God bless Longtran, i dont have to deal with shit
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2009, 07:30 PM   #13
BarryC
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHarris View Post
I'd add Renn-Spec and Gintani to that list for being awesome people to deal with.
Agreed.